Page 225 of 372 FirstFirst ... 125175215223224225226227235275325 ... LastLast
Results 4,481 to 4,500 of 7440
    Div E: Chaotic and Fabulous (Cha, Chillydusk) 2 - 0 Thunderbox Scramblers (Gob, Dog Pants)

Chaotic and Fabulous opt to receive, their front line immediately knocking out both of the Thunderbox Scramblers' regular trolls, leaving only Ripper to take the punishment. Meanwhile a goblin slips through the carnage to mark the lone Beastman who recovered a wide and deep ball. Beastmen fall back to cover their comrade, but not before more goblins slip in and sack him. The goblin responsible for knocking the ball free manages to recover it and breaks from the melee, but is brought down as he escapes by the outstretched hoof of an opponent. C&F beat their way back to the ball and inflict revenge by killing an innocent goblin bystander, before violently taking the ball back in the direction it should have been going. By the time they start to close on the touchline the Scramblers are down to Ripper and two goblins. In a last ditch attempt to stop the touchdown Ripper launches one of his remaining teammates, who successfully lands nearby and blitzes the now open runner. And dies in the process. Chaotic and Fabulous showboat a little while with a pass, almost missing the chance to score when it fails and lands past the touchline, but they grab it and score at the last moment.
    All hopes of a trademark thrown teammate equaliser dissipate when the Chaos team expertly land the ball too deep. Instead the now replenished Scramblers gang-foul a Chaos Warrior so hard he picks up a niggling injury as most of his mates have formed a bowling pin-esque triangle to stop the 1TTD which will now not happen. Not one to pass up the opportunity of some pitching practice, one of the trolls winds up a goblin and hurls him into the pretty formation, stunning the Beastman who scored and prompting high-fives all round (which is tricky given the height difference between goblins and trolls).

The second half starts with a Chaotic and Fabulous kick that drops the ball right on the touchline. The retrieving goblin bungles the pickup, and the ball ends up in the middle of the line of scrimmage. The Chaos side make the most of the opportunity, busting a clear space around the ball and pushing hard. They pick up, but the goblins take the ball carrier down before he can move. Both teams then chase the ball around the knot of players for a little while, taking time to punch each other where possible. Twice the goblins clear the ball and try to steal it, failing to get it off the ground. Twice the ball is recovered by beastmen who make heroic attempts at a passing game, only to drop the it back at their feet. This, ladies and gentlemen, is Blood Bowl at its finest. Eventually the circus show ends and a Beastman dashes free with the ball. A final goblin attempt at an interception only results in him injuring himself, and the game ends with a second Fabulous touchdown.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Ketamine Dreams lost 2-3 to Rotekian's dark elves in division G. My rookie underworld were rocking a 760TV deficit which was spent on Morg (who had a mixed game), a wizard, an unused apo and a babe.

I won the toss and elected to kick. We had a bit of a fight for a couple of turns with his niggled blodge side step witch being annoying before he scored on turn 3 by blitzing through my uneven columns and his runner darting through and passing to a goalhanging blitzer.

I then received and scored with a running play up the right side, with Morg taking three big swings at the witch before getting her with -1AG apo'd to MNG (injured on a roll of 9 because of the niggle - always sack those niggled players kids!). I eventually ran the ball in with Comedown my thrower on turn 6.

Rotekian then tried a very ballsy dodge-round-the-side with his AV7 AG5 blitzer which failed on a 1 (maybe even a double 1), although even if it had worked I would still have had a free blitz on him. I rolled a few 6s in a truly improbable turn 8 long pass and catch for a turnover score and a 2-1 lead at half time.

In the second half I received and failed 4 pickup rolls in a row, allowing the annoying blodgy buggers to cheese their way to an equaliser despite my using the wizard to zap one of them. The dark elves were running out of players though and only 9 lined up on turn 11. I feinted left and went right, with Morg and Gurning (the troll) zoning out quite a lot of the pitch. On turn 14 I could have scored with a single GFI, but chose to take a 2D block instead with Morg and rolled double skulls and loner failing. Rotekian knocked over the ball carrier and there was a bit of fighting around the ball but I couldn't quite recover it before the dark elves broke clear to score the winner on turn 16.

