Page 232 of 343 FirstFirst ... 132182222230231232233234242282332 ... LastLast
Results 4,621 to 4,640 of 6852
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus ChainsawHands's Avatar
    Jump up on one, dodge on the other. That's a 75% dodge chance: pretty much a sure thing!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Given that in this league we play 1 game a fortnight, if you give a nurgle warrior an agility skill as first skill then you will be waiting a million billion years until he gets to 16SPP for block and then longer than the entire age of the universe before he gets guard.

Nurgle warriors should get - block, guard, mighty blow, stand firm, claw. There is no room for anything fun.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Pff, mighty blow before block is the way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Everblue View Post
    Given that in this league we play 1 game a fortnight, if you give a nurgle warrior an agility skill as first skill then you will be waiting a million billion years until he gets to 16SPP for block and then longer than the entire age of the universe before he gets guard.

Nurgle warriors should get - block, guard, mighty blow, stand firm, claw. There is no room for anything fun.
    I agree with half of what your saying. Block for both is the right choice. However restricting all your warriors to the same path completely removes your options and teams with mutation access are all about options. My Open Nurgle have two builds I aim for - two of each. The first is block/guard/SF/MB/claw/tackle and the second swaps out claw for a tail and would take DT on a double dropping whatever the team could do without at the time. Those builds are done in different orders for each so I'm not short of anything.

Network Hub
    Near Chicago, IL in the United States of America
    no tentacles? NWs are annoying enough to try to block down anyways, so i'd imagine a Block/SF/Guard/Tents NW would be an utter nightmare...give dodge on a doubles for extra hair pulling frustration

Quote Originally Posted by President Weasel View Post
    Smaug: I have a swathe of rookies and quite recently lost, in quick succession, my +str +move block tentacles warrior and my two ag4 extra arms lots of other skills beasts. This season I finished second in the entire DoD, in part due to accidentally min maxing my team into a bunch of cheap guys and a couple of brutal killers.

Attrition can be good.
    That's a valid point. But I'm honestly just bored of my Nurgle team anyway, and have kind of been waiting for an excuse to ditch them :P. After 40+ games and over a year of playing them, I'm desirous of a change.

Quote Originally Posted by Limdood View Post
    no tentacles? NWs are annoying enough to try to block down anyways, so i'd imagine a Block/SF/Guard/Tents NW would be an utter nightmare...give dodge on a doubles for extra hair pulling frustration
    I had intended to do precisely that with a couple of my warriors. Neither of them ever got further than Block/Guard, though. Bastards take a long, long time to get more than a couple of skills without MB/Claw.

Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    Piling on surely?
    Could do, but don't call me Shirley.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Live draw will be happening in 25 minutes!

Network Hub
    Near Chicago, IL in the United States of America
    clearly i've missed it, but what is Live draw?

Activated Node
    Everyone joins steam chat in the blood bowl group to see where our divisions are asigned to.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    clearly i've missed it, but what is Live draw?
    There is crying, and then we drink tea.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

ST4 tents is a bit meh. Its similar to foul appearance in that it does force your opponent to make an extra roll but its a bit easy to escape from. Tail+DT+tackle is a much more effective combo.

Activated Node
    As an aside i had an idea seeing as we sometimes need filler teams to join the divisions for a season.

My idea was that a new league was created just a perpetual one where filler teams can join and play against the other filler teams as and when so unorganised and as we are all rps players we can be assured we all try to win and it allows the filler teams to work at all tv values without hinderance as an appropriate filler can always fit and allows people to play some more games if they wish.

Thanks for reading.

I'm pretty sure filler teams always need to be 1000TV to play with the new guys. Old filler teams can join the challenge league or the Open if I'm not mistaken.

Old filler teams can join the Divs proper, so long as they've not played any other matches in the mean time and become your main team (I think). Got some useless vamps hanging about I may do that with one day.
    Last edited by NieA7; 05-10-2013 at 12:04 AM.

Right, i'm back. Just so you know.

Activated Node
    I meant as in creating a place for filler teams to go so that there is a mix of filler teams at all tv that can have a history of playing against opponents wanting to win as well so that people can in a sense play a few more games if they wish to provided they can find a like minded opponent and just creating some flexibility as well :)

Quote Originally Posted by Hellsraiser View Post
    I meant as in creating a place for filler teams to go so that there is a mix of filler teams at all tv that can have a history of playing against opponents wanting to win as well so that people can in a sense play a few more games if they wish to provided they can find a like minded opponent and just creating some flexibility as well :)
    Sorry - I don't understand what you're suggesting. Filler teams will only ever be needed for the bottom divisions as spaces further up are filled by bonus promotions. As such we would only ever need fresh 1k filler teams. As someone else said ex-filler teams tend to wind up in the challenge league which is used for pick up games with RPS folk.

Activated Node
    Ah that sounds like my ally that i should go search for a home for some more games :) I just thought it was a nice idea overall but challenge league seems good to try out thanks for the place to search.