Page 243 of 366 FirstFirst ... 143193233241242243244245253293343 ... LastLast
Results 4,841 to 4,860 of 7310
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus ChainsawHands's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by President Weasel View Post
    I was going to, but then I realised you didn't put which division you're in. Oh well.
    *applause*

Quote Originally Posted by President Weasel View Post
    I was going to, but then I realised you didn't put which division you're in. Oh well.
    Apologies, I'd simply assumed that you mighty admins spectated all of our games from your Blood Bowl Command Centre atop Ben Nevis, and are therefore acutely aware of what division everyone is in, how many Nufflings occur per minute, and how many nostril hairs are in Grinn's orc team at any one time.

Division 2.
    Last edited by frenz0rz; 14-10-2013 at 09:40 PM.
    I occasionally write things on this website. You can read these things by clicking this thing:
    www.teamsao.com

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by frenz0rz View Post
    how many nostril hairs are in Grinn's orc team at any one time.
    They have taken to waxing inside the nostrils to promote aerodynamics, odd but true,
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Lesser Hivemind Node cyberpunkdreams's Avatar
    The Black Bombers (Gobbo) just gave Bad Plan (CDwa) a bit of a drubbing in the depths of Div F. 2-0 to the gobbos, despite the fact that they only managed five armour breaks in the entire match. Nuffle was on their side overall though. The evil dwarves had much more luck with the armour and block dice, but the Bombers did better on the D6, kick off events and throw-ins (especially the throw ins). Well played to Smaug though, and I really enjoyed winning for once... to the tune of 90k.
    My Arsenal of Democracy AAR: The British Empire
    Seeking alpha testers for a StoryNexus cyberpunk RPG.

Quote Originally Posted by cyberpunkdreams View Post
    The Black Bombers (Gobbo) just gave Bad Plan (CDwa) a bit of a drubbing in the depths of Div F. 2-0 to the gobbos, despite the fact that they only managed five armour breaks in the entire match. Nuffle was on their side overall though. The evil dwarves had much more luck with the armour and block dice, but the Bombers did better on the D6, kick off events and throw-ins (especially the throw ins). Well played to Smaug though, and I really enjoyed winning for once... to the tune of 90k.
    Awesome result Cyber!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    And against Chaos Dwarfs too. You are a beacon of hope for Goblin coaches everywhere!

Division 2
    Dread Pool (DElf, me) vs Full Moon Foulers (Nec, The Brain)

My expensive team handed The brain 500k+ in inducements, so he picked up a merc golem (with Block), a Wizard, Babes and a Bribe.

I received first, but kicked up a Blitz! so my immediate plan of attack was turned to defense as Brain's wolf (plus a wight Guard) got right under the ball. My elves swarmed in and after some shoving, both an elf Diving Tackler and the Guard wight were shoved off the pitch. The wolf was brought down and the elf runner retrieved the ball. He scooted up the pitch along with some friends, while the werewolves were rooted in my own half by some Tackle/Shadow players. I kept expecting the Wizard to rain fire down on me but he never came. The runner handed the ball to a blitzer (as two of my blitzers have been painfully close to levelling for a while), who ran it over the line.

3 turns remained in the half for Brain could equalise. At some point in the previous drive my Kicker had been BH by a golem, so I settled for a vanilla kick to the centre spot, which went into touch anyway. Brain put the ball into the relatively secure hands of his golem and looked to advance him in a cage. Since the golem would have had to walk nearly entirely forward to reach the line in 3 turns, and the player wasn't much of a thrower, I imagined Brain was planning a handoff feint. I set up the elf screen and marked up his werewolves. Brain's wizard went off early (or, more accurately, wouldn't let Brain cancel after picking a spell - thanks Cyanide!), but only managed to stun my witch elf. In the end, thanks to a combination of my favourite annoying skills, Brain was unable to clear a route and his last option - a marked up werewolf - was brought down by Diving Tackle.

