Page 257 of 321 FirstFirst ... 157207247255256257258259267307 ... LastLast
Results 5,121 to 5,140 of 6419
    Lesser Hivemind Node cyberpunkdreams's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by groovychainsaw View Post
    ...did everything go ok?
    It was an unmitigated disaster. Never go away again. (Not really, great job EB... apart from my gobbos being in their worst nightmare div.)
    My Arsenal of Democracy AAR: The British Empire
    Seeking alpha testers for a StoryNexus cyberpunk RPG.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Welcome back GC!

draw is done, champs have started, lower divs need the sign ups checking and can then be seeded and started. Am away this weekend, but can start taking names tomorrow night...!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    OK, so the season is nearly ready to go!

Champs - Started!

Tier 1 - All applications are in and the divisions have been started!

Tier 2 - Missing applications from
    Juniorjojo (A)
    BigC (B)

Tier 3 - Missing applications from
    Ethelred (F)
    Jcloth (G)

I have sent PMs to friends of BigC and Juniorjojo, but if you know Ethelred or Jcloth on steam could you please give people a nudge?

I will start kicking people who have not signed up TOMORROW NIGHT.

Cheers

Sorry, app'd up

Whoops. applied RIGHT NOW!

(cheers for the heads up Helio!)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Cheers guys. We can probably start divisions A, C and D now, and then just 2 more to go before the rest of the league can start. I'll try to get to that when I get home later tonight.

Activated Node
    applying now sorry, since my work's server started blocking RPS its been super hard keeping track of this... I guess I didn't realise how much time I spent on RPS forums while I was supposed to be working!!

will get applied tonight sorry for the delay chaps

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Cheers BigC.

Thanks also to whichever admin seeded divisions A, C and D. I have accepted all applicants and seeded the other divisions, so the season has begun!

Your first game must be played by midnight on 27 November 2013. That's next Wednesday! We need to keep tightly to schedule this time to ensure we finish on time on 17 December and can wrap the season up before Christmas. Get playing!

Activated Node
    Near Chicago, IL in the United States of America
    How Original beat Crappy Comedians 4-1 in Div C

In a nuffle-induced one-sided game where Sillywhiteguy's players couldn't get any momentum in the first half, The elves went into halftime leading 2-0 and recieving, scoring twice more by T13 and giving up a TD on T16 only after a longpass from a ghoul circumvented my balls-out aggressive defense (it had to backfire sometime right?).

Unfortunately, my underdeveloped, too-poor-to-buy-stuff elves suffered 2 Perms to offset the 2 levels we earned in the match, retiring the -MA assassin with a broken collarbone severence package, and leaving my previously only levelled lino with a -MA that will see him on the LOS for the rest of his now-greatly-shortened life.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Vexing Vision's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Everblue View Post
    Your first game must be played by midnight on 27 November 2013. That's next Wednesday! We need to keep tightly to schedule this time to ensure we finish on time on 17 December and can wrap the season up before Christmas. Get playing!
    I understand that the Champs were started early, but could we please stick to the 10-day schedule and not turn it into a 7-day one for all other divisions too, please?

I know we're all eager to play (I definitely am and hope to get my match in tonight), but a game per week doesn't fit my schedule at all.
    My games-related Twitter: VexingVision

Currently playing: Hearthstone; Blood Bowl; Wizardry 8; Dominions 4
    Currently waiting for: Wildstar; Darkest Dungeon

Secondary Hivemind Nexus groovychainsaw's Avatar
    Well, EB's suggestion is not quite 7 days more like 9, i usually start the clock from when the majority of divs are started, which was last night, so we'll shift it to the 28th (10 days from the 18th). So, get your first game in by end of next Thursday!
    Benevolent dictator of the RPS Blood Bowl Divisions of Death - Join us!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I gave 9 days for week 1, then 10 days for weeks 2 and 3. This was with a view to getting everything done by Christmas. I am not going to hold anyone to the gruelling schedule of playing a game every week, don't worry!

