Page 237 of 356 FirstFirst ... 137187227235236237238239247287337 ... LastLast
Results 4,721 to 4,740 of 7112
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    OK tier 3

E - Is missing iNinja
    F - Complete and division started
    G - Complete and division started
    H - Complete and division started

Will poke at iNinja if I see him on Steam.

I was wondering - do you guys have an actual random draw to make the new divisions or is there some kind of arcane system employed that has miraculously exempted me?

I could be wrong but I'm sure my Norse have been in division A for quite some time now ... just curious ...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    After promotions/demotions have been sorted out for the tiers, it's entirely random within each tier. But as there's either only 2 or 4 divisions in each tier you can end up in, it's pretty good odds that you'll end up in the same one you had last time.

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by President Weasel View Post
    Anyone knows Wink, give him a nudge as he is holding up the entire league.
    It seems its someone else who is missing at the moment?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wink5000 View Post
    It seems its someone else who is missing at the moment?
    Yes, that's true now. But we can't start off any leagues in the lower tiers until we've confirmed all the tiers above have been filled, since we might have to move people up to replace no-shows. Since you're in the tier just below the champs, your no-showiness was holding up your division and all the tiers below. As soon as your app was in we were able to start off your division and several of the ones below.

Activated Node
    Sorry guys, I've applied to the division now.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by mcphatty View Post
    Will poke at iNinja if I see him on Steam.

I was wondering - do you guys have an actual random draw to make the new divisions or is there some kind of arcane system employed that has miraculously exempted me?

I could be wrong but I'm sure my Norse have been in division A for quite some time now ... just curious ...
    The Beasts spent about four consecutive seasons camped in A before escaping. Now they're back home.

Quote Originally Posted by Janek View Post
    The Beasts spent about four consecutive seasons camped in A before escaping. Now they're back home.
    Well that explains the smell ... and that nasty stain on the carpet ... do you know how much quaffed beer it took to cover this all up man!

Activated Node
    Does that mean we can't start playing our games yet?

Quote Originally Posted by DarthZombie View Post
    Does that mean we can't start playing our games yet?
    If your div has been started get playing!!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I have started division E and sorted the seeding. That just leaves tier 4 to be started. I think filler teams are needed?

Activated Node
    Played Vexing Vision's Grimstone Greybeards. My Necromantic Dead Rascals are fully aware of the hate I hold for dorf teams. Can't wait for the World Cup, where my monstruous Nurgles will crash those little bearded sweatballs of...

Oh, but I digress. The match started with the Dwarf team kicking the ball. For about 4-5 turns, the match was locked into a los brawl, with neither getting a definite advantage. Alas, it was time for my wolf play. I managed to sprint forward with the canine ball-carrier, hoping that the Dwarf won't be able to respond. That didn't work, unfortunately, but hope was not lost. A 1-die blitz with a ghoul was enough to keep the ball outside any TZs, and the proned wolf pounced with a dodge into the ball and then ran for it for a T6 TD. The rest of the half was about me trying desperately to hold off the Dwarf wave, their guards and injurious blocks making my life very hard. Luckily, my wolf came to the rescue again, blitzing and stunning the Dwarf Runner just as he was about to score a T7 TD. Therefore I managed to hold my lead into the break

The second half was not as slow paced as the first one began, but it surely seemed more one-sided. Undermanned, getting several other injuries on key players, I almost lost hope of maintaining my minimal lead. Vexing Vision even managed to get a runner close to the TD, while most of my team was down for the count, and my rerolls were gone. Thankfully, my wolf managed to dodge out of his containment, make 2 gfi in order to assist a 2-block die from a ghoul that made a dodge of his own. From there, I managed to get the ball to the los, where the remainder of my guys managed to put on a good defence. My final attempt to save my skin was another wolf dodge into a 4+ pickup, followed by another dodge and 2 gfi, all done without any rrs. I can consider myself lucky to have ended the game with a 2-0 win and with only a niggling injury on a fodder ghoul.

Right, so now that's all sorted... erm...could I please drop out for the time being?

I've been told that Alini/NieA7 Junior might pop out in the next 3 weeks (and not in 6 weeks as previously expected) and I'm to rest. While I'm sure BloodBowl classifies as rest, I would hate to have to dissappear mid season or worry about posting and stuff.

So could I please bow out for the time being? Maybe Gorm could take my place for a nice rat for rat substitution?

I, being made of sterner stuff of course, will see out my obligations baby or no damn baby.

Lesser Hivemind Node cyberpunkdreams's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NieA7 View Post
    I, being made of sterner stuff of course, will see out my obligations baby or no damn baby.
    Man, condolences. ;)
    My Arsenal of Democracy AAR: The British Empire
    Seeking alpha testers for a StoryNexus cyberpunk RPG.

Div E got kicked off today in cracking fashion with one hell of a game between the Crappy Comedians and 50 Shades of Beard.

In what was quite possibly the best game of Blood Bowl i have played to date, the Crappy Comedians came from what looked like undeniable defeat to secure a draw.

The first half saw my St4 Ghoul fail a crucial dodge, which resulted in over half my team getting knocked unconsious or worse in a single turn. Being Undead, this is even harder to watch, as you know there's literally nothing you can do. However, my remaining ghoul, a rookie, managed to blitz past the chaos dwarf defensive line and knock down the ball carrying hobgoblin. All this did was slow down the overwhelming mass of Beard from scoring immediately, and with a bit of back and forth for the remainder of the half managed to score a turn 8 TD.

The second half saw the Comedians fielding 7 players, but luckily the st4 ghoul woke up, as well as my star playmaker, a mv7 wight with jump up. A halfassed drive into the dwarves half resulted in all my players prone on the pitch having made it tantalisingly close to the opponents endzone. Not to be denied, the wight promptly got to his feet, dodged out of the enemy cage he was in, dodged back in to pick up the ball, dodged out again, and then promptly ran to the endzone and scored. The Beards, disorientated by this flash of utter brilliance, attempted to rectify the scoreboard, but it was simply not to be. A failed GFI on turn 16 caused a hobgoblin an injury and the game to come crashing to an end.

The final score was 1-1.

Chadsexington, you are a gentleman and a scholar. I hope the dice mucks us both about less in the remaining games.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    I'll be happy to jump in for my rat brother sadface. Although looking at the sheet, Khemri, Norse and Wood elves. I wont be holding my breath to do well.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorm View Post
    I'll be happy to jump in for my rat brother sadface. Although looking at the sheet, Khemri, Norse and Wood elves. I wont be holding my breath to do well.
    Let's go for it. Minimal disruption, like for like swap, doesn't put a developed team in with 1000TV new ones, puts you roughly in the same tier you were before. Get your application in.

Alini, this is pretty much the only time I will ever not get grumpy when someone drops out just after the draw. Good luck with all the everything.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Do we still need 3 filler teams for Division I then? Can't see the spreadsheet here at work. Any volunteers?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Gosh. Best of luck to NieA7 and Alini (especially Alini), I hope it all goes perfectly in a few weeks!