Cheers for the game and best of luck vs the vamps!

Obscure Node
    I apologize for my absence. work has me tied down atm....have a pretty rough deadline so been working 7 days a week with 16 hour days. I will conceed the rest of my matches for this season, and hopefully will be back a few seasons down the road. Again i apologize to all. o7

Hi Sollitus, thanks for letting us know! Hope things ease up for you soon!

Activated Node
    Me and Ninja132 were due to play our Division I game today but unfortunatly something came up and Ninja was late and by that time I didn't have time to play either.

We are both free on Monday to play so could we have an extension till then please?

Thanks in advance,

I 'think' I validated some matches - possibly not all of them that were on the sheet - but a few ... after I figured out what was what I'm fairly certain I didn't break anything :D

So I woke up at 3.30am partially due to the bastard heat and partially due to a creeping sensation that there's a conspiracy of Champs coaches lulling me into a false sense of security about my title... the Nobz haven't won yet! Prez can still beat me on casualties and TDs if I lose to Screwie and he beats lizard-people!

I've counted my orclings before they've slain
    My goblins before they shroomed
    My squigs before they hopped-
    I am DOOMED!

That would be the case if the first tie breaker was not head-to-head. The Cas-TD difference is only applied if the HtH is a tie.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Chillydusk is the one who is correct. It goes to head to head results first, then results against the highest-placed player in the league who isn't involved in the tie, then and only then does it go to the cas/TD coefficient.
    It's mathematically possible for me (and only me) to match you on points, although that would require me to beat lizards which I never do and require Screwie to beat you without his uberthrower who is nursing his newly christened niggle. Even if we both end up on 6 points though, you beat me in the first game and that means you win the tie breaker.

You won the league the second I beat Screwie.

Quote Originally Posted by President Weasel View Post

You won the league the second I beat Screwie.
    Me love you long time!

Ah good, so now the Nobz can focus on furthering the good work you started on Screwie's emo-elves. Mmmm witchelf stew...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ChainsawHands's Avatar
    So it looks as though 2lab might have dropped out?

That's a bummer. I was counting on him to beat up BigC's elves for me before I faced them.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    I am still not calm enough to talk about this.

Suffice to say, I've never beaten you on a good day with a full team, Grinn. Next time we'll play I'll only have 11 players. So your paranoia is appreciated but hardly warranted.

Quote Originally Posted by Screwie View Post
    I am still not calm enough to talk about this.

Suffice to say, I've never beaten you on a good day with a full team, Grinn. Next time we'll play I'll only have 11 players. So your paranoia is appreciated but hardly warranted.
    I have always respected and valued you, Screwie. I hope one day you can look past this little violent maiming of your team and consider us friends once again.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Don't listen to the evil Weasel. Hate him forever.

Anyway, Jcloth and I played out a very, very silly 1 - 1 draw in Division B. Validate me. And tell me who got promoted!

Validated, and the answer is 'not you'.
    You and Lowkey both have 5 points. You drew with Lowkey in the head to head.
    Next tie breaker after head to head result is result vs the next highest player in the group: that's Jclooth with 4 points; you drew with him, Lowkey beat him. Lowkey gets promoted.

If you'd both had the same result vs Jclooth it would have gone to cas vs TD coefficient, and I would have avoided the question and hoped Groovy would do it :)

chaps is there any wonderful admins around who can validate the matches in div C. reason im asking is that im driving across europe next week from the 24th to the 3rd of oct, so i really could do with getting my last match of the season in so i dont miss it from being away (if i win i get promoted too!)

No probs, I moved the day on for you.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LowKey's Avatar
    hahhahaahahahahhaasshiiiiit

Any chance we could move Div F on early? We're going to have a hard time scheduling during the week and I'm away next weekend.