Page 301 of 322 FirstFirst ... 201251291299300301302303311 ... LastLast
Results 6,001 to 6,020 of 6430
    Activated Node
    Near Chicago, IL in the United States of America
    ugh, what a depressing game.....it was a fantastic, great game with everything to play for up until turn 10, when suddenly nothing I did could possibly succeed. popped the ball free no less than 3 times against the skaven offense, but a snake-eyes pickup on an otherwise sure go-ahead TD (2+ pickup, 2+ handoff, score...with reroll in hand), followed by a fizzled wizard and me STILL managing to pop the ball free, roll a 1 on the dodge free, use last TRR and roll a 3rd 1 on the pickup (in a row) and it was all over....a loose ball on the ground vs. that skaven team is insurmountable.
    http://bbtactics.com/forums/limdoods...-wisdom-t3292/ - My collection of articles on various tactical and strategic concepts in Blood Bowl. Enjoy!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shards View Post
    Jcloth gets to murder me first
    SWG... Bring a bucket to day 3.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus laneford's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by President Weasel View Post
    Have you been able to schedule a game yet Laneford? No problem with an extension in this instance, if you've got a date.

Div H, my apologies for the misunderstanding. You're good.
    We're going to play Monday evening, if that's ok.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    No problem, have a fun game.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Week one ends tomorrow

Matches still to play:

Champs: Limdood versus 20Phoenix (scheduled for Sunday)
    Div2: Wink versus Grinn
    DivB: Smaug versus BigC
    DivC: Rotekian versus Ethelred
    DivD: Joose versus JoeyJoJo
    DivG: Laneford versus Optimus (loosely scheduled for this weekend, by the looks of the sheet)
    DivH: all matches
    Rolled on Champs, 1, A, B, D, E, F, H. Remaining matches are:

Div2: Wink versus Grinn - Looks like an admin win for Grinn unless it's rescheduled quickly
    DivC: Rotekian versus Ethelred - At present showing 3-1 to Rotekian. I am minded to leave it like that unless the players would like to reschedule.
    DivG: Laneford versus Optimus

Thanks all!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Vexing Vision's Avatar
    Rumpel's Chaospeople thrashed my Khemri to skeletty bits (including beheading one of my Blitz-Ras who thankfully had a spare head).

While my Mummies had a minor advantage on block dice (with Rumpel Turning Over occasionally), two Blitzed, a Perfect Defense and all of the armor and armor break rolls made very short and very decisive work of the match in Rumpel's favour.
    My games-related Twitter: VexingVision

Currently playing: Hearthstone; Blood Bowl; Wizardry 8; Dominions 4
    Currently waiting for: Wildstar; Darkest Dungeon

I'm happy to leave it at 3-1 - I don't think I'll be able to reschedule soon.

Hello everyone. I'm new to the PC blood bowl and would very much like to join a league. I've played the tabletop game for years but I'm excited to get some competition outside my group of friends.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    3 Level Ups, no doubles. Woe, woe is me.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by KryptonPhantom View Post
    Hello everyone. I'm new to the PC blood bowl and would very much like to join a league. I've played the tabletop game for years but I'm excited to get some competition outside my group of friends.
    Hello!

We have about 3 weeks to run in this season, so please add your name to the spreadsheet and keep an eye on the thread in mid-March when we'll be posting divisions etc for next season.

Cheers

EB

DivG
    Laneford versus Optimus
    Clockworked Oranges versus Blazin 420s - 0 : 1

My majestically mediocre humans have managed to eek out a 1:0 win vs the Necromantic hordes of Laneford. It was a bash match that would make old Nuffle proud, with 2 dead and several injured. Helped by the streak of bad luck my opponent had in the second half of the game, with his MVP Ghoul failing a simple dodge and getting his neck broken afterwards with the aid of a friendly ogre, one of my simpleminded lineman managed to grab the ball and run it to the endzone in the last minutes of the game.
    Burning through the re-rolls too quickly certinly didn't help my opponent very much either. It's still was a hard fought game.

All in all it was a great first experience in a BB League, a fun match, and Laneford was very sportsmanlike and a friendly chap.

Thanks for the game :]

p.s.

Is there anything I should do in-game to validate the match, or is this it?
    Last edited by OpT1mUs; 24-02-2014 at 08:57 PM.

