Page 253 of 375 FirstFirst ... 153203243251252253254255263303353 ... LastLast
Results 5,041 to 5,060 of 7494
    Chillydusk bowed out of Div D (3/4 pages back) just so you know.

Div F doin' it proper fo sho :P
    Gratz to Limdood on wiping the floor with everyone with his rookie DElves.
    Steam: Darkmalice (the evil smiley one)
    Planetside 2 (TR): IronShroud
    Life is Fedual server: Life is Pain [Dedicated]

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mrpier's Avatar
    Pretty sure I've already got the 2-0 default over Chillydusk ingame. I'll update the spreadsheet.

Right, I'm calling it. It's 11 pm here, and while shards promised to try for a morning game his time, I've tried to stay up too many nights this week with little success.

He can have the win, my gobbo's are just relieved to not get eaten this week.

Quote Originally Posted by laneford View Post
    I took revenge for the countless maulings I've recieved at the hands of the Chaos Dwarves, on Axler's unsuspecting tall hatted fellows in Div 1.

My injury and armour dice were ridiculous, and I hurt so many dwarves, so quickly, that Axler conceded in T6, which leaves me marooned in 2nd place, and with a big decision to make about whether to reboot, or stay for one more (almost certainly doomed) tilt at the Champs division with the Nurgle.
    Fear not Cinderella, you may yet get to go the ball! I'm going to have to drop out for a few seasons as real life is set to become a bit busy, so that frees up a slot in the Champs div next season.

Hopefully the David Icke Experience will be back at some point, ready to resume their pattern of being overwhelming lucky when in tiers 1 or 2, and generally disappointing when in the Champs. I have Z'ed myself in the spreadsheet.

Network Hub
    JClofz Boyz vs The Ball Curse

The Dark Elves came into this game the more experienced side. After receiving with an ork kick straight to Red'l Adder the professional fouler of the team.
    The Witch Elf Anathema opened up proceedings by bashing her way through a Black Orc to get into position to threaten a score. However behind her a positional error forced Red'l Adder to take up a more risky position in order to protect against an easy blitz by the opposition.
    Meanwhile on the other side of the pitch, The Ball Curse's star player made his dodges through the ork line and setup an alternative scoring opportunity.

JClofz Boyz were in no hurry to try and knock the ball free and opted to heavily cover the attacking elves. Despite covering the agility 5 blitzer with an agility 4 ork, it just wasn't enough to stop the blitzer from dodging away to the scoring zone, allowing the elves to pass in the first touchdown of the match.

0 - 1 to the elves on turn 2.

The orks made an immediate dive down their right flank to setup a receiver for a pass from the thrower Josef Chucks. Unfortunately the ball went so far off the mark not even the elf attempting to intercept could grab it and it left the pitch. The spectators tossed the ball to each other a bit before finally dumping the ball near the middle of the half.

The elves wasted no time bashing their way through the centre and left the ball in the capable hands of their star player. The witch elf tried to help cover with a blitz on the nearest upright ork to the ball carrier but instead went for her normal dive as a result of double skulls.

The Boyz try to catch up to the ball carrier but a 1 die blitz is just not enough to prevent another score.

0 - 2 to the Ball Curse on turn 4.

The orks once again try to earn themselves a touchdown on the right flank. This time the thrower decides to hold on to the ball, but makes the critical mistake of getting too close to the elves without enough support.
    An assassin and a blitzer immediately line up a classic blitz and knock the ball free. A black ork tries a desperate dodge to maintain the melee around the ball but it is not to be.

0 - 3 to the dark elves on turn 6.

At this point with the dark elves in a comfortable lead, they elect to take their star blitzer off the field. The orks always ones for stubbornly sticking to an idea continue to attempt a drive down the right flank. This time their thrower managed to complete a pass to Gary the agility 4 pro blitzer.
    Unfortunately a turnover on line of scrummage leaves him unsupported. Takin'it Home leaps away from his mark and gets a supported blitz on Gary to drop the ball in the field once again. The Witch elf takes a player off the field on the other side of the pitch clearing the way for an assassin to move up field for a potential turn 8 score.
    Ork blitzer Barry tries to clear away an elf guarding the ball still lying on the pitch but unsupported he isn't able to stay on his feet.

On'e R'ng the runner grabs the ball and delivers a solid pass to Anathema the Witch Elf who in turn hands the ball off to Spike the assassin for another scoring attempt, but he trips over his feet in the scoring zone and it is not to be.

0 - 3 to the Dark Elves at half time.

Due to a knocked out lineman, the Dark Elves star blitzer reluctantly makes another appearance on the pitch. The Dark Elves open the half with another beautiful play, kicking the ball to themselves before the ork team can wake up and do anything about it.
    Despite a valiant attempt by the ork thrower, the dark elves have no trouble converting the situation into another touchdown.

0 - 4 on turn 9.

The dark elves next kick lands in the far right corner, delaying the inevitable while the elves got in range. This gave the orks all the time they needed to build a cage and bash both assassins out of the game. The dark elves weren't going to let that go without a fight and the runner led the counter attack on the ork cage by knocking out a black ork.

The orks are orks however and managed to bash their way out of trouble. Passing the ball down the right flank once again, but this time they had an ork in position to go for a touchdown. Sadly even this touchdown was denied to them as Barry tripped on the ever treacherous touchdown line and broke his ribs. The ball left the field and was thrown back in on the dark elves right flank.

The star player moved to grab the ball and deliver an accurate pass up field to the Blitzer 'Censored due to poor taste' who promptly showed poor catching skills leaving the ball on the ground around the mid point on the Boyz's left flank. Apparently the ball was still too slippery from Barry's blood and the Boyz proved no more able to get a hand on it. Eventually the Boyz called in a wizard to bake the blood off the ball but in the end the Dark Elves were the ones to pick it up.

