Page 283 of 345 FirstFirst ... 183233273281282283284285293333 ... LastLast
Results 5,641 to 5,660 of 6884
    Lesser Hivemind Node
    And two other Blitzers are MNG (one with a smashed Hip turning him into an expensive Lineman with Block). So once Wulf retires and I replace him I'll have a whole 2 Blitzer with one level up between them for the final game. *Sigh*
    Last edited by Alistair Hutton; 25-01-2014 at 10:19 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    You could give the troll sure hands? With ag2 he could be a ball carrier! Give him break tackle next!

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Leap! To break cages!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus laneford's Avatar
    I've definitely seen a Troll in Fumbbl with AG3 and Leap. Amazed.

Network Hub
    Near Chicago, IL in the United States of America
    I still want to see the AG4, Very Long Legs, Leaping Minotaur....

"Oh you're caged? How quaint.
    http://bbtactics.com/forums/limdoods...-wisdom-t3292/ - My collection of articles on various tactical and strategic concepts in Blood Bowl. Enjoy!

Lesser Hivemind Node cyberpunkdreams's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Limdood View Post
    "Oh you're caged? How quaint."
    ... fails Wild Animal.
    My Arsenal of Democracy AAR: The British Empire
    Seeking alpha testers for a StoryNexus cyberpunk RPG.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Limdood View Post
    I still want to see the AG4, Very Long Legs, Leaping Minotaur....

"Oh you're caged? How quaint.
    I only know I must make this happen someday.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Just a reminder that the week turns over tonight. I can see that there are loads of unplayed games. I have received two (2) requests for extensions so far. Please get in contact asap if an extension is required.

I should mention that my children have been behaving abominably this afternoon and I am in a foul mood. Taking on board the "don't be a wanker" feedback I have received, I would really appreciate it if you could help my blood pressure by making this matchday transition as smooth as possible. Thank you.

Network Hub
    How Original (DaE) played BigC's Wood elves in Div 2 today.

Decided to go for broke and fired my AV7 blodgestepping blitzer and rehire a rookie with money i really didn't have to throw away (still no witches)....the payoff was going from 180 inducements to 220 inducements, which let me walk in with Horkon for a 3 assassin (4 stabs/turn at best) lineup, which really kinda hung everything on the 2d6 rolls for the match, since BigC was missing a blodgestepping catcher, his ST4 lino, and most importantly, his tree, giving him an all AV7 lineup.

Horkon was....useful but underwhelming, as prior to turn 13, my combined assassins team had performed about 19 stabs for 2 stuns and 1 KO. Luckily, despite watching his wood elves sail around the pitch and takedown my ball carrier willy nilly, he was unable to capitalize on the loose balls and my plain old blocking started removing wood elves. In an 11 vs. 12 game, each wood elf off the pitch was a great advantage, and despite underwhleming stabs, i was never down players and usually ahead on players.

The game progressed with BigC recieving first, me pressuring his deep thrower while leaving some sparse protection in my own backfield, and pressuring a turn 3 score. After dropping the ball several times on my own return drive (when i say "dropping" i really mean watching a PITA wardancer slap it free repeatedly) I managed to collect it and run to safety with my new rookie blitzer, placed several players over his downed elves, and ran in a T8 equalizer 1-1 at halftime with dark elves recieving. 1 CAS'd wood elf (the guard lino, whew) and 1 KO meant i started the second half receiving AND up 11 v 9 (with a reserve).

After a tense couple turns where the dark elves failed to make any headway due to keeping enough players on the ballcarrier to make the leap/blitzes harder, disaster finally struck BigC, and he had a loner elf trip and fall dodging away from an assassin (they cause casualties, just not with their butter knives) and CAS himself out. Then my tackle blitzer ran over and CAS'd another elf out immediately afterwards and from there it was pretty hard for him to consider stopping the offensive...

...or so i thought. He still managed 2 more takedowns on my ballcarrier....once knocking it free and recovering it himself, requiring 5 2+ rolls to get a blitz on the tree-hugging jerk, and then after taking his elf down, the ball bounced out of bounds and was thrown far from the sideline, where i had my assassin waiting, who scooped it but couldn't get "safe" and suffered another stand-up blitz from that same elf. This time pure luck saved me as BigC had to make a GFI, 3+ pickup, 2+ dodge, and GFI to snatch the ball and dodge free...and from there only a 4+ pass to scatter launch the ball out of reach and POSSIBLY give him the game! He failed the pickup and my same rookie blitzer snagged the ball to run in the winning score on T16, with too few wood elves to make the 1TTD attempt.

