Page 302 of 372 FirstFirst ... 202252292300301302303304312352 ... LastLast
Results 6,021 to 6,040 of 7433
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus ChainsawHands's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by President Weasel View Post
    I've had better games. Not sure I did much wrong to be honest, I just didn't get the injury rolls I needed, and 20P had some fairly cheesy dice.
    That's me inevitably relegated from the Champs, so I think I'll put the Reavers in storage at the end of the season and take a break from blood bowl.
    Down with this sort of thing!

Obscure Node
    hi Optimus, i send you a friend invite via steam so we could manage your next game in div g. apart Friday I'm nearly all time available...

A Divisions of Death without a falsely elected President? The inevitable power vacuum left behind will cause anarchy! The masses will riot!
    Global Warping (Skaven) - RPS Divisions of Death Champions Seasons 34-36

Network Hub
    Near Chicago, IL in the United States of America
    PW, there's always the chance I beat Janek, You beat me, and 20p beats Janek, leaving 20p with 3-0-0 and everyone else with 1-2-0 and have it go to CAS/Diff
    http://bbtactics.com/forums/limdoods...-wisdom-t3292/ - My collection of articles on various tactical and strategic concepts in Blood Bowl. Enjoy!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus groovychainsaw's Avatar
    Don't go president - if you get demoted, there's every chance you can face my lovely squishy norsemen!

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Looks to be a title decider for me against 20phoenix, due to the most ones I've ever seen in one half letting me stroll to a 3-0 victory over Limdood.

Silver lining for the elves is the damage was limited to one MNG on a rookie assassin. Still a miserable afternoon of Blood Bowl I should imagine.

I'm left with a stressful week or two, with the potential for a Divisions/Open double. Don't choke don't choke don't choke.

Also: Validated a couple matches in D and H, so there you go if you're awaiting skills.
    Last edited by Janek; 26-02-2014 at 11:50 PM.

Network Hub
    Near Chicago, IL in the United States of America
    yeah, it seems my first excursion into the Champs division is getting decided on dice this time, fizzled wizard in both matches and key snake-eyes galore.

The only good notes, are, as Janek points out, so far no permanent damage to the team, and my blitzer continues the trend of rolling ones to get snake-eyes on his level up, giving the team it's first double, and first MB.
    http://bbtactics.com/forums/limdoods...-wisdom-t3292/ - My collection of articles on various tactical and strategic concepts in Blood Bowl. Enjoy!

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Everblue View Post
    Rolled on Champs, 1, A, B, D, E, F, H. Remaining matches are:

Div2: Wink versus Grinn - Looks like an admin win for Grinn unless it's rescheduled quickly
    WTF? :-) As if I wasn't able to play at all?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I'm very sorry Wink but it's a bit late now - 3 days after the end of the week. We made multiple posts about which way the game was going to be adminned so I cannot believe that this result is a surprise to you.

I can not see that you posted any availability whatsoever in the D2 thread - your posts are all about the times you cannot do, and that was why you got the result adminned against you. Even so, if you think that we admins were wrong in our decision then the time to make that protest was on the 24th. I don't understand why, if you wanted an unplayed game adminned as a draw or in your favour, you did not check the thread to make sure that was our intention - we always try to be open about our intentions to give people the chance to argue if they don't like the decision.

I'm sorry if you are unhappy, and can only say please please check the thread regularly to make sure that you get a chance to protest something like this if you don't like it.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wink5000 View Post
    WTF? :-) As if I wasn't able to play at all?
    I'll assume that you are new to this*, if you are not I apologise but names with a word and a number are hard for me to remember.

Regardless, posting in the mini-board( http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/foru....php?groupid=4 ) is the only effort of arrangement which is recognised by the administration (unless the other player advocates I guess).

Most leagues on RPS take a fairly strict line on chedueling, dont worry about the default, each season is only 3 days long and an admin lose doesn't really take anything away from you (except curing and MNG's you have).

If you have made apparent efforts kindly indicate them and you'll be treated appropriately.

*not new, just remembered, tired.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus laneford's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OpT1mUs View Post
    DivG
    Laneford versus Optimus
    Clockworked Oranges versus Blazin 420s - 0 : 1

My majestically mediocre humans have managed to eek out a 1:0 win vs the Necromantic hordes of Laneford. It was a bash match that would make old Nuffle proud, with 2 dead and several injured. Helped by the streak of bad luck my opponent had in the second half of the game, with his MVP Ghoul failing a simple dodge and getting his neck broken afterwards with the aid of a friendly ogre, one of my simpleminded lineman managed to grab the ball and run it to the endzone in the last minutes of the game.
    Burning through the re-rolls too quickly certinly didn't help my opponent very much either. It's still was a hard fought game.

All in all it was a great first experience in a BB League, a fun match, and Laneford was very sportsmanlike and a friendly chap.

Thanks for the game :]

p.s.

Is there anything I should do in-game to validate the match, or is this it?
    Whilst I'm very glad to give Optimus a friendly first game, I feel my team took 'be nice to the new boy' to another dimension. A dead wolf, a -AG ghoul, and a dead zombie, means this team are still winless after four games, and are about to be summarily binned at the end of the season.

Useless.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Alert! Alert! Apparent graphics card failure, likely to be unavailable until it's fixed or replaced.

Obscure Node
    Another volunteer here for a thorough Nuffling. I'm mostly an MP rookie though have played a few fumbbl games recently to sharpen up.

Most importantly, getting thrashed and getting multiple BH's now make me less likely to adopt the foetal position and cry in the corner.

Lesser Hivemind Node cyberpunkdreams's Avatar
    Another game, another Nuffling; the Bombers lose 3-1 against Cheese It!!!! in a game where Gorm proved his comprehensive ability to roll good dice and I proved my comprehensive ability to roll bad dice. After a strong start that came close to a defensive TD it all went to pants, then the wizard completely fizzled.

A good opportunity in the second half was destroyed by quad skulls. (20% turnovers from blocks in total. But hey, I play goblins right, so what do I expect? Other teams aren't affected by that risk. Gorm got 2%.) Oh, and my first ever block chainsaw died during his first match - twice, the second time permanently. I even got up early for this bullshit.
    My Arsenal of Democracy AAR: The British Empire
    Seeking alpha testers for a StoryNexus cyberpunk RPG.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    They call me Mr One Turn Touchdown.

The devision D game between myself and frenzor is over....I got absolutely wrecked....hate this game

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Joeyjojojuniorshabadoo View Post
    I got absolutely wrecked....hate this game
    In this instance hate is not the opposite of love though, its just it's ugly mask. Tough it out, there is light in there. Maybe start* fouling elves.

*substitute start for one of the following as appropriate
    • write a blog about
    • commit blood sacrifices before matches and continue
    • name your first born
    • play bloodbowl tabletop and get into fist fights because your opponents hate when you are

I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Damn it, want to watch my opponents play Blood Bowl but can't connect to their game. Grrrr.

Just to note that Grinn is off to the states for three weeks so I've rolled div 2 on to day 3 to let us get a game in before that. Of course he came online in Steam, said "love is blind can you see my desire?" and then immediately went offline, so we'll see if that actually happens...

Can't delete a duplicate post ten characters.