Page 235 of 372 FirstFirst ... 135185225233234235236237245285335 ... LastLast
Results 4,681 to 4,700 of 7429
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alistair Hutton View Post
    My Humans have never lost to Chaos Dwarfs.

The unstoppable force meets the immovable object!
    A 0-0 draw then.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ChainsawHands's Avatar
    To be clear, my chaos dwarfs have never actually played humans.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Apologies to Wink if he's applied since last time I posted, but: historically, Wink is quite bad at applying to things in a timely manner; if someone reading this is steam friends with him or knows him in real life please give him a nudge.
    We fill and start the divisions from the top down; the Champs is done, the next set down is waiting for Wink, and then we can move on to sorting out the lower ones.
    Last edited by President Weasel; 07-10-2013 at 11:49 AM.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by ChainsawHands View Post
    To be clear, my chaos dwarfs have never actually played humans.
    And let me be clear that I have never even so much as seen an Unpredictable Short Bloodbowl Player in a Hat.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ChainsawHands's Avatar
    Oh, you're missing out, Al. The hats are awesome.

Network Hub
    Near Chicago, IL in the United States of America
    Quote Originally Posted by groovychainsaw View Post
    I'm back!

And my norse face wood elves, skaven and goblins. Thanks Screwie, I owe you that beer ;-)! I knew I'd been saving all that mighty blow for a reason....

As for replacements, I've z'd Sollitus out meaning limdood gets into division F (so will need to reapply!!). Hopefully that'll be alright for you limdood, there'll be a few teams with a couple of seasons under their belt in there, but you get lovely inducements and a chance to take out some up and coming stars :-).

@Hellsraiser, I thought you'd come in behind the other guys but I can't find the historical sheet now, I'll have a look tonight.
    ooof, makes me wish i'd rolled 'flings now! Ah well, will reapply

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Can we start playing yet?

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeease Dad?

I was accepting teams into the lower divisions - well honestly I was figuring out what buttons not to press ;) - but I noticed Mr ChainsawHands has applied to group C - when he is in fact in B this season.

applied

/10 char

Secondary Hivemind Nexus groovychainsaw's Avatar
    @ Hellsraiser, @Cyberpunkdreams

Sorry chaps! Somehow I must have read a different division, one where all of you weren't on 4 points? As you were, though, it appears that hellsraiser is right, and he should have been promoted. Do the two of you mind swapping round?

Lesser Hivemind Node cyberpunkdreams's Avatar
    I thought it was weird that I got the promotion, but I wasn't about to question it ;). Ah well, I guess the Black Bomber's meteoric rise to the champs will have to wait another season. To where do I move?

In other news, this league's rules totally penalise stunties... /grumble
    My Arsenal of Democracy AAR: The British Empire
    Seeking alpha testers for a StoryNexus cyberpunk RPG.

Quote Originally Posted by mcphatty View Post
    I was accepting teams into the lower divisions - well honestly I was figuring out what buttons not to press ;) - but I noticed Mr ChainsawHands has applied to group C - when he is in fact in B this season.
    Don't accept them into the lower divisions until the higher ones fill up. It causes extra hassle if you then need to reshuffle the divisions due to no-shows and "hey I forgot to mention I was dropping out"s.
    Actually, accepting them isn't too bad just make sure you don't start the season. Speaking of no-shows...

Div 2
    is still waiting for Wink (never knowingly on time)
    Div A is waiting for Rotekian
    Div B is waiting for AgP
    Div C and Div D are ready to go as soon as Div 2 fills.
    Last edited by President Weasel; 07-10-2013 at 09:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by President Weasel View Post
    Don't accept them into the lower divisions until the higher ones fill up. It causes extra hassle if you then need to reshuffle the divisions due to no-shows and "hey I forgot to mention I was dropping out"s.
    Actually, accepting them isn't too bad just make sure you don't start the season.
    Apologies - actually I only did A - then saw B & C with chainsawhands were squiffy so I stopped ... and no I wouldn't start the season cuz of all that you said - also because I haven't found the button for it yet :-)

Sorry for the late reply but was travelling. Great if somewhat misguided report. It needs an edit for emotion from my part. I was just there ticking off lino levels and bashing your mans - winning was the farthest thing from my mind! So we were essentially playing two different games with two different goals and happened to intersect somewhere between my spikes and your manicures :). So I d chalk up a win against the Nobz when we're actually playing the same game :p

Anyway, belated yay to us for bagging the SIXTH CHAMPIONSHIP.

