Page 26 of 346 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676126 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus sinister agent's Avatar
    Dwarves are pretty nasty right out of the box, though. That's the only reason mine scraped by with a few wins and draws when I first started playing.

Lesser Hivemind Node cyberpunkdreams's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Elesium View Post
    Gorm, don't worry my Dwarves haven't played a single match yet, I'd have liked to stay where I was, nice Elves and Goblins to sink my teeth into first.
    My goblins would have messed you up. Big time.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by groovychainsaw View Post
    right, we've lost the aforementioned four (after PMs and everything), so apologies chaps, you'll be welcome back in a future season. This means some minor disruption near the bottom (oo-er). Listen up!

Elesium, up to F
    The Brain, up to H
    Graver, Eard over to I
    Everblue, Chad Sexington, Cyberpunkdreams and Frenzorz in J
    Dolphan and BigC90210 in K, need 2 filler teams!!

Axler volunteered one filler team, so just need another for division K. Applications in by tomorrow if possible chaps and we'll get you playing!
    Are you on this list?
    If so please apply to the relevant league by 8pm tonight UK time - or post in the thread to say you'll be a bit delayed.

Please note that in order to apply you need to do the following:

Search for the league in league finder
    Go into the league using "view league"
    Apply from within the view league screen (it doesn't always register the application if you do it from the league finder list). The password you need is "chainsawed".

We'll be starting the leagues off about 8 this evening so make sure your applications are in.

If you're one of the people who didn't turn up, then shame on you. Shame! You have held up the beginning of the league and also caused some mild inconvenience to other people, some of whom are quite busy. You should now proceed to feel mildly guilty for a bit.
    Once you've done that, feel free to post here. We might be able to stick you in a special division, if enough of you trail in late and shamefaced to make it worth the bother. (Maybe there's even a reason you haven't applied yet? We'll never know if you don't post).

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Tell it like it is, PW!

(Also please validate my Division A game against LowKey please, as I think I'm rolling in level-ups - match report to come asap.)

Applied to H.

Division F all present and correct. Season started!
    Division H all present and correct. The Brain applied while I was writing this post, in fact. Excellent stuff, Brain. Season Started!
    Division I awaiting Eard - he's still in K at the moment, is anyone steam friends and can nudge him?

Division K awaiting BigC, but Dolphan and two filler teams have already shown up. Good work, fellas.

Here's what I'm going to do - I am going to give it another couple of hours and if nothing changes I'll start K as it is, with Eard in the wrong Division but at least in one.
    If BigC shows up before Eard does, I'll just stick him in I and start both divs with the wrong players, and someone who knows how the spreadsheet works (it scares me) can fix the sheet to match reality.

Someone's already validated Screwie's match, it seems.

Edit: oh, and Season J started as well, let me know if any leagues are still outstanding
    Last edited by President Weasel; 29-01-2013 at 07:15 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mrpier's Avatar
    Have E been started? I can't see a calendar or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by mrpier View Post
    Have E been started? I can't see a calendar or anything.
    It has now!
    The fixtures are mildly confusing because one of you has a different name in the game than on the sheet, but I think they're correct.

I've spoken to BigC on the phone, he should be home later this evening to join Division K.
    I occasionally write things on this website. You can read these things by clicking this thing:
    www.teamsao.com

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mrpier's Avatar
    Karandraz and Dentharial is gonna have field day with my rookies, still 700-1100 in inducements should be interesting.

Oh, and thanks PW! :)
    Last edited by mrpier; 29-01-2013 at 07:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by frenz0rz View Post
    I've spoken to BigC on the phone, he should be home later this evening to join Division K.
    Excellent, thanks Frenz0rs. That's extremely helpful. Just Eard to go then. If BigC reads this post - can you apply to I instead? If you don't, and apply to K, that's still helpful and we'll kick K off and wait for Eard to move.

Everything is coming together nicely and I am pleased.

(Oh, and I noticed G wasn't started off either, so it is now. Everyone except K and I should now be started).
    Last edited by President Weasel; 29-01-2013 at 07:44 PM.

applied to I, cheers to frenz for the headsup!

Quote Originally Posted by mrpier View Post
    Karandraz and Dentharial is gonna have field day with my rookies, still 700-1100 in inducements should be interesting.
    If they're going to have a field day with your team, I might as well book some coffins for my players right now.

