Page 326 of 375 FirstFirst ... 226276316324325326327328336 ... LastLast
Results 6,501 to 6,520 of 7498
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Last edited by Heliocentric; 28-04-2014 at 12:53 PM.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus groovychainsaw's Avatar
    Excellent! All going well I'll accept applications tonight and get us all started!

The Nobz are back in the Champs!

Lesser Hivemind Node cyberpunkdreams's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by grinn View Post
    The Nobz are back in the Champs!
    And all is right with the world again...
    My Arsenal of Democracy AAR: The British Empire
    Seeking alpha testers for a StoryNexus cyberpunk RPG.

Quote Originally Posted by cyberpunkdreams View Post
    And all is right with the world again...
    Not if you have to play them....
    Global Warping (Skaven) - RPS Divisions of Death Champions Seasons 34-36

AND WE'RE OFF!!

PLEASE CHECK YOUR FIXTURES AGAINST THE SHEET AND LET US KNOW IF THERE IS SOMETHING AWRY.

Only an admin can understand the simple joys of discovering a fixture list that matches with the sheet without having to seed them. I landed three of them this season!
    Global Warping (Skaven) - RPS Divisions of Death Champions Seasons 34-36

PimpWizard, HElf on the sheet , Chaos in game?

Network Hub
    Near Chicago, IL in the United States of America
    positives: I get to play chaos and goblins instead of orcs and Welfs with my 'flings.
    negatives: I have to play dwarves instead of ogres :(
    http://bbtactics.com/forums/limdoods...-wisdom-t3292/ - My collection of articles on various tactical and strategic concepts in Blood Bowl. Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by Limdood View Post
    positives: I get to play chaos and goblins instead of orcs and Welfs with my 'flings.
    negatives: I have to play dwarves instead of ogres :(
    I cleared the pitch last time my goblins played flings (and I think I've got a screengrab somewhere to prove it!)

Match report, Div C Day 1: Medical Drama(Nur) vs Dandy Lions
    My goals were simple, break the back of his lineup early and use overwhelming numbers to secure a modest victory. In this it was a complete failure. With 2 bribes my early gangfouls delivered the Odd KO and my generally, the elves fell over a lot. But it was of no substance I generally lacked the pitch control to keep the ball entirely secure so instead I was hyper aggressive with my ball play managing a few medium passes participated in by all player types in the team but the beast.

Ultimately despite half a dozen surfs, a dozen fouls and plenty of pushing and shoving I failed to claim any scalps bar an injury I forgot that was solved by the apothecary. Equally deeky's elves failed a few 2+ rolls with snakeyes and failed to have the elfiness they were used to.

It ended in 1-1 after a nice long 5+ pass by a pestigor and we both got a single level up. I kind of feel like this was a false start to the season for me, and hopefully I can get some traction in day 2 against yet more elves.

And my Elves survive another week!
    Please feel free to visit my Deviant Art page.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ChainsawHands's Avatar
    2-0 over The Brain, and my +ST block fend hobbo rolled a double. I... I guess dodge?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ChainsawHands's Avatar
    Also he has a pretty sweet hat now.

If you've got an ethical objection to dodge like some bash teams do then I guess MB, sure feet and sidestep could all be handy, or possibly catch for safer hand-offs, but for my money dodge would be better than any of them.

Div 2: Read in Tooth and Claw (Necro, me) vs. The Plantagenet Alliance (Undead, Frenz0rz)

Claws' first comeback game saw them face off against the upcoming undead dynastic gang of the Plantagenet alliance. With 250 in inducements to play with the undead plumped for an extra re-roll and a wizard, and left little doubt as to their intentions by blasting the AV7 wolf with a lightning bolt after receiving at the end of their first turn. Luckily for Cheshko the wizard hadn't been on the energy drinks - the bolt didn't even dent his somewhat shabby armour. The ball itself had bounced over the scrimmage on the kick, giving the undead a touchback they used to secure it on the St4 ghoul before caging around him.

Several turns of bashing followed: Claw couldn't get a hit on the carrier but stalled out the advance, while the Alliance pressed hard but started losing players to KO's. A huge scrum slowly started building in the middle of the pitch, but with the mummies stuck on zombies Claw started to pile on the pressure, first by injuring a zombie, then by pinning down the carrier. The Alliance responded by KO'ing Chesko, but it wasn't enough break the carrier free. A hand-off to an open ghoul was flubbed leading to an desperate scrabble around the ball that was quickly resolved when a William the Conqueror managed to bounce it into the hands of Edward Longshanks when he fell on it unconscious, and when Fido the wolf failed his dodge it looked like the score could be on. Edward sprinted off deep into Claw's half while the remaining Plantagenets marked every Necro player they could reach, but it wasn't enough to stop Fido redeeming himself by blitzing Edward down the following turn. From there the first half fizzled out with a series of ineffective blocks and blitzes, leaving it 0-0 at half time.

The Plantagenets lined up a bit the worse for wear in the second half, able to field only 9 players to Claw's 11 and missing a ghoul and a wight. Things started well with a deep kick and a blitz, but an aggressive setup by Claw made an advance inadvisable so the undead were forced to satisfy themselves with a single blitz. Claw, on the other hand, had a plan and stuck to it: content to cage in the middle of their own half they set about dismembering the remaining undead. An overly aggressive mummy was clawed off the field by Fido, a zombie lost a game of "swap the limb" with his counterpart, an incautious skeleton was surfed, a ghoul picked up a broken neck from the descending boot of a zombie and another smashed his hip trying to dodge away from his marker, and the final wight got KO'd by a pouncing wolf. By turn 16 there were only 3 Plantagenets left on the field, all safely surrounded, making it an easy job for a wight to walk the ball in: 1-0 to Claw at full time.

Frenz0rz simply got out bashed, leaving him with too few players to stop a vicious circle developing. It couldn't have been much fun for him but he was a gent throughout - hopefully the rest of the season will prove a little more gentle. Not that Chaos Dorfs and Chaos are noted for their softly-softly approach. All in all it was a good comeback for Claw, but unless Mr Pier and Chad mince one another completely the season is still going to be very tough to survive, never mind win.

Anyone seen Hellraiser? Can't find them in steam either (as in the name search doesn't bring anything up)

Quote Originally Posted by Ethelred View Post
    Anyone seen Hellraiser? Can't find them in steam either (as in the name search doesn't bring anything up)
    I'll hook you up on steam :)
    I have both of you.

Ethelred, He's invited you to a lifetime of friendship on steam (friends request).

Activated Node
    Yep :P its the name people always forget that S

Can someone reset mine and Keikains Div A match coz of a lock up on my part.

Quote Originally Posted by Axler View Post
    Can someone reset mine and Keikains Div A match coz of a lock up on my part.
    for future reference, if both players Alt-F4 or crash out of a match, it doesn't need resetting. They only need a reset if one of the players quite gracefully.