Page 254 of 350 FirstFirst ... 154204244252253254255256264304 ... LastLast
Results 5,061 to 5,080 of 6994
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    A couple of games ago I played against a skaven team coached by Netsmurf from the BBTactics website. He managed an 8 turn stall against me - running from side to side by my end zone for the whole half and I couldn't force him to score. He won 2-1.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ChainsawHands's Avatar
    An 8 turn stall (with Skaven!) deserves a win, that's just impressive.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I have been outplayed by Netsmurf both times I've faced him. He's a really excellent player.

In my defence, my team in this game was rookie chaos pact. Three big guys lumbering back slowly and going stupid at the wrong times definitely did not help! But he orchestrated things beautifully.

The stall I pulled on Screwie in the Champs a few seasons back was a thing of beauty also. Wasn't eight turns though

Quote Originally Posted by President Weasel View Post
    I don't know if I mentioned thi - I won the league last week. Grinn beats me, which means his orcs get to stick around and kick the crap out of my players again next season. Joy.
    The Grinn is dead, all hail the Prez! Well done on winning the champs Weaselboy. Hopefully you won't stand me up at our next bashfest.

Quote Originally Posted by ChainsawHands View Post
    An 8 turn stall (with Skaven!) deserves a win, that's just impressive.
    Zoraster's rats did that against my Nurgle in the Open. First competitive match I'd played with that team, I think it's put me off slow sides for life.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 20phoenix View Post
    The stall I pulled on Screwie in the Champs a few seasons back was a thing of beauty also. Wasn't eight turns though
    Yeah that was impressive, you managed to make a barrier of terribly unfavourable dodge zones between me and the ball carrier and I couldn't break it down.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    OK, Groovy has been offline for 5 days. If no one objects I will work on assigning the teams for the new season now.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Everblue View Post
    OK, Groovy has been offline for 5 days. If no one objects I will work on assigning the teams for the new season now.
    I support this notion, I want my demotion! and to be able to visualise my next set of opponents.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    OK, so I have worked out the relegations and promotions, and drawn some groups. This is what I have come up with:

Champs
    Weasel @
    Grinn @
    Frenz0rz @
    Laneford @
    Tier 1
    20P 1
    wink5000 2
    Rotekian 2
    AgP 2
    Groovychainsaw 2
    Graever 1
    Chainsawhands 1
    Janek 1
    Tier 2
    Everblue A
    Lowkey D
    Screwie A
    The Brain B
    McPhatty A
    Hutton B
    BigC B
    Hellraiser C
    mrpier A
    chadsexington D
    limdoom C
    vexingvision D
    coxy5 B
    cyberpunkdreams D
    Rumpel C
    sillywhiteguy C
    Tier 3
    Jclooth G
    Helio F
    Gorm E
    Axler E
    smaug F
    Darkmalice G
    iNinja E
    Shards F
    Darthzombie G
    Keikian E
    MrJoose G
    Ethelred F

Updated for the CPD/Darthzombie and the Axler/Everblue switches
    Last edited by Everblue; 14-11-2013 at 10:28 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Unless there are any violent objections, could I ask someone who understands the sheet to generate the fixtures? Can you all please start applying to your divisions.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    HElf, DElf and CDwa meet my own Nurgle in F. Could be worse.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Activated Node
    How come I am in tier 2? I just made a new team, did I edit the spreadsheet incorrectly?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    The spreadsheet says nothing about a new team. It says you were second in division H with your chaos team and you would like to keep that team. I am not a mind reader - you need to say on the spreadsheet if you want to reroll.

If you want to reroll then please post asap - if you drop to tier 3 then Cyberpunkdreams, who lost out to Sillywhiteguy on TD/Cas difference, will go up to tier 2 in your place.
    Last edited by Everblue; 13-11-2013 at 11:18 PM.

