Page 304 of 366 FirstFirst ... 204254294302303304305306314354 ... LastLast
Results 6,061 to 6,080 of 7308
    Quote Originally Posted by Everblue View Post
    Everyone therefore gets an extension until tomorrow, whereupon I will admin all results to losses in an arbitrary and unfair way.
    If you're going to admin people thurs night, can you please admin a tie between myself and screwie? We will not be able to attempt a meeting until Friday at the earliest.

Quote Originally Posted by mrpier View Post
    I'm sure we can arrange something with the acid bricks if you want?
    It might calm me down somewhat, so yes. If you don't mind.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by chadsexington View Post
    If you're going to admin people thurs night, can you please admin a tie between myself and screwie? We will not be able to attempt a meeting until Friday at the earliest.
    I'm prepared to let Div 1 run to Friday if you can get a game in then. Is there a chance?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    We can try, but really we have delayed the league enough already.

(If you're hoping I take out some problematic Chaos Dwarfs before you have to face them yourself, well if you just look back to our Day 1 match and I think you will figure out why that probably won't happen :) )

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    OK, well up to you. I'll admin a draw if you like.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ChainsawHands's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    Block would keep that poor bastard safe. But likely? He'll die next match anyway.
    I played pro elf for 23 seasons, I'm long over the "AV7? Instant death!" thing.

Is there an article somewhere on how to play Elf/agility teams properly? I'm too used to Agi 3 Humans that when I try playing an Elf team I just play them the same way as humans which isn't really ideal...

The little green guy knows:
    unlearn.jpg

Actually Kirk might have said it best: "risk... is our! business!" returntotomorrow_207.jpg

I found my elf play improved immensely when I stopped trying to go for sensible safe plays and just went for the crazy high risk stuff. On defence I felt that any turn where I hadn't leaped into a cage was a turn wasted.

Generally you want to be screening his cage off with pairs of elfs one in front of the other, then dodging back a square next turn to slow him up and force him to roll dice. Any time you can force a mistake and get him to expose his ball carrier, or even better drop the ball, you should be looking to take advantage of that to score. Which you can probably do in a turn or two, because elves.

Offence is straightforward, the typical play is thrower hangs back with the ball and a loose screen in front of him, catchers flood the enemy back field, then either pass + score or pass handoff score.

BBTactics has a few articles on caging and the 2-1 grind that are useful, but I'm not sure where you'd get an elf-focussed article.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    This is Limdood's typically modest take on all things BB :)

http://bbtactics.com/forums/limdoods...-wisdom-t3292/

(Just kidding Limdood, I love you man)

Being a total Newbie to coaching elves as well, I agree that it's rather a mind-job. I keep wanting to play them as Norse that can actually dodge. This is not winning me games.

I don't mind defence, that makes sense to me (stall, stall, stall) up until the point where I should stop stalling and flood the cage. It's getting into my head that, whilst I'm on offence, my opponent is trying to defend against elves and that I can split their team up into A. Marking my catchers B. Bashing my line/screen C. Chasing my Thrower. This leaves holes and what better race than Elves to exploit them!

I would like to stop playing against Helio's Nurgle though, they're quite tiresome to break through and get men into the backfield and he has v good safeties in those Pests.

Network Hub
    Near Chicago, IL in the United States of America
    My work laptop absolutely hates typing in this forum, but I do have some info for playing keepaway somewhere in the nuggets thread linked in my sig. If not, I probably will by the end of the week.
    http://bbtactics.com/forums/limdoods...-wisdom-t3292/ - My collection of articles on various tactical and strategic concepts in Blood Bowl. Enjoy!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    OK, all divisions rolled on and all games validated.

Good luck in your final matches, which must be played by 15 March.

Cheers

What should I go for on a Human lineman that rolled 5-5 on leveling? His 1st level up

Lesser Hivemind Node
    I'd go guard - it only takes a couple of doubles for humans to out-guard any team bar orcs and dwarves.

I was thinking either dodge or guard, but can't decide

Guard. Guard guard guard.

If you really really ​really don't want to take guard, then ignore yourself and wait for Al Hutton to show up and use his years of experience playing as only humans to tell you to take guard. And then take guard.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Huff, huff, huff. I heard there was someone who rolled a double on a Human Lineman and was thinking of taking something other than Guard and I got here as fast as I could.

FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS HOLY TAKE GUARD RIGHT FUCKING NOW.

Please. Otherwise the Kitten dies.
    Last edited by Alistair Hutton; 06-03-2014 at 10:23 PM.

Impeccable timing.