Page 300 of 365 FirstFirst ... 200250290298299300301302310350 ... LastLast
Results 5,981 to 6,000 of 7293
    I don't care too much for the admin win, (though I will not pass it up in some sort of noble gesture, spp yes yes) I would much rather play my games. 1. because I joined a blood bowl league to play blood bowl (shocking i know) and 2. because I would like to injure something. For the extra spp, but also for the rush it brings.

EDIT: For the record, I have just now messaged Jclooth on steam as well.
    Last edited by SillyWhiteGuy; 19-02-2014 at 12:10 PM.

Hi,

Entirely agree about the use of the groups. Was just trying to be helpful as I could see that JClooth was online at the time.

Also, my apologies to Helio for being a grumpy SOB during our game last night. That's my third 2-1 loss to his Nurgle in consecutive seasons and my Elves just don't seem to be evolving into anything remotely fun at the moment. This saddens me.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shards View Post
    That's my third 2-1 loss to his Nurgle in consecutive seasons and my Elves just don't seem to be evolving into anything remotely fun at the moment. This saddens me.
    To be fair, after match after match of being defeated by magnificent Elven BS I tried playing as pro elves, learned a little of their nature. My nurgle are the nearest thing to a hard counter that elves have, nothing as defined as dwarves taking apart zons, but still harrowing.

Jump up really is transforming the team earning it on my third warrior(and 1 pest) completely flips their nature, no longer a cow in the field to be tipped over and ignored they are mobile if left unmarked or dangerous while marked. They could always die or be retired and lose the team this peculiarity but I'm enjoying the ride for now.
    Last edited by Heliocentric; 19-02-2014 at 01:41 PM.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

I had to abandon a game vs Rotekian due to a sickly child interrupting play. Shame really as Eldril was working well, there were some unlikely snake eyes for both of us and it was shaping up to be an excellent elf fest.

Can an we get a reset and we can reschedule, otherwise happy to concede.

Quote Originally Posted by Ethelred View Post
    I had to abandon a game vs Rotekian due to a sickly child interrupting play.
    I recommend an intensive course of steroids, weight lifting and loud Nu Metal... No no no, not for the child, for you. You'll be roiding so hard you'll merrily ignore your offspring even if they cry loud enough to be heard you won't care. Just got to go people from social services are banging on the door.

Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    I recommend an intensive course of steroids, weight lifting and loud Nu Metal...
    Nu Metal? You monster!

I recommend an intensive course of steroids, weight lifting and loud Nu Metal... No no no, not for the child, for you. You'll be roiding so hard you'll merrily ignore your offspring even if they cry loud enough to be heard you won't care. Just got to go people from social services are banging on the door.
    I've got Soft Metal - It ain't heavy on cassette somewhere, will that do?

Quote Originally Posted by Ethelred View Post
    I've got Soft Metal - It ain't heavy on cassette somewhere, will that do?
    You'll probably need 50-75% more steroids.

Just to alert any admins who are confused. In Div E me and SWG started our game, got to turn 4 and then real life dragged SWG away from the keyboard and we both ALT+F4'd the game to retry another day. My understanding is no admins will need to interfere for us to subsequently replay.

Just to alert any admins who are confused. In Div E me and SWG started our game, got to turn 4 and then real life dragged SWG away from the keyboard and we both ALT+F4'd the game to retry another day. My understanding is no admins will need to interfere for us to subsequently replay.
    Real life and poor time management skills. The combination is a killer, so I'm told.

The Medical Drama's season of contempt continues.

Hot off the heels of ruining a match for their opponents with obstruction and encagement the MD's were freshly equipped with 2 new guards to hold the line against the hordes of dead men SWG was coaching.

The 3 jump up warriors well used the guard assists and took the opening drive dragging mummies to the ground and beating back the zombies. the ball easily collected after the deep kick and an AG4,MV7 jump up Wight was fouled to a knockout while the ref polished his monocle. Ghouls SWG's were mindfully kept out of harms way but I targeted his ghouls for blitzes regardless risking the odd Gfi, the ball was loosely caged by the MD's. The 4 warriors did their best to suppress the mummies command of the pitch and as mark after mark is removed from the pestigor ball carrier, occasionally he is toppled and a different picks up the ball and steadily moves down the pitch, by turn 6 the wall of diseased meats get the ball to the endzone and the Dramas score.