Half-Time Score: 1-0 to the Pool

My turn to kick again, and this time I get the Blitz! Brain's line is wide but I am able to knock down the wolf on the end closest tot he ball and send my witch elf Obsidian through. With 2 GFIs she is just 2 squares from the ball - not in her TZ but only one Side Step away, and more importantly she is between the ball and ghouls and the wolf on the same flank. As it turned out the ghoul flubbed the pick-up anyway, and the ball scattered next to the witch elf. Such luck! Obsidian is joined by the two blitzers who bust through the line for her, and between them they KO both the ghouls near the ball. Brain pulls his minions back to tie up the elves, but they wriggle through and my other SPP-starved blitzer scores the TD.

Brain receives the ball and creates a strong pocket for his ghoul on one flank. I bring elves in to mark up the pocket but they are unable to reach the ghoul and are rebuffed in Brain's turn. With some creative blocking I manage to clear an avenue to mark his ghoul up with my Diving Tackle guy... but right before I move him I got greedy with GFIs and lost my turn - leaving Brain's ghoul completely unmarked! He scores immediately after.

Three turns let on the clock - until the ref lets the time run during a riot, giving me only two turns to score again. I place guards around the ball and punch half a hole through the necrotic defense (it's only half a hole because it still needs a single dodge to navigate). Obsidian is quickly deep upfield, but the blitzer I send to join her snake eyes on his dodge. Brain knocks Obsidian down but fails to stun her, so his wolf stands between her and the goal. Nor can he steal the ball from me. I broaden the hole in his line and send an assist for Obsidian to blitz - but (silly me) she JU-blocks instead, and is unable to move further after knocking down the wolf. No other elf is in range of the line, so I have a starved blitzer scoop the ball and make the vanity pass to end the match.

Full-Time Score: 2-1 to the Pool

This was an entertaining and swingy game. I would say the luck was even and mixed for both sides - we both had some bad dice rolls and some good. However I'm sure due to the lack of Tackle on Brain's side and the amount of Dodge on mine, similar luck on the block dice favoured me in the end. That Wizard misfire didn't help him either.

Injuries: Despite some fouls from the Foulers towards the end of the match, no lasting damage to either side.

Levels: One of my blitzers needed 9 SPPs to level up, and he made it thanks to a TD, being awarded the MPV and that little vanity pass at the end. Lovely! :)
    Last edited by Screwie; 15-10-2013 at 10:34 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    No dramatic description from me, I faced a 730 TV deficit against AGP's WElf bloat fest, after the mandatory journeyman I got a chef (who underperformed) a wizard (who managed a bh with 3 targets) and 3 bribes (which performed adequately).

I ignored consensus and took jump up on my duo of warrior doubles and the heightened mobility paid off in spades and it was a nice counter to the plentiful wrestle, I was just completely outmatched. Even 10 more skill ups across my team would have made a huge difference. Not to discount AGP who played a graceful game despite suffering reroll hungry D6.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Lesser Hivemind Node cyberpunkdreams's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Screwie View Post
    And against Chaos Dwarfs too. You are a beacon of hope for Goblin coaches everywhere!
    Thanks! I was pleased with the result, even though it was against a rookie team. Goblins can easily implode even in that situation and even with a 600k TV advantage. Plus dwaves are goblin cryptonite. I'm still lacking a lot of core doubles skills, despite having played over 40 matches with the team (or thereabouts). The dice did favour me, but even without that factor I think a draw or 2-1 win wasn't unlikely. Smaug possibly played a little too defensively as well, which helped.
    My Arsenal of Democracy AAR: The British Empire
    Seeking alpha testers for a StoryNexus cyberpunk RPG.

Network Hub
    Near Chicago, IL in the United States of America
    How Original 2-1 upset over Langside Chillybaws in division F

induced horkon and a tackle blitzer and stayed apothecary-less. Defense was going swimmingly until I needed a 2+ dodge with the tackle loner for a 2d tackle/block hit against his blockless skink ballcarrier and rolled a 1 and failed loner. Darkmalice scored t7 with me so out of position, but i managed a 2-turn score with 2+, 2+, 2+, 3+, 2+ with no rerolls to equalize T8 and recieving.

