Page 306 of 351 FirstFirst ... 206256296304305306307308316 ... LastLast
Results 6,101 to 6,120 of 7005
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus ChainsawHands's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by President Weasel View Post
    (I have to say this, because I won the champs twice in a row)
    It's an exclusive club, full of excellent people...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ChainsawHands View Post
    It's an exclusive club, full of #@$%&^ people...
    Fixed
    that for you
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mrpier's Avatar
    Don't forget to update the wall of champions in the sheet. According to that pweasel only has one win ;-)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ChainsawHands's Avatar
    Obviously those who've also won a season of the Open and one of the RPS Cups are the only real winners.

I've been runner up in both competitions, what does that make me?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mrpier View Post
    I've been runner up in both competitions, what does that make me?
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Aaaw, I've always liked Sgt. Rock.

Don't forget to update the wall of champions in the sheet. According to that pweasel only has one win ;-)
    I believe Season 31 went to the Nobz and 32 to weaselman.

With five consecutive titles and a sixth consolation title two seasons later the Nobz are still rulers of the illustrious divisions.

Quote Originally Posted by President Weasel View Post
    I have to say that anyone who wins the Champs twice in a row deserves to be acclaimed the rightful champion of the Divisions. Once might be luck, but twice isn't.

(I have to say this, because I won the champs twice in a row)
    Two wins makes you the butler of the Divisions. Lord Grinn demands a foot rub...

OpT1mUs vs sphericalboy

Blazin 420s vs Barad Dur Hobbit Maimers

1 - 1

The final game of the season for Blazin420s was the most chaotic one. Second game in the row vs Orcs was not the happy one for the humans. Perpetually dumb Ogre didn't really help his teammates in this one either. After fumbling about in the first half, score was set on 0 - 1 for the Orkies. Second half kick off results in a traditional riot that moves the clock forward, discouriging the human team even further. With some quick play and a bit of luck , Blazin420s manage to equalize fairly soon in the second half. After that the game goes full chaos where Black Orc on the scrimmage line manages to successfully catch a pass. Cage is quickly formed around him but humans didn't sit idly. They flood the cage from all sides, even that aforementioned Ogre slaps some of the Black Orcs around until finally the ball carrier is brought down and the human blitzer gets the ball 1 turn before the end.

He courageously runs deep into the orc half of the field and goes for a nice short pass to a lineman that was ready and waiting for the first touchdown of his career. The ball is passed beautifully but the lineman fumbles and drops the ball and his chance for glory on the bloody grass beneath him. Final whistle, 1-1.

Blazin420s finish the season undefeated but with bitter taste in their mouths since 3-0-0 has slipped through their hands and it was so close.

Scratch that , we're first in the group!

Last edited by OpT1mUs; 11-03-2014 at 08:53 PM.

Lesser Hivemind Node cyberpunkdreams's Avatar
    Ludicrously frustrating game against AgP's welves in Div A, where I rolled all the ones and he rolled all the pows. The only time he didn't roll pows was when he had tackle (one player) or I didn't have dodge. Of course, this was all down to me playing gobbos. If I'd had a different team I'm sure it would have been the other way around.

Agathis Avengers 3 - 1 Black Bombers

The one highlight was that my +AG gobbo got another level, so validation appreciated!
    My Arsenal of Democracy AAR: The British Empire
    Seeking alpha testers for a StoryNexus cyberpunk RPG.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Vexing Vision's Avatar
    My Khemri got a tickling last night from Frenzor's replacement rats. With Frenzor rolling all the armor breaks and all the POWs (really, all of them), there wasn't much left for me to roll. Though the second half fared better, KO-wise, this game ended without a single SPP for the dusty bones.
    NETWORKING 101 SIGNATURE INCOMING
    Playing games with each other makes for the best business contacts, so feel free to add me on LinkedIn.
    You should also follow me on Twitter.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus groovychainsaw's Avatar
    The thing I thought would never happen has happened! I've got my norse team into the Champs! And only had my Yhetee die this season! Wink should have beaten me yesterday, but a run of double skulls for the lizards gave me the chance of a draw which I seized with both hands. This team is great at getting draws... 7 draws in 9 matches! HARD TO BEAT.

3 days until the end of the season chaps and chapettes, get your games wrapped up!
    Benevolent dictator of the RPS Blood Bowl Divisions of Death - Join us!

Hmm, with Everblue dropping out I need a win or draw against Screwie to reach the champs with my largely useless chaos team. Please bring your b-game on friday screwie!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Hmm, with Everblue dropping out I need a win or draw against Screwie to reach the champs with my largely useless chaos team. Please bring your b-game on friday screwie!
    Sounds like both our teams are rather battered right now.

I'm skint and still have to replace the four lineman deaths Everblue gave me at the start of the season, which means right now all my precious shiny players will be in easier hitting range to boot... and my replacement problem could begin to spiral.

(Honestly I am half tempted to sack all but the best on my team and tank my TV, so I at least have some fodder and fewer expenses while I try to rebuild. But what to cut??)

Quote Originally Posted by Screwie View Post
    Sounds like both our teams are rather battered right now.

I'm skint and still have to replace the four lineman deaths Everblue gave me at the start of the season, which means right now all my precious shiny players will be in easier hitting range to boot... and my replacement problem could begin to spiral.

(Honestly I am half tempted to sack all but the best on my team and tank my TV, so I at least have some fodder and fewer expenses while I try to rebuild. But what to cut??)
    Everything!

Grats to groovy on getting to the champs. The Norse and Mrpiers Chaos were on my wishlist for next season mainly because Winks lizards are horrible and I have a real dislike for chorfs in general at the moment. Go go pier!
    Global Warping (Skaven) - RPS Divisions of Death Champions Seasons 34-36

So does the next season begin immediately after this one finishes? Also I'm not sure when and how I am assigned a division.

There is usually a few days of downtime between seasons while everyone shuffles around. That's when you find out what division your in and have to apply to it.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by groovychainsaw View Post
    The thing I thought would never happen has happened! I've got my norse team into the Champs! And only had my Yhetee die this season! Wink should have beaten me yesterday, but a run of double skulls for the lizards gave me the chance of a draw which I seized with both hands. This team is great at getting draws... 7 draws in 9 matches! HARD TO BEAT.

3 days until the end of the season chaps and chapettes, get your games wrapped up!
    When I went on my phenomenal run of draws about a year and a half ago they perpetually stopped me getting into the Champs. I ineffectually shake my fist in rage at you.

Quote Originally Posted by 20phoenix View Post
    I have a real dislike for chorfs in general at the moment. Go go pier!
    Bah, you haven't had a problem handing it to me in the past, I don't see why that would change in the future.

Though, barring a FF or a complete surprise tie between screwie and mrpier, the winner of that game will get promoted.