Final score 2-1 for How Original...and if that wasn't bad enough, BigC managed no CAS, 1 Pass, 1 TD, and the MVP went to a loner for him. My CAS were largely wasted on Horkon and loners, but the MVP hit a rookie lineelf, making him 1 SPP from being a member of a rookie-free team (until I get enough to buy a witch...again).

Spreadsheet updated
    http://bbtactics.com/forums/limdoods...-wisdom-t3292/ - My collection of articles on various tactical and strategic concepts in Blood Bowl. Enjoy!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    ...and validated.

Network Hub
    oh hell yeah....ANOTHER AG5 blitzer

2 AG5 blitzers and 1 AG5 assassin...

This team is either going to explode with ability or explode in a brutal casualty mess....whichever happens, it should be spectacular!

Played Janek's scary nurgle in DIV 1. Initial TV difference was ~1560 - 2400 in the favour of the Nurgle.

I grab some extra hobbo's, a cheerleader and coach, then went in for my inducements.

Wizard, chef, extra apoth, babe. I was playing to live.

Game kicks off and Janek gets blitz. I do get two of his four RR's though. Positions his players so I can't make a single double dice block, and most of my moves are dodges. Almost given up already.

I start to play fast and loose, hoping that Nuffle will be impressed with my gusto.

He is! I am landing shots left and right, doing whatever I can to move the ball up, until, I get greedy. Nuffle dislikes greed. I have an opening to pick up the ball and get into a somewhat open position, but elect to try to injure one of his pestigores with a Piling On. Piling on Fails, pestigor gets up, charges ballcarrier, knocks him down and the ball out of bounds. Its tossed back in near my endzone where a rotter is close enough to grab it and score with two GFI.

Half ends with Janek up 1-0. Only real damage is to one of the pestigores, suffering -1AV. Janek has more players in the box at half than I do by a good 3 or 4. Nuffle has been kind, minus that TD to remind me not to be greedy.

Second half starts and my halfling chef is thrown in his stew and eaten by a nearby troll, and is thus unable to steal any TRRs for me.

Second half goes quite like the first, with me landing nearly every shot I need to, knocking players out or injuring them from time to time.

Luck is still with me as I grab the ball and get far enough in the open so that I cannot be caught. I use my wizard to knock down a scary Nurgle Warrior that had a dwarf pinned by himself.

Game is winding down waiting for me to score. A meaningless T16 block against my L5 Centaur turned out fatal when our two resident apothecaries determined that his head was not, in fact, supposed to face that way. The apothecary staff was then thrown into the stew.

1 - 1 Beasts of Bembridge vs 50 Shades of beard

Nuffle was kind to me, but at what cost?

Activated Node
    In division B, Rotekian and I have yet to play our game and I would like to ask for an extension till tomorrow (Monday) night please. I posted up a message in the group discussion board earlier this week, but as yet have had no reply. I've just sent a Steam PM to Rotekian in the hope that he'll be free tomorrow night. The other match in division B between Gorm and ChainsawHands is already being extended until tomorrow night, so this shouldn't slow things up at all.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Cheers AgP. Due to unforeseen circumstances (me falling asleep) I didn't roll the divisions on anyway yesterday. Monday is fine.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Christ, it's quiet on here today.

OK *cough* - I think that fouling is acceptable even on turn 16 and once I did a turn 17 foul too.

Discuss.

Lesser Hivemind Node cyberpunkdreams's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Everblue View Post
    ... once I did a turn 17 foul too.
    Trap for young players. T18 is best.

[I once had a vs AI match that got up to T30 or something mad... it was a play-off match that goes into overtime in the case of a draw.]
    My Arsenal of Democracy AAR: The British Empire
    Seeking alpha testers for a StoryNexus cyberpunk RPG.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    My "turn 17" foul was in a normal league game where I had already taken my T16 and scored, and it was just left for my opponent to take a single turn. I rolled a blitz on the kickoff, knocked one of his dudes over and gangfouled him.

Are there bonus points for a T16 foul, scoring and then rolling a Riot and another T16 foul?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shards View Post
    Are there bonus points for a T16 foul, scoring and then rolling a Riot and another T16 foul?
    Only after the third 16 foul, then you win at Bloodblowl and ascend to Nuffles right hand.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Network Hub
    yep, you need to foul during your 1TTD attempt.

As an aside, its one of the perks of running with assassins. Those 2d greed blocks before running in a TD have cost me wins/draws before....now i can make them with no risk of turnover at all! I'm just waiting for one of the stabs to kill a superstar player or something right before a T16 score.