Despite another dropped catch deep in the ork's half by Anathema, the Dark Elves always looked like they would score another. A black ork tried to pass the ball down field to prevent it, but an interception by On'e R'ng allowed him to run in an easy score in the last few seconds of the game.

Final score 0 - 5 to The Ball Curse.

Lesser Hivemind Node cyberpunkdreams's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotekian View Post
    Ouch... . . .
    My Arsenal of Democracy AAR: The British Empire
    Seeking alpha testers for a StoryNexus cyberpunk RPG.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ChainsawHands's Avatar
    A 1-1 draw to finish the season for Div B puts me and AgP on 7 points each. I *think* I'll probably get it on CAS difference but I leave such deep mysteries up to other admins. On which note, is there anything sweeter to Nuffle's ears than a -AG on a +AG wood elf catcher?

Regular skill on my +ST Block hobbo. Options are limited and unexciting; probably fend I guess. *hovers mouse over frenzy*

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    All that trouble getting Grinn to arrange a day and time for the final match in the champs, and... I didn't notice the time and turned up almost a full hour late. Nice. I made most of the time back up by taking really quick turns, but I paid the karmic price for my rudeness with a 2-1 loss. The orcs had the better injury dice - although at least the worst injury, a self inflicted dead on my claw killer chaos warrior, was apoced to badly hurt. My injury box had what looked like half a team in it by the end, but the only real damage to the team was a smashed hip to a skilled chaos warrior (I'll keep him, he can maim people on the line) and a -AV to 'Resi Kaae the Third', who will be swiftly replaced with Resi Kaae the Fourth. You'd think I'd just pick a luckier name.

The winn keeps Grinn inn the Champs, I think - they're level on points and level on head to head, which means it goes to results vs highest placed other person in the division. That would be me, since (I don't know if I mentioned this) I won the league last week. Grinn beats me, which means his orcs get to stick around and kick the crap out of my players again next season. Joy.
    Last edited by President Weasel; 10-11-2013 at 08:31 PM.

Apologies to SWG.. combination of small dog and insistent wife rather scuppered me getting anywhere near a Steam account until far too late. Since it was a filler match, I think that I made the prudent choice...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    OK, season over. All divisions have been completed and admin results given per my previous post. Groovy had not updated the spreadsheet with his week 3 result in division 3 vs Gorm (the fixture order does not match Cyanide in this division) but everything else is sorted.

Over to Groovy to arrange the draw!

Activated Node
    Allright people, time has come to hang the boots and leave newer players to test their chances. It was a great pleasure trampling the fields alongside such wonderful sportsmen, be they fair or unfair. I lived beautiful moments alongside you and I promise I will return someday.

With that said, I'm switching to Chaos! :D Gonna work the spreadsheet right after I type this, by the time you read this post I will have most likely finished it [hopefully, in a correct manner]

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Had my Div 2 match against Wink last night. It would determine which of us would be relegated or remain in Tier 1 (or even get promoted, as Boots is taking a break).

Wink played well, managing to pin my elves much better than lizardmen typically do (lots of Tackle!) and I was forced to take some bigger risks than I would like. Despite eliminating his problem skinks early in the match, I was never in a solid position to capitalise on the ball-handling advantage. Although I was cheated a little by some critical fumbles, Wink deserved the 2-0 win.

It turned out to be a rather bloody affair. 1 skink and 1 rookie line elf dead, another skink BH and 2 more rookie line elves MNG'd. Worst and best of all, my MA8 blitzer took a -MA (the Apoth's second opinion: death) and Wink's ST3 skink took a -AV.

Down to tier 2 with me - and with zero meat shield linemen for my next game, I hope it's against a softer team :)
    Last edited by Screwie; 11-11-2013 at 12:03 PM.

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotekian View Post

Final score 0 - 5 to The Ball Curse.
    Yeah, Sorry I updated the SS wrong, I forgot that final score, tbh I should probably apologise for my performance (or lack there of) in this game too... You see I was having an argument with my girlfriend on the phone at the same time so my concentration/interest levels weren't the highest (not trying to take anything away from Rotekain).

So the Boyz are looking forward to a greatly deserved demotion and hopefully some less outrageous TV and experience gaps!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Vexing Vision's Avatar
    When's the live draw? I am all kinds of excited to potentially meet Screwie's beaten up darklings.
    NETWORKING 101 SIGNATURE INCOMING
    Playing games with each other makes for the best business contacts, so feel free to add me on LinkedIn.
    You should also follow me on Twitter.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    It was a season of growth and change for me. I will open my mind to stalling, but still relentlessly punish opponents that do it to me.
    The nurglings themselves are developing nicely, a leader some more block and I'm finally up to a healthy roster.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Groovy has been AWOL the last few days. If we haven't heard by Thursday night then I am happy to sort it and post the divisions for next season. Might need some help with the spreadsheet randomiser thingy though.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ChainsawHands's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    I will open my mind to stalling, but still relentlessly punish opponents that do it to me.
    Pressure the ball carrier! I don't care if my players die, but if you threaten my PRECIOUS PRECIOUS TOUCHDOWN I'll score in a hurry.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    What a season what a season

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    I'm finally up to a healthy roster.
    So... you've stopped playing Nurgle then?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ChainsawHands View Post
    Pressure the ball carrier! I don't care if my players die, but if you threaten my PRECIOUS PRECIOUS TOUCHDOWN I'll score in a hurry.
    This is the fun part for me, and some teams are really good (or entertaining, ie. Goblins) at breaking stalls this way.