Right then! All divisions are now started! (unless one of them got missed, if so let us know)

Bigc90210 is actually in Division I

Eard is actually in Division K

(If you are reading this, Eard, don't change divisions now as it will ruin everything*)

Someone who is vaguely competent with the spreadsheet please make the relevant changes.

BigC, I am afraid your introduction to the divisions comes against a somewhat developed team with 1500-odd TV, and against Corkir who is a frighteningly competent coach. But losing's all part of the fun of BB, plus the god of bloodbowl is known for being capricious and having a mean sense of humour so your opposition may all suffer horrible injuries by turn 5. You never know.

thank you all and goodnight!

Someone appears to have already changed the spreadsheet. Nice!

*actually it would be eminently fixable, but don't do it anyway
    Last edited by President Weasel; 29-01-2013 at 10:56 PM.

Well, I never thought I'd see the day. . .

Apoplexy, my SPP hog Nurgle Warrior, has rolled +ST.

He is now a 5ST Block-MB-Claw-Guard monster.

He'll probably die next match. He's too beautiful to live.

Lesser Hivemind Node cyberpunkdreams's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by smaug81 View Post
    ...beautiful...
    Is that really the right word to use when discussing Nurgle?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberpunkdreams View Post
    Is that really the right word to use when discussing Nurgle?
    Papa Nurgle loves all of his children.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Division A
    The Splinters Rejects (UW, LowKey) vs Dread Pool (DElf, me)

The classy photoshopped tabloid headline for this match had just to be:

So yeah, I might have a new favourite BB skill - my Shadowing players were freaking amazing in this game! :D A constant thorn in LowKey's side, at times they either caught him unaware or just provided a great deal of nuisance for his plans. Nuisance is valuable.

It started with my elves receiving and scoring a quick TD in turn 2 to take the lead. Then, the sweltering heat struck, overcoming six elves and five underworlders, including both LowKey's big guys (he induced Morg for the match) and one of his worrisome MB blitzers.

The next drive was surreal, both sides playing with reduced players only two turns into the match. Fortunately after fouling his other MB blitzer out of the drive (merely a KO, for which my lineman got sent off) I was able to stall out the game until halftime, by the whistle the elves were in control of the ball - but without a receiver within running distance of the end zone.

I made a much worse mistake in the second half. Defending against Lowkey's drive my elves pushed his team left and right leaving the centre only sparsely defended. Morg came barrelling through and created an opening for a skaven-lined cage deep in my own half. Scrambling back to re-cover the runners one of my elves slipped, and LowKey equalised right after.

A pitch invasion followed the next kick, allowing me again to dash forward, fend off the underworlders and score another 2-turn TD.

On the following kick a riot broke out, granting LowKey more time to pull the game back. I tried hard to peel back the wall of players he'd formed to protect his thrower, and managed to slip a Shadowing elf behind to mark him. Through extremely cunning positioning LowKey was able to pass the ball to another rat without allowing either of my Pass Blockers to interfere - there were just too many TZs to dodge through - and he brought the ball close to the goal line before suffering a catastrophic GFI failure.

The next few turns were a tussle around the ball in my half of the pitch but, in Turn 15, I found an opening and stole the ball. It was passed upfield to my AG 5 runner who then carried it within scoring distance. LowKey marked up with what he could, but most of the players on the pitch were way on the other side of the halfway line. My AG 5 player easily dodged away and ran it home on the final turn.

The Score: 3 - 1 to the Dread Pool

Injury-wise my team escaped with only a BH blitzer, amazing considering the amount of MB LowKey brought to the field. He didn't fare so well, one Dead goblin, two more BH and one of his throwers picked up a niggle.

I had four players levelling from this match, helped somewhat by the scoreline and the stunty opposition, but mostly because they'd just been resting below the next level for far too long already. One of my assassins finally reached level 2! No, he didn't roll a double. :(

Great game! Fun game.
    Last edited by Screwie; 30-01-2013 at 11:54 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LowKey's Avatar
    Brilliant write up screwie, it really was shadowing vs stunty, still a fun game all together and my blitzer rolled a double and got jump up so he just needs claw and pile on

Ooh nasty! The blitzers really are excellent on the UW team.

My lvl 2 Blodge blitzer levelled up from the MVP and took +MA. After my MA 8 witch elf kicking all that butt, how could I not? Shadowing is probably in his future too, I think :)
    Last edited by Screwie; 30-01-2013 at 10:52 AM.