Page 249 of 367 FirstFirst ... 149199239247248249250251259299349 ... LastLast
Results 4,961 to 4,980 of 7326
    Quote Originally Posted by Dog Pants View Post
    Chillydusk has reminded me I also need to announce my own retirement. Mrs Pants is getting ever more pregnant and the last few seasons have been difficult to fit in, not because of lack of time but because it's increasingly difficult to spend the game uninterrupted. Rather than peter out in a sputtering of abandoned or cancelled games I'd prefer to bow out gracefully.

I've had two years in the Divisions, I think, and every single game has been a pleasure. So thanks guys, you're a great bunch. Once the baby's settled in I might get to return, possibly with Blood Bowl 2. Until then I leave you with my only two regrets - that I never won the Champs with my goblins and that I didn't get to play my old pal Mr Joose. I'll be playing my last game of course, and hopefully post a final match report.
    it was great playing against you this season!

i too found that having a little one gave me more time at least initially - a break with the bottle playing people in the US at 4am!

bloodbowl is also a game you can play one handed!

Network Hub
    Near Chicago, IL in the United States of America
    Quote Originally Posted by groovychainsaw View Post
    Sorry to see you go DogPants and Chillydusk, particularly DogPants as I enjoyed beating up the goblins! You'll always both be welcome back here.

For everyone else, week 2 has ended, I'll be defaulting those who haven't organised their games tonight!!
    I'm not sure if i missed something or not. Maybe the games aren't validated until week's end or something, but the DivF game between Smaug/Marmojet and myself is still waiting validation.

Not trying to be pushy at all, just wondering what the normal way of doing things is in this league regarding validations (and i'm a HORRIBLY impatient guy....Christmas is a very trying time of year for me :D)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mrpier's Avatar
    If you're impatient then just ask in a friendly manner, and an admin will (most likely) validate the match at their leisure. Remember to include which division the match was in and to fill in the result in the spreadsheet. Otherwise the match will be validated at the end of the gameweek.

Network Hub
    ok! Thats clear enough for me. I just had some strange suspicion that the game client might have lost its record of the game or something....because Cyanide. But now I shall bask in the glow of an impending 3 player levels and the upcoming 3 assassins I'll have available against goblins! (thats a 5+ on 2d6 stab on a looney if my mathing is good :D)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    If you add me on steam then I am normally happy to validate games. Just sling me a PM.

everblue650

Secondary Hivemind Nexus groovychainsaw's Avatar
    Top tip!

Every RED name on the 'season info' tab in the spreadsheet is an admin - you have their steam names there, add them and go pester (in a friendly manner!).

Activated Node
    Quick update, SWG and myself have organised our game for tomorrow if that's allowed by the admins.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus laneford's Avatar
    Any advice for Fastidiousness, my 176spp Nurgle Warrior for his final skill?

He's already got Block, Claw, Mighty Blow, Tackle and Dodge, and has rolled a double 4.

Piling On would be the bastard choice, but I'm loathe to let him get fouled to death, and also, I don't really like Piling On.

Other thoughts include Guard, Side Step, Pro, Grab or Prehensile Tail.

Network Hub
    i wasn't meaning to be pestery, just wondering how it worked in DoD, so far i've only ever played in leagues run through the BBtactics.com website, so I only knew how their systems worked. There's often a big hurry to get games validated there, so I wasn't used to the end-of-the-matchday thing, but it of course makes perfect sense, so I just wanted to know

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by laneford View Post
    Any advice for Fastidiousness, my 176spp Nurgle Warrior for his final skill?

He's already got Block, Claw, Mighty Blow, Tackle and Dodge, and has rolled a double 4.

Piling On would be the bastard choice, but I'm loathe to let him get fouled to death, and also, I don't really like Piling On.

Other thoughts include Guard, Side Step, Pro, Grab or Prehensile Tail.
    Diving Tackle or Jump Up.
    With diving tackle, you'll only ever use it to force a Team Reroll or Turnover. If you force a turnover, then you aren't prone for him to foul....if you force a TRR to be used, it's probably a good shot at still being a turnover....if not, its still unlikely to be an early move for your opponent, and he'll likely be down on players to actually foul you with (unless he FORGOT about DT, he probably won't be making dodges out of a DT until after he's made his "safe" moves).

Additionally, he's such a scary player to be stuck next to, that he stands a good chance of CAUSING a lot of failed-dodge turnovers since the opponent won't want to face a claw-in-the-face on your turn.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus laneford's Avatar
    Interesting... DT is tempting, although I'd prefer him to be upright so he can blitz if necessary, that was similar to my prehensile tail idea (even elves dodging on a 3+ with no rr is quite fun)

I've also just thought about horns or dauntless, as a kind of anti-big guy machine (as they rarely have block, and he has claw, they're as vulnerable as a wood elf)

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Frenzy?10.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    I'm watching Everblue play against Lizards with his Human team in some other league, in the opening two turns he's KO'd 3 Skinks. I think I've KO'd about 1 Skink in the last 3 games I've played against the scaly bastards.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    I've played against DT Nurgle Warriors in the past, they're super annoying. Sidestep is also a really solid choice.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    And now a 4th down to injury, this is sickening.

Edit: An another KO'd this is Carnage.

