Page 279 of 345 FirstFirst ... 179229269277278279280281289329 ... LastLast
Results 5,561 to 5,580 of 6895
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus mrpier's Avatar
    Pro is good with WA, I can recommend it. Instead of being useless 10 turns in a row, you might get away with 7 or 8.

Network Hub
    Near Chicago, IL in the United States of America
    I have a PO/block/MB/guard yhetee on a private league team. While the PO has contributed to a handful of extra casualties, I only took it at the time due to facing 2 back-to-back chaos teams and i wanted to scare them into positioning mistakes (it worked). I was really considering taking SF to go with the guard and making him super roadblock: king of the middle of the pitch!

The reason i'm not so thrilled with PO is his MA4 combined with WA and going prone...if he goes prone, i need a 4+ to stand up, or i need a 2+ WA and can only hit adjacent targets...beyond that, if the first block is a push on my blitz from prone, then i need ANOTHER 2+ roll (with loner) or fall right back over, roll armor, and get a turnover.

but take my advice with a grain of salt....since i'm your next opponent. My general line of thinking for the norse teams that i play is that the berserkers are the stars of the show, and should generally be using your blitzes, while the yhetee moves (half the time) to try to set up good blocks or gets people pushed into him.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus groovychainsaw's Avatar
    My yhetee doesn't even move half the time, doesn't blitz much and doesn't really do a lot at all apart from look scary. That's almost enough as he tends to create a hole that can be exploited. Most people aren't so stupid as to leave someone standing next to him, so even the passive things like guard have limited uses (an assist to zerkers is great, but you have to angle that attack just right to make sure you don't frenzy out of guard range). Stand firm is a good possibility though - I like the idea of getting revenge on failed blocks at least. I'm not sure.

Piling on is a leftfield choice, I'm concious of the bashy nature of the top tier right now and i'm pretty sure my norse will get torn apart without something to redress the odds. Mighty blow, claws and piling on should score an injury on anyone about 21(!)% of the time (after blocking successfully of course...).

Guard is probably more useful from the kickoff, but in open play, making the yhetee a threat to any AV9 killers would be useful. People avoid the yhetee anyway, so you would tend to have to walk (ideally blitz) over to use guard. I'd obivously love pro or block, but neither is an option.

I *could* sack this one and go for another to try and get doubles on the first roll, would at least slim my team down by 200TV.... My soft spot for big guys once again lets me down I fear, I probably should try to do without him as he tends to just stand there looking angry.
    Benevolent dictator of the RPS Blood Bowl Divisions of Death - Join us!

Quote Originally Posted by groovychainsaw View Post
    My yhetee doesn't even move half the time, doesn't blitz much and doesn't really do a lot at all apart from look scary. That's almost enough as he tends to create a hole that can be exploited. Most people aren't so stupid as to leave someone standing next to him, so even the passive things like guard have limited uses (an assist to zerkers is great, but you have to angle that attack just right to make sure you don't frenzy out of guard range). Stand firm is a good possibility though - I like the idea of getting revenge on failed blocks at least. I'm not sure.

Piling on is a leftfield choice, I'm concious of the bashy nature of the top tier right now and i'm pretty sure my norse will get torn apart without something to redress the odds. Mighty blow, claws and piling on should score an injury on anyone about 21(!)% of the time (after blocking successfully of course...).

Guard is probably more useful from the kickoff, but in open play, making the yhetee a threat to any AV9 killers would be useful. People avoid the yhetee anyway, so you would tend to have to walk (ideally blitz) over to use guard. I'd obivously love pro or block, but neither is an option.

I *could* sack this one and go for another to try and get doubles on the first roll, would at least slim my team down by 200TV.... My soft spot for big guys once again lets me down I fear, I probably should try to do without him as he tends to just stand there looking angry.
    Yhetees are my favourite models in the game. They just look cool

Secondary Hivemind Nexus groovychainsaw's Avatar
    They DO look cool. Mine is sporting a nice helmet which appears to be made of bone and copies the other viking helmets, which is cute.
    Benevolent dictator of the RPS Blood Bowl Divisions of Death - Join us!

Lesser Hivemind Node
    My Accurate Kick-Off-Return Thrower levelled up and failed to roll a doubles.

