Page 299 of 372 FirstFirst ... 199249289297298299300301309349 ... LastLast
Results 5,961 to 5,980 of 7440
    It's division G, you're correct NoZof.

I think Everblue might've been confused by the fact that my filler Skaven team aren't showing in the division H table for some reason, despite appearing in the fixtures and results.
    I occasionally write things on this website. You can read these things by clicking this thing:
    www.teamsao.com

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Division G started and fixtures fixed. Cheers all!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Everblue View Post
    You were staggeringly unlucky and deserved to win.
    Thanks. And I just remembered how you scored on Turn 8 too, that was the worst!

Also I bet a couple of former opponents would like to note that one of the slain linemen was Ellos Despos, one of my originals and the irritating elf with Block, Dodge, Side Step, Guard and nearly a dozen MVPs to his greedy name.

Yup. The final Guard Bastard is dead. He will be missed. By me only.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    With no tackle your blodgestep DT blitzers were really hard to deal with.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus laneford's Avatar
    Division G started and fixtures fixed. Cheers all!
    Alas I am skiing (or falling off a mountain) for a week. Back on Saturday if that's not post deadline.

Have fun Bowling all.

So, first match back for my High Elves, and it starts very much as I remember it ending - with Graevers Necromantic team smashing my players about the pitch for most of the game, very nearly permanently damaging my star blitzer (i.e. the only guy on the team that usually stays on his feet), and pushing me about. That war of attrition, coupled with some poor tactics on my part, led to conceding a neatly played goal in the first half.

Fluke and bad luck for Graever allowed me to get back into the game and score just before half time with a quick TD, but the while the second half began a little stronger for me, again, I suddenly found myself short of men and had no answer when faced with a tough hitting opposition. Graever scored towards the end of the half and the game was essentially over at 2-1 to Graever.

Anyway, fun game, had been a while since I last played, and took me a bit of time to get my head around everything again. Looking forward to the next one, after that baptism of fire!
    Please feel free to visit my Deviant Art page.

Lesser Hivemind Node cyberpunkdreams's Avatar
    So the Bombers wuz robbed yet again: 2-1 to Brain's Necromantic in Div A. Great match though, which came pretty close! Validation appreciated.
    My Arsenal of Democracy AAR: The British Empire
    Seeking alpha testers for a StoryNexus cyberpunk RPG.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Champions' Division Update

Brutal game between President Weasel's chaos team and Janek's terrifying nurgle mans ends 1-0 to the nurgles. Weasel's league hopes in tatters after almost entire team KO'd; one high level nurgle warrior killed as consolation.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Validated all outstanding matches except for H. Remember to fill the sheet in.

Meanwhile in the Championships, the Beasts faced a tough match in the form of President Weasel's Red Skull Reavers. While the Nurglites had the guard advantage, Weasel had two dreaded ClawPOMB players at his disposal, in addition to the induced wizard and Grashnakh Blackhoof.

The first half was fairly balanced, with the death of experienced Nurgle Warrior Knife Teeth at the hands of Grashnakh, in exchange for several key KO's - notably two of Pres' three guards. DP fouls also rained down upon the chaos men, though largely ineffectually, bar forcing the apothecary into action on a ClawPOMB Beastman. Scoreless at half time.

Weasel's guards stayed out, so despite him receiving in the second half, the tide turned significantly. Unable to secure enough assists, the chaosmen were overwhelmed, with one after another being sent to the KO box. This was exacerbated by the continued sniping DP fouls, which didn't bring disciplinary action until turn 14 - far too late. With nine players KO'd, the Beasts were able to comfortably stroll to a 1-0 victory.

Sad to lose the ever-reliable Knife Teeth, but I got the points and left Weasel's team entirely intact to beat the snot out of the rest of the division. That'll do me.

Quote Originally Posted by Janek View Post
    Validated all outstanding matches except for H. Remember to fill the sheet in.
    The sheet has been filled in for both games in div H, but we had to enter them into day 2 since as Everblue mentioned above:

Division H has been started. Please note that for division H the Cyanide fixtures do not match the spreadsheet fixtures for various reasons. Division H coaches should check Cyanide for their fixtures this season, not the spreadsheet.
    So could we get a validate please? Ta muchly.
    I occasionally write things on this website. You can read these things by clicking this thing:
    www.teamsao.com

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Ahaaa. How confusing. Done.

