Page 231 of 375 FirstFirst ... 131181221229230231232233241281331 ... LastLast
Results 4,601 to 4,620 of 7495
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    I can only count two occasions in recent memory where I've not been able to force the hand of a team stalling against me. One was because PW's Chaos had eliminated too many of my players to be able to make a dent, the other was 20phoenix's Skaven who managed to completely shut me out with solid manoeuvring.

Sometimes it's boring or irritating (PW), but sometimes it's an interesting and demanding challenge (20p). It's really only dull when it's an insurmountable advantage, but that is a lot rarer than you'd think. I've stolen the ball with many desperate goblin blitzes in the past. :)

---

@ChillyDusk/SWG - I just noticed your post, thanks for bringing that to my attention. That is a really weird turn of events as I can't see a fault in the formula - it's identical to the formulae in other rows, but only seems to be happening for some week 1 draws but not others.

I just did a quick test and I think I can resolve it by changing the logic of the formula, I'll pencil that in to work on it this weekend.

Well, I was waiting for the validation results of my last match against VV to make a decision. Having now examined my team's position subsequent to VV's murder of one of my two remaining experienced pestigors, I think it's time for a fresh start. The Illnesses have been foundering under slow attrition for the last several seasons, and I don't relish the thought of trying to skill up 3 rookie pestigors and a rookie warrior all at the same time. Even though the losses have been gradual, I've had no success getting the replacements into fighting shape, so it looks like a rougher road ahead than I've a stomach for. This means VV has, for the second time, relegated my team to the dust heap! It's becoming a tradition. :P (Though, to be fair, I've been considering the change for a while).

I've made the relevant changes in the sheet. I look forward to rising back up through the ranks with some mildly different Chaos Dwarfs!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus groovychainsaw's Avatar
    Last day of the season is today!

Most games appear to be played on the sheet, so that's good. If you need an extension, speak now or forever be defaulted! I@ll sort out promotions/demotions.

@PW or other admin person, can one of you run the live draw for next season maybe Friday night? I'm going to be away for a coupla days and I'd rather that didn't hold up the start of next season?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus laneford's Avatar
    I'm going to keep the Nurgle for one more season.

I have three aims:

a) Get Fastidiousness the Nurgle Warrior to 176spp (currently 175)
    b) Successfully perform an interception with the AG5 Pass Block rotter.
    c) Marvel at the inducements my bloated monstrosities will give up at 2400TV
    Last edited by laneford; 03-10-2013 at 06:10 PM. Reason: can't count

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Not managed to contact rumple in a few days. Not sure if we'd be able to play by a reasonable extension.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    Not managed to contact rumple in a few days. Not sure if we'd be able to play by a reasonable extension.
    I've not seen him on Steam in a while, I'll drop him a text and see what's up.

Incidentally the spreadsheet still seems a bit borked, as the table says Rumple's only played on game despite him having entered two results.
    I occasionally write things on this website. You can read these things by clicking this thing:
    www.teamsao.com

For the second time this season I outcassed a nurgle side packing more MB than me - this time quite convincingly (6 casualties to 1 with 2 of those regenning) I rode a wave of decent dice in the second half that were never outrageous but definitely favored me to overturn a 1-0 half time deficit to win 2-1.

3 wins out of 3 in an all nurgle division was unexpected!

Quote Originally Posted by groovychainsaw View Post
    @PW or other admin person, can one of you run the live draw for next season maybe Friday night? I'm going to be away for a coupla days and I'd rather that didn't hold up the start of next season?
    If another admin chap will sort out any outstanding results, I will host the live draw tomorrow night. See you in Steam chat from 7:30pm.

Thanks Screwie, I'll try to get on and tidy everything up tonight so it's ready for the draw. Let me know (via PM!) if there's anything you're not sure about...

No worries, groovy. I've been present for your draws before and more or less know my way around it.

Also:

If you played in the DoD this season but won't be able to play in the next one, TODAY would be the perfect time to mention it!

Ta. :)
    Last edited by Screwie; 03-10-2013 at 01:28 PM.

++ Put a 'Z' in the sheet!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mrpier's Avatar
    In Div. G my filler vamps was supposed to play Rotekian, but I haven't heard anything from him. Since it was a filler team, I didn't exactly break my back getting in contact with him either.

Network Hub
    Yeah, I've been around on steam, but I wasn't paying attention to the blood bowl deadline.

Well you guys ended up with a 0-0 draw as neither of you had posted in the group by the deadline, so there :-P

All's set for your live draw tonight, Screwie, all tiers assigned to all (active) players.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Smaug: I have a swathe of rookies and quite recently lost, in quick succession, my +str +move block tentacles warrior and my two ag4 extra arms lots of other skills beasts. This season I finished second in the entire DoD, in part due to accidentally min maxing my team into a bunch of cheap guys and a couple of brutal killers.

Attrition can be good.
    Last edited by President Weasel; 04-10-2013 at 03:00 PM.

2 Nurgle warriors in a team which has just been able to afford nine regenerating men.

1 warrior has block no other level ups

2 warriors just rolled double(1+1 and 5+5(mv/av/double)), what do I do?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Ignore both doubles and give them block.

Quote Originally Posted by Everblue View Post
    Ignore both doubles and give them block.
    You are a bad bad man.

But probably right... Jump up would have been delicious.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    One of em gets jump up and the other one doesn't. Simples.
    Then you spend a horrible few games trying to use a slow low agility nurgle warrior to score touchdowns with until you can get him to 16SPPs, and then you come back to the thread and say "guys, my jump up warrior just got a level up, should I give him block or mighty blow?".

Piling on surely?