The second half started with a short kick landing in zombies hands despite 5 disturbing presences (natural 6) was handed off to the finally awoken Wight who gfi'd down the wing. A block less prestigor blitzed him down and a squabble between prestigors and the 2 ghouls (one st4) rolled down the pitch towards a second nurgle touchdown, but the mighty steroid enhanced ghoul managed what must have been his 12th dodge to blitz the ball carrier into the outer column, the ball failing to fall off the pitch and the ghoul willingly collected it leaving him on the wing. A pestigor chanced a gfi to blitz and surf the uber-ghoul, the crowd obligingly killed the player and then another block killed the other ghoul moments later.

In turn 16 I did nothing but score, another game, another opponent frustrated, this time at the death of a precious +ST, I assume I'll somehow cause genuine physical harm on week 3 by way of escalation.
    Last edited by Heliocentric; 22-02-2014 at 09:18 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Week one ends tomorrow

Matches still to play:

Champs: Limdood versus 20Phoenix (scheduled for Sunday)
    Div2: Wink versus Grinn
    DivB: Smaug versus BigC
    DivC: Rotekian versus Ethelred
    DivD: Joose versus JoeyJoJo
    DivG: Laneford versus Optimus (loosely scheduled for this weekend, by the looks of the sheet)
    DivH: all matches

Remember 23rd Feb is the day all matches should be played by, not the day to suddenly start trying to schedule and asking for extensions that hold up the matches for the following week. Anyone confused as to when each week's deadline is can find it on the "fixtures and results" tab of the spreadsheet. Every 'week' in the DoD lasts ten days and has at least one weekend, so there's really no excuse for consistently missing deadlines (although the odd nightmarish week or intractable scheduling conflict can always happen; life's not always smooth).

If you're going to need an extension, please post here and also in the group thread for your division, as that's where the admins will look when they're adminning the results.

Lesser Hivemind Node cyberpunkdreams's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by President Weasel View Post
    ...life's not always smooth.
    That depends on how sweet your moves are ;).
    My Arsenal of Democracy AAR: The British Empire
    Seeking alpha testers for a StoryNexus cyberpunk RPG.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LowKey's Avatar
    Week one ends tomorrow

Matches still to play:

DivH: all matches
    nope, spreadsheet is wrong so we have played our games in week 2

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Yes, confirmed, I buggered up division H. We go by in-game fixtures this season, not the spreadsheet fixtures. All the division H week 1 games have been played, albeit that the spreadsheet for some reason does not like Frenz0rz. I understand that though.

An overheating laptop saw my first effort at a game versus Limdood disappear which was a shame as it was half time, I was 1-0 up, Horkon had lasted two turns, the wizard had been burnt, the dirty player sent off and I was due to receive. Balls.

The second attempt started much better for Lim with the dark elves scoring in turn 5 having fouled out the killer. A turn 8 equaliser followed but with the wizard still around it was all to play for. The very last block of the half saw Horkon KO's and despite the presence of a babe that was him done for the game. Lim's AG5 blitzer caused me no end of problems, threatening the ball from the kick off and turning it over which prompted a scuffle inside my half for a few turns. About turn 10 1's started appearing regularly for Lim and despite clearing the ball a couple of time the elves couldnt pick it up and the rats took advantage to grab it. Another 1 on the wizard made things tricky for Lim and despite taking the carrier down again he couldnt secure the ball and it disappeared off into his half next turn where the rats stalled out until turn 16. A very tough one turner attempt didnt get very far so the season starts with a win for the defending champs.

The rest of the division can thank me for allowing his ag5 assassin to get enough SPP to get leap.
    Global Warping (Skaven) - RPS Divisions of Death Champions Seasons 34-36

Secondary Hivemind Nexus laneford's Avatar
    Week one ends tomorrow

Matches still to play:

DivG: Laneford versus Optimus (loosely scheduled for this weekend, by the looks of the sheet)
    I posted above, (holiday) but if necessary please still give Optimus the win as it's my fault.

(Also Div G started late)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Have you been able to schedule a game yet Laneford? No problem with an extension in this instance, if you've got a date.

Div H, my apologies for the misunderstanding. You're good.

The Medical Drama's season of contempt continues.
    Shards, sorry mate but this loss hurts, and you're elves. I think you know what that means.

Quote Originally Posted by SillyWhiteGuy View Post
    Shards, sorry mate but this loss hurts, and you're elves. I think you know what that means.
    Jcloth gets to murder me first