God be with you. All of you. Especially you, Helio.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Thanks, but in case the Gods are dead I'll ready my boots for fouling.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Division A started off with my 1160TV underworld Ketamine Dreams beating mrpier's 1910TV chaos 1-0.

I was lucky as hell with my block and injury rolls in the game, and sadly mrpier's ball carrier beastman (whom I was admiring throughout the game as an excellent player) was killed, and a chaos warrior took a career-ending injury.

I ran in the touchdown with one of my goblins on turn 16 after a very scrappy second half.

Three cas for my blitzers Poppers and Whizz, but neither has reached 16SPPs yet so no claw.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mrpier's Avatar
    I can't seem to get my head around chaos. First half went more or less according to plan, where I kicked and set up a patient defence and stopped everblue from scoring. I also lost two CW to injuries (-1AV, and BH), but I gave as good as I got in that half, although it was mostly KO's I think.

Second half and about every blitz seemed to at least stun one of my players and everblue forced me to set up some less than ideal positions in the mid-field. My mino (of course) gave up a crucial turnover trying to dislodge Morg from my ballcarrier and my team was slowly unraveling especially after the third CW got taken out.

Lesser Hivemind Node cyberpunkdreams's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mrpier View Post
    I can't seem to get my head around chaos.
    It doesn't sound like a problem with Chaos to me, it sounds like a problem with rolling bad dice!
    My Arsenal of Democracy AAR: The British Empire
    Seeking alpha testers for a StoryNexus cyberpunk RPG.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mrpier View Post
    I can't seem to get my head around chaos.
    My mino
    That's what you're doing wrong. Get rid of that mino, unless it has block, and do not buy another. He'll always let you down, he's got poor armour for a big guy, he generates turnovers, and he gives your opponent a wizard's worth of inducements every game - or half a Morg.

Build a couple of CLAWPOMB mans (only one and he'll constantly be targeted by your opposition's killer blitzer), get some block and guard, and unless you've lucked out and got an ag+ man, build yourself an extra arms sure hands man for pickups.

Every turn, pick a player who looks either useful or fancy, and attempt to injure it. Protect your killers from easy retaliation by using other mans to cover them. Foul whenever they're down and their player costs more than yours does.
    Pretty soon you'll see fear creep into their playstyle; they may actually start begging you not to hurt their fanciest players. It's up to you what you do at this point, except for the first time you come close to sweeping the pitch. When that happens you must establish a reputation as a terrifyingly brutal murderer, a Helio if you will, in order to instill fear in other players.

Sometimes the armour dice will treat you poorly and you'll end up outnumbered and losing. It happens, that's random numbers for you.

It will take some time to develop some real players and the team won't shine until then. Other teams are better out the box. Block, mighty blow, piling on on two players and then things get fun - then tackle if you have skinks or elfses coming up soon, claw if you have incoming orcs and dorfs. Orcs do fine with only POMB, claw is a luxury (and a boon from the gods if someone brings dorfs to the party). During this development time you may think you "don't have your head around them" but it's probably just that other teams have more skills and positionals out of the box so can do more things starting out.

Oh, and don't be afraid to chuck the ball occasionally, it's really fun when it works.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    One thing I am starting to find when playing against bash is that when players overextend with their blockers it gives me the chance to rush the cage. You only had two chaos warriors on the pitch, but one of them was all the way over on one wing, miles away from your cage. If he had been available you would not have needed to use the mino to clear Morg away.

Similarly in my high elves vs orcs game in the OCC on sunday, my chance game when my orcish chum let two of his black orcs get isolated away from the cage leaving a thrower and lineman to make up part of the cage.

I am not holding myself out as an expert here, it's just something I've started to spot when I'm trying to evaluate rushing games and Why Stuff Goes Wrong.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    That said - your dice were crap and you deserved to win, so don't worry about it!