2nd half Darkmalice pressed hard and marked my blitzers, but i tossed the ball off to horkon and risked the GFIs to get clear, risking a dodge from a blitzer to run someone downfield with him that could actually USE the SPP. A very timely QUADRUPLE SKULL on his first block before standing up let me move right over to the endzone, where i just kept doublemarking his saurii and blitzing the skinks to keep him from being able to pressure the ballcarrier and managed to stall all the way to T16, running it in for the 2-1. With no RRs, Dark didn't try to 1TTD and the game ended there.

Final damage was a -MV injury to an assassin (i'm regretting the lack of apo now), and a dead -> -MV saurus for darkmalice after horkon landed a particularly nasty stab on the LOS...4 stabs per kickoff was very nice, but if only it were against wood elves!
    Last edited by Limdood; 17-10-2013 at 03:11 AM.

Nice result Limdood, you hurt him as much as he hurt you! I'd look at replacing that assassin as soon as you can afford to - Shadowing is pretty average at MA6, at MA5 it's not worth the cost.

---

Also *ahem* if an admin could roll on Div 2 early that would be nice :)

(Weirdly I don't yet have admin privileges myself, despite groovy's note - at least, not in Div 2?)
    Last edited by Screwie; 17-10-2013 at 12:59 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus laneford's Avatar
    I played against Boots' Lizards in Div 1.

I punched many lizards in the face.

I didn't hurt many of them.

Then, I started to hurt some of them.

BUT

I didn't hurt them fast enough.

I don't like lizards any more.

Final Score. Lizards: 4 Dead Useless Nurgle Mans: 0
    Last edited by laneford; 17-10-2013 at 02:07 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Concise!

Screwie, if you see me on the Steams this evening and remind me I will be happy to move the division on for you.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus groovychainsaw's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Screwie View Post
    (Weirdly I don't yet have admin privileges myself, despite groovy's note - at least, not in Div 2?)
    Well, that is odd, could have sworn I spent 20 mins inducting yourself and others into there. I could have been cyanided, in a classic case of the graphics showing me what I've done, but it not being saved. When I'm next at my pc, I'll take a look.

Just got back from a business trip to Bangkok for 10 days so got some serious Family Time to make up as Mrs Ethelred has been left with 2 under 4 kids for all that time.

I've asked Dogpants if he can play next Tuesday at 10pm (realistically the earliest I can do) onwards but don't want to hold up the leagues at all or really inconvenience him so more than happy to concede if that is a stretch too far for him or you gorgeous league admins.

Quote Originally Posted by laneford View Post
    Final Score. Lizards: 4 Dead Useless Nurgle Mans: 0
    Yeah, when you won the toss, chose to receive, then BH a lv5 Saurus with your first action I was execting the worst, but the dice turned in my favour in turn 3 or 4 and stayed with all game from then. The second goal in particular was a peach - Laneford was trying to score a 'quick' three turner before Half Time, and I manged to use the Krox to open up a route to the ball carrier. Hero McSaurus then blitzes in, knocks over the Pestigor, turns into an elf, picks up the ball and makes a dodge. Another dodge and two GFI next turn, and he gets his second TD of the game (first was pretty jammy too).

The dice let Laneford down throughout, and Nurgle just don't have the speed to stop a skink swarm with nuffle on their side.

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethelred View Post
    I've asked Dogpants if he can play next Tuesday at 10pm (realistically the earliest I can do) onwards but don't want to hold up the leagues at all or really inconvenience him so more than happy to concede if that is a stretch too far for him or you gorgeous league admins.
    If you ask me, I've got no issue about waiting for your game to be played, after all both of you guys made efforts to contact each other, so it's not like one of you was like "HEY, WE WERE SUPPOSED TO PLAY LAST WEEK, AIN'T THAT A BUMMER, EH?"

Haven't heard anything from mrpier RE: our filler on filler game. You out there, mate?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mrpier's Avatar
    Well, then you should check the Div. I group chat :-)

I've tried looking out for you on steam too, but our schedules there doesn't seem to match up. Anyway, I can play this weekend if we can agree on a reasonable time, sometime early sunday maybe?

Yeah, that could work, as long as you mean early Sunday my time :) I can't do sunday afternoon or monday.