Uuuuggg!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Screwie View Post
    Right, since I'd written 90% of it already when Grinn posted, here's the report. It's another long one...

CHAAAWWMPS
    Rok 'Ard Nobz (Orc, Grinn) vs Dread Pool (DElf, me)

The Nobz are the biggest blemish on Dread Pool's record. The dark elves were champions without ever defeating the former champions, despite two previous attempts at it. And now in a match with only eleven men, and without their +AG runner and captain, neither team entered the field believing this game would be any different.

With a freshly-recruited lineman/meatbag to bring them up to 12, two extra apothecaries and a babe, Dread Pool were simply looking for a safety game and hoping to escape without haemorrhaging any more talent from the jaws of Grinn's scary MB, Piling On nightmare - now with extra Tackle.

The Nobz meanwhile began the game in a more generous mood, looking mainly to give their rookie players some on-the-job training.

That all changed in the first turn.

The Pool kicked first, and set up deep in their own half. The Nobz +AG thrower took the ball and moved behind the wall of black orcs that plodded downpitch. With his position secure, Grinn indulged his +ST/AG/MA/PO/MB/JU/Tackle horror with a blitz into the tantalising elf wing. He passed the GFI but he couldn't stumble the elf victim, so the orc marked him and the witch elf Obsidian too.

The lure of the elf placement had worked entirely as the Pool had planned - and they'd snagged the big one with the bait. The orc was blitzed down, then gang fouled by seven pointy boots and KO'd! MILD SUCCESS.

Agitated, Grinn pushed his orcs toward the elf endzone in a close 4-corner cage around his thrower. He marked some elves and knocked over others, showing that he still had plenty of strength players and killers on the pitch. They proved this much by bashing a rookie elf lineman to death. Too early and too green to be saved, I let him go.

But whenever they were caught, the elves dodged free. They divided their attention between marking an orc lineman as a possible receiver and applying pressure the cage, knocking one corner out of formation and stepping into the gap.

Outnumbered, the orc receiver heroically escaped Obsidian's Shadowing on his first roll (needing 11+ on 2d6, he rolled 12!) and made it safely to the end zone. The cage guards threw blocks against the elves, but a dub-skulls forced a TRR and then a Side Stepping elf used his skill to move adjacent to the AG4 orc thrower. Lacking time and options, Grinn made a run with the thrower anyway - and rolled a 1 on the dodge to freedom.

Suddenly there were more elves near the ball than orcs. The ball was scooped up and handed off to the +MA elf blitzer. He ran it up the field and well out of the orc team's grasp - they would need at least 2 turns just to reach him!

So then I took a real gamble - I stalled.

I was confident I could stop Grinn scoring in the first half (and then I would receive in the second, even better) but that would also mean withstanding 4-5 turns of the bashiest bash which could potentially destroy my second half chances.

Grinn's players were so deep in my half that his options were limited, as his speedy blitzers were the furthest from the ball. His thrower was the first to gain ground on the elf attackers, and they ganged up on him for his efforts before retreating again.

The stall was solid, but nearly cost me greatly. Another death, this time to a valuable blitzer, was changed to a BH by Apoth #1.

It came down to Grinn's Turn 8 with the elves balled up in a corner of the pitch, when an orc blitzer with Tackle barged down one of the cage guards. The elf was KO'd and the orc GFI'd into contact with the ball carrier. Another orc moved in alongside him, but then Grinn's turn was cut short as an errant misclick sent the thrower through the TZ of an elf with Diving Tackle.

Elf Turn 8, and the Tackler was safely shoved away. The TD was as close as a 2+ dodge with a reroll, and the +MA blitzer made it.