Obscure Node
    First Match in the RPS League Division G Pigsty Hill Pork Packers vs Barad Dur Hobbit Maimers (Orc vs Orc).
    One of the best Games i ever had! With a bit luck on the dice on my side and misfortune on his side i managed to make nearly every drive work and overrun him 4:0.

Was a real fun match, at least for me, sry again for the bumpy start into the league only one small thing how can i aquire write permission to the Division G subboard ? thx4info

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Division B
    Altdorf Army 2 - 1 Ratscallions

A brutal match where more injuries than stuns were rolled. The game started with the Army forming a perfect 8 turn drive melting Skaven off the pitch and running in on turn 8.

The Ratscallions then scored a TD at the start of the second half which we will not talk about.

The Army then received and ground down to score on turn 15, the Grab Blitzer once again being vital in manipulating the sidelines - and the freshly minted Dirty Player Lineman sticking the boot in on the Rat Ogre at a crucial moment.
    The dirty rats had a chance at a one turner but a double Skull at an unfortunate moment put paid to the plan.
    Great match but the 350 difference in TV was just too much for the tiny squeaky men.

Level ups a plenty for both sides.

Quote Originally Posted by President Weasel View Post
    Champions' Division Update

Brutal game between President Weasel's chaos team and Janek's terrifying nurgle mans ends 1-0 to the nurgles. Weasel's league hopes in tatters after almost entire team KO'd; one high level nurgle warrior killed as consolation.
    Missing me already?

Also, Jclooth has not replied to me in the groups and missed one scheduled game time already. Which is okay, because I don't think he actually saw the message.

Jclooth, we have a game to play friend.

Quote Originally Posted by SillyWhiteGuy View Post
    Also, Jclooth has not replied to me in the groups and missed one scheduled game time already. Which is okay, because I don't think he actually saw the message.

Jclooth, we have a game to play friend.
    well he's currently online on Steam, that strikes me as a good alternate

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Shards View Post
    well he's currently online on Steam, that strikes me as a good alternate
    As an aside, and tihs is not directed at you, I get pretty frustrated at the "contact me on Steam" approach to organising matches. It relies on the two parties being online at the same time, which is fine if they can hang out on Steam all day, it sucks if you have non-syncing schedules or don't have the opportunity to be at your computer all evening waiting for the "X has come online message".

The Community Groups not being "real time" is a feature not a bug.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    My Nurgle mobility doctrine is frustrating to opponents, its worse when my nurgle warriors happily catch the ball and jump up wrestle about the pitch. I know that my slow and steady play kinda sucked the fun out of things for shard who just couldn't catch a break, until he did, but by then it was too late, I was leading 2-1, turn 16 and I was receiving so it was just an exercise in trying to get 3Die blocks by me and fouling until the whistle blew, of the 5 kick off events, all 5 favoured me I win toss and receive Reroll, Blitz after I score, his drive I roll Perfect defence, he scores then I score and perfect defence again, ...I forget the 5th, but it was something that favoured me.

Medical Drama 2 - 1 Hell is Other People

The jump up warriors are much harder to ignore than those without despite the jumpers cracking less skulls, but i rolled a cluster of level ups. My 2 warriors with block rolled +MV/AV one was 5+5(so a double too) the other 4+6, also a reg on a blockpest and a reg rotter.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Thing is, I can't really be on steam as much as I'd like. And also usually when most people are online blood-bowl-wise I'm asleep. Unless I've arranged to be otherwise. Hence posting in the groups.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ChainsawHands's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alistair Hutton View Post
    The Community Groups not being "real time" is a feature not a bug.
    Al is 100% right on this. Further, it doesn't matter if you've been on Steam 24/7 waiting for your opponent for the full 10 days, if they've taken the few seconds to post in the group, they'll get the admin win.