Page 260 of 356 FirstFirst ... 160210250258259260261262270310 ... LastLast
Results 5,181 to 5,200 of 7120
    Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberpunkdreams View Post
    I was down to one player on the pitch at one point. That's how it's done.
    I am reading this as an implicit criticism of Chainsawhands. After all Chaos Dwarf and goblins are pretty similar aren't they, they've both got payers called Goblins on the team?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Vexing Vision's Avatar
    I actually have to ask - how do you watch an ongoing match, unless one of the participants is streaming?
    NETWORKING 101 SIGNATURE INCOMING
    Playing games with each other makes for the best business contacts, so feel free to add me on LinkedIn.
    You should also follow me on Twitter.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Vexing Vision View Post
    I actually have to ask - how do you watch an ongoing match, unless one of the participants is streaming?
    There is a Live tab on the community section of the BB interface.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mrpier's Avatar
    Note that you always start watching from the start of the game regardless of how long it's been playing. Numpad +/- to speed up/slow down play until you catch up.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Axler View Post
    I've decided to play my Chaos in the current open without a Mino no matter what to see if the team does perform better or worse without him.
    Boo, another turned to the dark side.

In that case, when we meet in the Open I have to beat you to show my cow advantage. Who knows, maybe I'll even score a TD with my minotaur!**

**(This was conceived as a joke, but now I am a little tempted to try...)

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Screwie View Post
    Boo, another turned to the dark side.

In that case, when we meet in the Open I have to beat you to show my cow advantage. Who knows, maybe I'll even score a TD with my minotaur!**
    In the early days of the Altdorf Army my Ogre, the late lamented Torg'n'Thorg (no relation), would be given the ball on touchbacks. I would then declare "HAMMER TIME!!!" in chat and see what happened. He was my joint highest TD scorer for quite a while. Wold run the play with a Catch standing behind him to hand-off to in to take advantage of the opponent over committed in front of him my Ogre.

Always remember with Minos you can decalre a Blitz but not actually hit someone, makes them way more reliable at moving for the price of giving up your Blitz.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alistair Hutton View Post
    Always remember with Minos you can decalre a Blitz but not actually hit someone, makes them way more reliable at moving for the price of giving up your Blitz.
    Amazingly this is something I only found out this year. All the time I'd been playing my minotaur "honestly".

All other blitzes too. I've since learned how useful it is to be able to bail out on a blitz, being able to stop short and say "nope" after you had to waste the TRR you were saving for a block on the dodge or GFI roll to get there is sometimes the right thing to do.
    Last edited by Screwie; 22-11-2013 at 02:40 PM.

Div F - Elf off - (Ethelred) Nuffle accursed Dark Elves 2 - 1 Nuffle accursed High Elves (me)

Could have gone either way I think, Nuffle was at her most capricious for both of us. Thanks for the game Ethelred!

Highlight of the game for me - A wizard fireball that actually did it's job in helping me score a defensive TD!

Note for other, bashier, members of the league, Ethelred has a -AV blitzer called "Ethelred"... make of this what you wish..

Quote Originally Posted by Shards View Post
    Note for other, bashier, members of the league, Ethelred has a -AV blitzer called "Ethelred"... make of this what you wish..
    It's a good job Helio isn't well known as a fouler, oh wait....

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethelred View Post
    I prefer niggles, but I'm not fussy.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Vexing Vision's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shards View Post
    Yeah, at one point last league he ran into a dwarf's beard.
    NETWORKING 101 SIGNATURE INCOMING
    Playing games with each other makes for the best business contacts, so feel free to add me on LinkedIn.
    You should also follow me on Twitter.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ChainsawHands's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethelred View Post
    I don't think he fouled me once. Friggin' carebear.

Please stop winding up the Helio :( My elves are very young and skill-less....

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    I'm worse than Helio these days. That's because I try to live by the mantra "what would Helio do?" whereas the inspiration for my murdering and fouling spree has gone soft.

That's right, Helio. Soft and toothless, like a pleasant-tempered old lady. Perhaps we can get you some gruel to gum, while pretending to listen to stories about your grandchildren.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus laneford's Avatar
    A relatively lucky 2-1 victory in the Champs over the very determined and irritating Norse of frenz0rz's Heroes of Holmgard, gave my Nurgle their first three points of the season.

Plan A of hitting the scantily clad vikings until they refused to get up didn't work very well, so I was reduced to plan B, which consisted of a hastily botched, far too risky offense somehow scraping a T8 TD on my drive, and a sneaky hit, steal and pass for a as-it-turned-out match winning second TD on frenz0rs first drive. (T10/T11 I think).

Sweltering Heat reduced me to 9 players for the reply, but after a botched pass, frenz0rs eventually gave up on trying to get 2 quick replies to force the draw, and resorted to crowdsurfing sidestepping Nurgle warriors, before getting a consolation TD at the death.

For the first and almost certainly last time, I am top of the entire divisions!

Look up at me, mortals, and cower. ​In amusement.
    Last edited by laneford; 25-11-2013 at 09:52 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by President Weasel View Post
    like a pleasant-tempered old lady. Perhaps we can get you some gruel to gum, while pretending to listen to stories about your grandchildren.
    Last edited by Heliocentric; 25-11-2013 at 11:15 PM.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by laneford View Post
    A relatively lucky 2-1 victory in the Champs over the very determined and irritating Norse of frenz0rz's Heroes of Holmgard, gave my Nurgle their first three points of the season.
    It was an enjoyable game and you certainly didn't give me much room to manoeuvre, so it became one of those great games of thinking on your feet and exploiting any available opportunity. I must admit I swore quite (very) loudly when you stole the ball and passed it in for a winning TD, but it was well played and I very much look forward to our next encounter.

Alas, the final turn blocks resulted in the Heroes losing yet another Yhetee. Fourth time lucky?
    I occasionally write things on this website. You can read these things by clicking this thing:
    www.teamsao.com

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    I was about to say something along the lines of "dammit Laneford couldn't you at least have hurt some of them?" but I see thanks to you I'll be facing a rookie yhetee. A rhookee, if you will. That'll do, pig.
    Still could have done with you getting a draw though, I hate and fear your Nurgles at the best of times, and "already two points behind" doesn't count as best.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Just a reminder that week one ends tomorrow!!!111

Most of the games have been played, with the exception of those bastards in Division G, so well done chaps and chapesses. Unless I get requests for reasonable extensions I will admin results on Friday night. I will start rolling other divisions later today so that you can play asap.

Hi, I'd be interested in giving this a go, I would be extremely bad though. Do I just enter my details into the spreadsheet now, or do I wait for this season to end?