Gave him Block, considering firing him.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alistair Hutton View Post
    My Accurate Kick-Off-Return Thrower levelled up and failed to roll a doubles.

Gave him Block, considering firing him.
    He's probably helpful vs high mv elves who might want to grab the ball on a blitz.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    He's probably helpful vs high mv elves who might want to grab the ball on a blitz.
    Rats are pretty keen on rookie throwers too :)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 20phoenix View Post
    Rats are pretty keen on rookie throwers too :)
    Gutter runners are elves.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Elves with tails and no decency.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mrpier's Avatar
    I won 1-0 over a very distracted chadsexington in Div. 1 today. So we're clear to roll over.

Quote Originally Posted by mrpier View Post
    I won 1-0 over a very distracted chadsexington in Div. 1 today. So we're clear to roll over.
    Yeah, I did not play well. Good dice though. Dunno what is going on but I felt on edge IRL for no reason whatsoever. Was unable to parent and play properly and was just generally distracted.

Not an excuse or whatnot; just don't know whats going on or why I want to punch people. One of those days I suppose.

Despite having 2 bribes and fouling as often as possible, I was never caught (nor hurt anyone).

Unlike when I have NO bribes, where I am caught instantly.

GG mrPier, you deserved the win, no doubt about that.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Everblue View Post
    OK, week rolled on.

Champs - I FILLED IN THE SPREADSHEET WITH GRINN'S WIN AND WAS FILLED WITH RAGE AT THE SAME TIME
    1 - Csex v Mrpier - Extension until Saturday night
    B - CSH v Rotekian - Win for Chainsawhands
    C - Eard v SWG - Extension until Saturday night
    D - Ethel v JClooth - Win for Ethel unless I hear from JClooth by tomorrow night

Everyone else - well done. Good luck in round 2...
    OK, the only outstanding game is Eard v SWG. Nothing on the boards or division thread from SWG, and I appreciate it's technical, but this is a win for Eard.

Yeah, that's fine. It's been a while now and while I'm unable to do anything about it it's still my fault.

Quote Originally Posted by SillyWhiteGuy View Post
    Elves with tails and no decency.
    And poor personal hygiene.

Obscure Node
    Hi stumbled over your nice league and would like to be part of it :)

I hope it ain't a problem that i'm new to Cyanide Online BB, played the Tabletop years ago regular and made myself familiar with the new rulebook (man so many new thing..).

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Hello and welcome! Add your name and team details to the spreadsheet, and we'll fit you in to the next season. I'm afraid the current season has only recently started, and they run for three 10-day "weeks"; it's likely to be about 25 days until the next season starts, but please keep an eye on the thread.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus laneford's Avatar
    In the meantime, try to play some games in the challenge leagueto get yourself up to speed with the game version, and welcome!

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Hey. Really sorry to do this, but I'm here to ask for an extension for Div B. Just until the Monday night, the day after the day should end. We did sort out a time to play right now, but a guy in my city is heading back to America and my only chance to have a few beers with him before he leaves is tonight (because I'll be in the UK when he does leave) And Chainsawhands is on holiday until the Sunday evening. So we can both do the Monday evening (27th) and Chainsaw has been kind enough to postpone for now.

Nuffle is setting me up. Playing against The Brain in Div 1 and getting *great* injury rolls. The Brain is getting all his necessary regen rolls as well to avoid permanent injury.

Then - The Brain's connection drops. <Gasp!>

Match reset and played to a 1-1 tie.

My injury rolls kept coming and the Brain was reduced to 3 players at the end of the game, including some player saving regen rolls.

My rage for this game is the GFI square being invisible when you charge. The extra movement does not display a warning at all, so I blew a turn failing a GFI charge as my first move. Making the hit would have opened up the defense and hopefully allowed me to score.

I'm unwilling to take the entire blame for "poor play" - yes, I should have known I was moving my max movement and charging, but fuck, shouldn't there be a better indicator that dice on the ground? Especially when they're obscured by your hit!

Hopefully in the next release GFI can be displayed like a dodge, perhaps yellow?

Anyway, rage over. GG.
    Last edited by chadsexington; 19-01-2014 at 09:04 PM.