Double Edit: Well, that was unfortunate, Dauntless Skink made a hero play.
    Last edited by Alistair Hutton; 30-10-2013 at 08:56 PM.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Janek View Post
    I've played against DT Nurgle Warriors in the past, they're super annoying. Sidestep is also a really solid choice.
    Sidestep is an outstanding choice given he has Dodge and Block.

Activated Node
    He has Blodge on the dude, so it's useful. PO would work for that dreaded combo. It all matters to what type of team you have and how would a certain skill on that Warrior fit that.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Alistair Hutton View Post
    And now a 4th down to injury, this is sickening.

Edit: An another KO'd this is Carnage.

Double Edit: Well, that was unfortunate, Dauntless Skink made a hero play.
    MB on everyone helps against the skinks. Didn't manage to break anyone though. That hero play from the skink was less than 10% chance of success ever with a TRR. Bloody lizards.

Ininja and I played our game in Div E this morning, with spectacular results.

The Crappy Comedians played out of their (figurative) skins as they proved indomitable against the elvish trickery of the Ulthuan All-Stars.

Despite initial setbacks (a pitch invasion right at the start of the game that saw most of the Comedians having a quick lie down) the Comedians very quickly asserted their dominance, giving Ininja's agility five catcher a niggle and giving the ball to the st4 blodge ghoul, who traipsed up the pitch before stopping to punch some elves and then running in a turn eight touchdown.

The second half saw Ininja receive the ball, and then cage up around his thrower while the remainder of the All-Stars got punched around for a bit. Seeing the futility of inaction, he attempted to move his thrower into the relative safety of his largest block of elf-mans, but yet again Spinemuncher the st4 ghoul foiled his dastardly ploy, blitzing his thrower and knocking the ball clear. After a brief scuffle, the ball was recovered by the Comedians, and was again givin to Spinemuncher to do what he does best.

Final score was 2 - 0 to the Crappy Comedians​.

Div H: Grimstone Greybeards (Dwa, Vexing Vision) 1 - 0 Thunderbox Scramblers (Gob, Dog Pants)

The Grimstone Greybeards start the match by kicking to the goblins near the touchline. The Thunderbox Scramblers are slow to recover it as they bounce off the dwarven defence for a little while, but they do pick up before crossing the pitch and fumbling a hand-off on the left field. The Greybeards capitalise on the loose ball by blitzing a space, but can't grip the ball either. Nevertheless, they start to cage up so that they can recover it in their own time. Before they manage to close in though, a goblin nips in to steal it. He can't get away, but he flings the ball down field to the team's speediest goblin. The pass falls short, but ends up at the feet of nearby Ripper, hired for this game. Speedy goblin wastes no time in taking the ball from the feet of the troll and dashing away, but the time lost means he can't escape the pursuing dwarves and a squabble breaks out between the Greybeard back markers and the goblin, ending in an injured greenskin. With little time left in the half it's the dwarf's turn for a spot of elfball, and he launches the ball right to a forward receiver. Lest they get a bad name, the dwarf on the other end misses the catch. The rest of the half is mostly taken up by neither side managing to take the ball. At the last minute the Greybeards do get hands on it, only to fail the hand-off which would have bagged them a late touchdown.

The Scramblers eventually kick after a riot delays the game (and officials are looking into accusations that it was goblin instigated), dropping the ball right on the Greybeards' touchline. The dwarves push forwards on the right field and form a loose cage, which the goblin Bomber attempts to crack. Startlingly, one of the dwarves intercepts the bomb. Holding it aloft in celebration, it explodes above his head. The still-loose cage slides into the midfield where the goblins regroup and blitz the ball loose. They grab it and make to pass out of the huddle of dwarves, but can't get it clear. This time the Greybeards make no mistakes. In an uncharacteristically swift advance the ball is swept up and carried upfield, before being handed off to a Blitzer who dashes for the line. He nearly makes it, but is cut down by the chainsaw of the Scramblers' determined Loony. The attack only delays though, as more dwarves pile in to injure the offender before the Blitzer trots over the line.
    With little time left to equalise, the Thunderbox Scramblers form up for a last attempt at a gobbo throw, but the kick is right to the line of scrimmage and the Greybeards blitz before they can react. The ball, on failing to be caught by any of the knot of players it lands in, has to be handed back onto the field. The goblin who takes it is by the right hand of a troll. The troll picks him up, draws back his arm, and drops the goblin on his head. There's no time to recover as the dwarves draw in to close the match with a congratulatory kicking.

Coach Dog Pants returns to the goblin village bringing a pile of corpses. Normally dead players are only a cause for amusement, but this time he notices less enthusiasm. What was once a rowdy, thriving village is now almost desolate and tattered. He had barely noticed. How many of the little guys had died under his management? A dozen? Twenty? Even the irrepressible goblins must surely be feeling the pinch. The fat chief's grin is strained. Maybe it always had been. "Chief, have you no more players for me?" asks the coach. The chief's smile looks a little desperate as he shakes his head, "No more games for now." The players slip off the wagon and join their tribe, tossing their helmets into a pile. Coach Dog Pants turns and walks away. As he leaves he hears singing, and glancing back over his shoulder he is met by the spectral vision of a full team of former players stood before the fire. His second troll-handler, eaten by his own troll. Stibum, the bomber who busted him out of the Khemri tombs. Killed by his own bomb. Several Loonies, killed by their own chainsaws. Remembering those happy days the coach smiles, waves, and walks into the sunset.