Looks like division D failed to roll over, wondering if we can get it bumped soonish for Joose and I to get game in tonight

Lesser Hivemind Node
    2: Adminned to Grinn and rolled on.
    C: Validated the 3-1 and rolled on.
    D: Rolled on.
    G: Validated and rolled on.

Also validated Vex vs Rumpel in Division H, which I'm going to go ahead and call The Crazy Group on account of the spreadsheet madness.

There are games where you play like a god and have nothing to show for it. There are games where you would have played better blindfolded, drunk and getting a swordfish-esque blowie. My match against Weasel was mostly the latter but who needs to play well when you can roll dice like a god.

Wasted my wizard on an opening that wasn't there thanks to not checking for guard. Chaos walk it over easily enough. One turn attempt nearly scuppered by pitch invasion.....but.....I have my one brainwave turn of the match and manage to pull it off. Attempt to draw out the next score failed as players began to leave the field and was getting boxed in. One turner leaps to score. 5 turns left for Weasel to get a draw. Blitz. Kicks too deep but ball is under pressure. 2D against from wrestle gutter rolls double both down. Big hand gutter on hand to score 3-1. Final Chaos attempt fails after a 1d blitz knocks over ST5 warrior and Jumbce Creep refuses to go down. Chaos fail to maim. Final score 3-1.

Not my best day at the office but nuffle had my back apparently.
    Global Warping (Skaven) - RPS Divisions of Death Champions Seasons 34-36

Couldn't have asked for a better game against Joose's Ogres. Only one badly hurt saurus and no damaged skinks despite taking too many hits, both TDs scored by saurus, and bash-a-snottling was a smashing success in a 2-0 victory. I have no idea how Joose doesn't flip tables over trying to play that team, about the time he'd get anything going cue a bonehead, gfi 1 reroll 1 (twice!), etc.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 20phoenix View Post
    There are games where you play like a god and have nothing to show for it. There are games where you would have played better blindfolded, drunk and getting a swordfish-esque blowie. My match against Weasel was mostly the latter but who needs to play well when you can roll dice like a god.

Wasted my wizard on an opening that wasn't there thanks to not checking for guard. Chaos walk it over easily enough. One turn attempt nearly scuppered by pitch invasion.....but.....I have my one brainwave turn of the match and manage to pull it off. Attempt to draw out the next score failed as players began to leave the field and was getting boxed in. One turner leaps to score. 5 turns left for Weasel to get a draw. Blitz. Kicks too deep but ball is under pressure. 2D against from wrestle gutter rolls double both down. Big hand gutter on hand to score 3-1. Final Chaos attempt fails after a 1d blitz knocks over ST5 warrior and Jumbce Creep refuses to go down. Chaos fail to maim. Final score 3-1.

Not my best day at the office but nuffle had my back apparently.
    I've had better games. Not sure I did much wrong to be honest, I just didn't get the injury rolls I needed, and 20P had some fairly cheesy dice.
    That's me inevitably relegated from the Champs, so I think I'll put the Reavers in storage at the end of the season and take a break from blood bowl.
    Last edited by President Weasel; 25-02-2014 at 12:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Janek View Post
    Also validated Vex vs Rumpel in Division H, which I'm going to go ahead and call The Crazy Group on account of the spreadsheet madness.
    The Crazy Group can be hired for weddings bahmitsfers and funerals.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    That's me inevitably relegated from the Champs, so I think I'll put the Reavers in storage at the end of the season and take a break from blood bowl.
    Man it seems a lot of folks are winding down lately!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Vexing Vision's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rumpel View Post
    The Crazy Group can be hired for weddings bahmitsfers and funerals.
    250px-BundaliniTravelingMusician.jpg

Division H's All Skeleton Band With Beastman.
    My games-related Twitter: VexingVision

Currently playing: Hearthstone; Blood Bowl; Wizardry 8; Dominions 4
    Currently waiting for: Wildstar; Darkest Dungeon

Lesser Hivemind Node cyberpunkdreams's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Screwie View Post
    Man it seems a lot of folks are winding down lately!
    I ain't quitting until the Bombers have won the DoD... even if it's only because they're the last team left. In fact, if the league closes before they've won, I'm declaring a moral victory!
    My Arsenal of Democracy AAR: The British Empire
    Seeking alpha testers for a StoryNexus cyberpunk RPG.