Half-Time Score: 1 - 0 to the Pool

Crucially, all my KO'd elves returned to action, while Grinn's monster player did not. However, the orc kick resulted in a Blitz! - and Grinn's orcs swarmed around the elf setup on both flanks.

Dread Pool took the ball and pushed sideways, knocking down one edge of the Nobz's pincer and hugging the side of the pitch. The +MA blitzer ran forward to receive, while the others formed the barest of pockets around the ball carrier - protecting him from the bulk of the orc LoS but not from any dangers ahead. And Grinn had held a blitzer back in deep defense for just such an occasion...

Knocking down the tail of the elf pocket, Grinn moved his Guard troll into contact with the ball carrier and both witch elves. His defensive blitzer blitzed - but would he go for the carrier, or the receiver?

He took on the carrier. Who happened my dark elf blitzer with both Dump Off and Nerves of Steel (lol), who chucked the ball to the waiting receiver. His ally didn't catch it, but still! The ball landed adjacent to him and Grinn only had one player yet to activate that turn - a lineman that would have to dodge through 2 TZs to reach it. He didn't manage it.

This time there would be no stalling. The +MA blitzer scooped up the ball and ran over the line.

Grinn's thrower, who at some point in the previous drive had been KO'd, stayed that way. As did Grinn's meanest blitzer. He was set to receive again but both his AG4 players would miss the drive.

The dark elves meanwhile were down to 8 players. The KOs kept coming back, but the team had suffered several Badly Hurts and one death (a rookie lineman). Their numbers were thin.

Grinn pushed his orcs up to the line, he had 6 turns and was 2 TDs behind. He needed to rush, so I only needed to stall, just a little.

The Nobz eventually scored on Turn 14 with rookie lineman Squigboy, after some irritant elf interference - but not before Obsidian took a nasty shot in the ribs and took a niggle that Apothecary #2 thankfully healed into a BH.

Grinn's monstrous blitzer finally woke up, but it was too late to save the match for his team.

The Dread Pool set up to receive one last time, and saved for their final moments in a Championship match one last brazen act of cowardice - lining up along their one end zone just out of reach of the whole orc team!

Final Score: 2 - 1 to the Pool

Level-wise, we both made out okay. Grinn got both his rookie linemen to level 2, I levelled my speediest blitzer from the TDs, and another lineelf with a vanity pass in the final turns (and then he went and stole the MVP, as well).

The only lasting injury was that of the untimely death of my lineman.

So I must say goodbye to the Championship, but I did manage to finally beat Grinn, so I can leave happily with that :)

So me and Prez are playing each other again in the first game of the champs??? And the fixtures are not meant to be fixed... cummonnnnnn who are you lot kiddin?

:p

Quote Originally Posted by grinn View Post
    So me and Prez are playing each other again in the first game of the champs??? And the fixtures are not meant to be fixed... cummonnnnnn who are you lot kiddin?

The only way to break the cycle is mutual destruction. Get to it lads...

I play you last, you mentile.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Sorry for the late reply but was travelling. Great if somewhat misguided report. It needs an edit for emotion from my part. I was just there ticking off lino levels and bashing your mans - winning was the farthest thing from my mind! So we were essentially playing two different games with two different goals and happened to intersect somewhere between my spikes and your manicures :). So I d chalk up a win against the Nobz when we're actually playing the same game :p
    A win is a win in the record books, no matter what excuses the other side makes. :)

Network Hub
    Near Chicago, IL in the United States of America
    so i just looked at the teams my incoming rookie dark elves will end up facing...

It pretty much guarantees that i'll be rerolling immediately next season....i'm not even sure i'll be able to make a game out of it. TV +450 Khemri as a first game for rookie elves? 5 MB, PO, DP and a 13 player roster...should i even show up?

They can't hit you if you're not in contact!

Gang foul & get babes, a wizard & Eldril if possible.

Last season it was 500 TV difference for me for all 3 games & it didn't work out too badly - even managed to buy a me WElf & won a game.