Activated Node
    I want to reroll, I screwed up the spreadsheet apparently. I used to be necro and wanted to reroll Chaos, sorry for the mishap.

le: yeah, now I know what I did wrong. Forgot to put the { } brackets, lol.
    Last edited by DarthZombie; 13-11-2013 at 11:25 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus laneford's Avatar
    The champs looks... subtle... this time around.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthZombie View Post
    I want to reroll, I screwed up the spreadsheet apparently. I used to be necro and wanted to reroll Chaos, sorry for the mishap.

le: yeah, now I know what I did wrong. Forgot to put the { } brackets, lol.
    OK - updated my post.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Vexing Vision's Avatar
    *grumbles* Would it kill the universe to just once put me in a division I don't need to scroll for just once? Also no Screwie. :(
    NETWORKING 101 SIGNATURE INCOMING
    Playing games with each other makes for the best business contacts, so feel free to add me on LinkedIn.
    You should also follow me on Twitter.

After 22 not-so-glorious seasons Tooth and Claw will be standing down for a while as the coach learns how to manage the new mascot. Time and tide have been pretty rough for the necro's, with just one player from the original lineup still surviving after 66 games, but there's been some damn good matches along the way.

Because the coach sidelines in spreadsheets, copious stats have been recorded to the interest of very few:
    • 66 games, 33 wins, 14 draws and 19 losses, with an overall touchdown scored/conceded balance of +23
    • Overall Claw have caused as much pain as they've suffered with a casualty balance of -3, but with a mighty -37 over the 19 losses their Achilles heal of having the whole team horribly murdered before full time is rather obvious
    • With a grand total of 835SPP from MVPs, casualties and touchdowns alone you'd think they'd be a team of stars by now, but (un)life is pretty tough on the blood bowl field: the remaining players have only 328SPP (that's at least six and a half super star's-worth lost), with three quarters of that on just three players
    • But what players those three are: mighty Bits the golem (20 casualties), dauntless wolf Fido (21 touchdowns and 14 casualties) and slightly-gimped-but-apparently-invulnerable wolf Chesko (AV7, but we love him anyway)
    • Lest we forget the fallen along the way: the implacable MA5/Ag4 wight Vlad the Hunter, awesome safety Ag4 ghoul (who probably had a name at one point, but was forever "the Ag4 ghoul" once it had happened) and lovable little pup Pochi all made their mark in Claw's history. We shall remember them (for a while anyway)
    • Claws' level-ups have left something to be desired: from all those SPP they've managed only 1 double, 1 +MA/AV, 3 +Ag (one on a golem) and 1 +ST. Only the double - a guard zombie - survives to this day.
    • Speaking of zombies best of them all was Thantoldas Undataurre, a former pro-elf lineman from Elf Harm. By the end of his second career (brought about by a smashed collar bone curtsey of WebCole's HElfs) he'd made level 4, his greatest moment undoubtedly being the time he forgot he was no longer an elf and picked up the ball in a tackle zone before dodging out, going for it twice and throwing an accurate short pass to Fido, all without using a re-roll
    • Less impressive was Sev Stormweasel IIa, a former beastman from the Red Skull Reavers. Having died in the first half he took to the field as a fresh zombie in the second, only to get badly hurt a couple of turns later. In his very next match he picked up a smashed collar bone, bringing his terrible career to a mercifully quick close
    • The Reavers were Claw's most frequent foe, along with the Rok Ard Nobz, with five games apiece. Despite never having won the champs Claw have a surprisingly good record against the Nobz, with 2 wins, 1 draw and 2 losses each, but the Reavers are just ahead having won 2, drawn 2 and lost only 1. Between them the Nobz and the Reavers have caused 39 casualties in Claw, while suffering only 14 themselves
    • Chaos were most often seen taking to the field against Claw, with 9 games in total (4 wins for Claw, with 3 losses and 2 draws). They've never yet played gobbos, flings or orges

I'll be back in a few seasons, maybe with Claw, maybe with some fresh meat for the grinder (something totally different, like undead). Thanks for the games, and good luck to you all - until I return at any rate.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Best of luck to you and Alini - post here and let us know how things go...