Page 259 of 375 FirstFirst ... 159209249257258259260261269309359 ... LastLast
Results 5,161 to 5,180 of 7498
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Completely forgot about krox, and mummies obviously both are great.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Vexing Vision's Avatar
    Something is WRONG.

Unbenannt.jpg

It looks like our resident Chaos Dwarfs scored a draw against themselves. It's definitely still formula magic and I can't see any faulty entry in the fixtures table either.
    NETWORKING 101 SIGNATURE INCOMING
    Playing games with each other makes for the best business contacts, so feel free to add me on LinkedIn.
    You should also follow me on Twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by Vexing Vision View Post
    Something is WRONG.

Unbenannt.jpg

It looks like our resident Chaos Dwarfs scored a draw against themselves. It's definitely still formula magic and I can't see any faulty entry in the fixtures table either.
    all the others start with "=NOEXPAND(SORT(FILTER('Season Info…" D is just "=(SORT(FILTER('Season Info…" could it be the missing NOEXPAND before the the first ( ?

Something is WRONG.

Unbenannt.jpg

Obviously someone has finally decided that being short is a handicap and awarded me some extra points

It looks like our resident Chaos Dwarfs scored a draw against themselves.
    It is hard to do anything but draw in all fairness.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    That is a weird one.

Basically, the spreadsheet is autocorrecting itself to be a =CONTINUE() "carry on using the same formula as above or print nothing" cell, even when I C+P the explicit formula in there because the formula has its own "or print nothing outcome" and it isn't a blank cell. Blank cells are being treated as "0" which is why I wanted to move away from them in the first place, hence the CDwarfs scoring a draw against nobody.

It's only happening on that row too, the rows above and below it use the full correct formula.

What on earth...

EDIT:

Okay, fixed.

The problem is the COUNTIF formula has a multi-row output, even when you're giving it a filter of size 1. Google Spreadsheets sometimes autocompletes that kind of output with CONTINUE function whether you like it or not, because it's being "helpful" (like MS Word helpful).

There's no option to turn this off (boo), but there is a workaround using INDEX to force it to take the first index of the COUNTIF result only. So that's done.

Spreadsheets, everybody! *jazz hands*
    Last edited by Screwie; 21-11-2013 at 11:39 AM.

I've decided to play my Chaos in the current open without a Mino no matter what to see if the team does perform better or worse without him.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Vexing Vision's Avatar
    Screwie, you make this all sound so very sexy.
    NETWORKING 101 SIGNATURE INCOMING
    Playing games with each other makes for the best business contacts, so feel free to add me on LinkedIn.
    You should also follow me on Twitter.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ChainsawHands's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Axler View Post
    I've decided to play my Chaos in the current open without a Mino no matter what to see if the team does perform better or worse without him.
    Better. So much better.

Lesser Hivemind Node cyberpunkdreams's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Screwie View Post
    Spreadsheets, everybody! *jazz hands*
    I've said it before and I'll say it again: spreadsheets = databases for lightweights.
    My Arsenal of Democracy AAR: The British Empire
    Seeking alpha testers for a StoryNexus cyberpunk RPG.

I do wish Google would hurry up already with a Drive equivalent to Access.

Quote Originally Posted by Screwie View Post
    I do wish Google would hurry up already with a Drive equivalent to Access.
    Access is the abusive relationship of databases.

Well any easily sharable free online database would be nice. Putting something in a Dropbox doesn't cut it.

Apex (Oracle Application Express) would work wonderfully, however the free servers for it (Oracle) are slow and require Oracle logins, so you would need a host for it. The licensed version is prohibitively expensive (ie, an Oracle License), but there is a free one you could install on a box and then face it to the web.

So someone would have to have a webserver and install Apex on it

There are league management apps and things around intended for managing things such as village footie leagues, etc. One of those could be re-purposed. Although having said that, the spreadsheet works pretty well despite the odd hiccup.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ChainsawHands's Avatar
    Yeah, so I think that might(?) be the first time I've conceded in an RPS match. I did have 6 players left at the start of the second half, but... well, I wanted to keep it that way. 1800TV before, 1250 afterward. Sadly my cdwarfs had no answer to Janek's ingenious tactic of breaking armour all the time. ;-)

Nuffle's will be done!

Played Cyber's gobbo's in Div D.

I played fairly sloppily after it was clear that I couldn't knock down a goblin without severely injuring them.

Goblins scored early and failed their bribe, leaving only the bomber left on the pitch on turn 4.

By turn 5 or 6 that bomber was dead, and most of the other goblins were sitting on the sidelines.

I moved the ball down the pitch to get a leisurely turn 8 TD but decided to rest against the sidelines.

That was a bad move as an AG4 gobbo hit me with a double against and knocked down the ballcarrier, preventing the equalizer.

The second half saw more bloodshed. At one point in time Cyber was down to one man on the field, and he was stunned.

I accidentally rerolled double POWs to blow my last reroll and then fumbled the GFI into the TD zone. That cost me a turn and prevented me from getting any possible 2 turn TD after the kickoff.

On top of that, cyber set himself up for a nice goblin throw. I did what I could to put everything in his way, including hitting both the thrower and the throwee with a fireball, but went 0-3 on the armour rolls.

Cyber then managed to dodge, throw, catch, and then goblin throw under tackle zones, land, and get a TD with a GFI without batting an eye to win.

Cyber's Goblins 2 - 50 Beards 1
    Last edited by chadsexington; 22-11-2013 at 01:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by chadsexington View Post
    Beards playing Cyber's gobbo's right now at 2300GMT if anyone is interested in watching
    If you didn't, you missed out: 2-1 shock win to the gobbos, with the final TD a TTM effort. We also took 10 injuries and two deaths. but that's another story.

Quote Originally Posted by cyberpunkdreams View Post
    If you didn't, you missed out: 2-1 shock win to the gobbos, with the final TD a TTM effort. We also took 10 injuries and two deaths. but that's another story.
    Yep, I was solidly outplayed with the "blind him with your own blood" tactic. I did a few stupid things and in general did not take the gobbo's seriously because I was pummeling them at every turn. Cyber deserves double points for sticking it out while getting players rather seriously hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by chadsexington View Post
    Yep, I was solidly outplayed with the "blind him with your own blood" tactic. I did a few stupid things and in general did not take the gobbo's seriously because I was pummeling them at every turn. Cyber deserves double points for sticking it out while getting players rather seriously hurt.
    I was down to one player on the pitch at one point. That's how it's done.

Edit: well, it was a hand-off, not a pass, and ironically I had to reroll the only 2+ roll in that sequence (the catch with AG4 gobling). Anyway, I calculate the odds of that whole thing working at about 14%, so not much less likely that, say, something such as failing that bribe roll, just for example =]
    Last edited by cyberpunkdreams; 22-11-2013 at 02:35 AM.