Page 327 of 358 FirstFirst ... 227277317325326327328329337 ... LastLast
Results 6,521 to 6,540 of 7142
    Network Hub
    Near Chicago, IL in the United States of America
    flings face off against gobbos in Div E.

Not much to say other than the dice decided this one....1-0 to flings after a dubskull on T8 ends the half with morg 1 square shy of a defensive TD....no KO recoveries for the gobs mean that the flings walk in the TD on turn 12 instead....another no KO recoveries sees their final offensive drive fizzle under pressure from 4 ST6 players. CPD couldn't pass a key block or dodge to save his life, and i only failed the most trivial of dodges and GFIs.

certainly a dice decided game, but i'll take what i can get with flings as we get off to a winning start (and i believe that gives me a winning record overall with flings in my lifetime with 2-1-1???), win 70k winnings, and get a cas on one tree and an MVP on the other!
    http://bbtactics.com/forums/limdoods...-wisdom-t3292/ - My collection of articles on various tactical and strategic concepts in Blood Bowl. Enjoy!

Lesser Hivemind Node cyberpunkdreams's Avatar
    Yeah, it was a bit brutal but could have been far worse. I lost control of the match at around T2-3 after failing a crucial block with TRR and couldn't get it back after that. It was plain luck that kept it down to 1-0. Failed seven out of eight KO rolls and many other... things. On the other hand, only one permanent injury (Matt Damon VI goes to his grave - what on earth have you guys got against Matt Damon to need to kill him six times?), enough winnings to replace a troll I lost a few games again, a pass and interception with my +AG gobbo (slippery Bill Clinton) and, finally, a level on a bomber.
    Last edited by cyberpunkdreams; 02-05-2014 at 11:41 PM.
    My Arsenal of Democracy AAR: The British Empire
    Seeking alpha testers for a StoryNexus cyberpunk RPG.

Thanks, steam invite accepted

played mr pier in div 2.

Nothing went right - coulnd't block for shit, couldn't injure, but all my players were getting trashed.

I finally got some injuries late in the first after he got his first TD, but it was too little too late.

Whoever plays me next gets a free win as I am down both Ponies and a dwarf, I believe.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mrpier's Avatar
    Yeah, it wasn't pretty, you were 6 players down (inj+KO's) on turn five I believe.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mrpier View Post
    Yeah, it wasn't pretty, you were 6 players down (inj+KO's) on turn five I believe.
    I've had people rage quit over less. Bravo for the integrity to follow through.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Lesser Hivemind Node cyberpunkdreams's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chadsexington View Post
    I finally got some injuries late in the first after he got his first TD, but it was too little too late.
    That kind of thing almost frustrates me more than anything else - you get screwed by the dice but then the probabilities even out when it's too late to count.
    My Arsenal of Democracy AAR: The British Empire
    Seeking alpha testers for a StoryNexus cyberpunk RPG.

Quote Originally Posted by cyberpunkdreams View Post
    That kind of thing almost frustrates me more than anything else - you get screwed by the dice but then the probabilities even out when it's too late to count.
    Yeah, it started out bad where I thought I put three on the front line (hell, I swear I did), then it threw a positional piece as a sacrifice. His first block was an injury, second was a KO on the dwarf that was auto-positioned.

I also fouled for 5 or 6 turns in a row without getting more than a stun.

It was a great game ;)

So I'm trying to set up BBmanager for the first time. I managed to find RPS DoD league and it's says it has 704 matches but it lists only about 50 or so, most of the from the 2013/12/11/10? What's the deal with that? How do I submit matches?

Network Hub
    I've actually just submitted our game OpT1mUs. In general, to submit a game just click on "Submit Match" near the upper left. To view matches, click on the "Matchs" tab, it should autosort by league and you can also select the league you want from the dropdowns.

Global Warping started this season as they ended last - with a draw. The Nobz were the opponents and after a false start due to laptop overheating the second attempt got underway. The 2D6 were the rats friends as the AV7 held up remarkably well to the pummelling while the rats managed to snipe a couple of juicy targets themselves including a MNG on one of the killers. The wizard disrupted the Nobz drive but a string of 1's meant the rats failed to capitalise and the Orcs scored on turn 8. This was responded to in typical Warping fashion as they scored a one turner. Second half saw the rats pick a hole through the Nobz line only for the Orcs to swarm the position. Eli Ratting made use of his new found agility to pry the door open though and reopen the lead but with 5 turns to score a draw was the most likely outcome. So it proved as the merc ogre had clearly had enough of the game and wild animaled two out of the last three turns and skulling the other one. 2-2 final score. After years of moaning (and I do mean years) I finally rolled a double on a vermin! Double 6's that is.... Still no claw vermin but i'm sure the extra strength will be useful.
    Global Warping (Skaven) - RPS Divisions of Death Champions Seasons 34-36

Lesser Hivemind Node
    St 4 sv ftw !!11!!!

Some brutal flings took to the field in Div H, racking up 5 injuries on the Jcloths Orcs in the first 5 turns without even throwing a single foul! Depleted in numbers the Orcs didnt stand a chance second half and the flings ranover a turn 16 TD for the win. Crazy.

Network Hub
    Near Chicago, IL in the United States of America
    the week of the 'fling.

Next week is the week of 'fling soup....I play dwarves with mine :D
    http://bbtactics.com/forums/limdoods...-wisdom-t3292/ - My collection of articles on various tactical and strategic concepts in Blood Bowl. Enjoy!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 20phoenix View Post
    Some brutal flings took to the field in Div H
    Sheet says div G, you cannot retire the flings that did this, make them the main team and retire the other team, at least until the flings inevitably impod-... Oh, Dwarfs next match... Right, never-mind.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Not for me - I have Ogres next - should be hilarious

For the record - Groovy scored the first casualty, Hands picked up one too, Janek tried to die but ended up sitting out the next game instead and Axler scored the winning TD

Secondary Hivemind Nexus groovychainsaw's Avatar
    Was confused for a second, wondering when I'd done that. Then realised I'm a named halfling.

Anyway....
    WEEK 1 ENDS TODAY!

Excuses in here if necessary, defaults will be occurring if not....
    Benevolent dictator of the RPS Blood Bowl Divisions of Death - Join us!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ChainsawHands's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by groovychainsaw View Post
    Was confused for a second, wondering when I'd done that. Then realised I'm a named halfling.
    AND IN THE GAME!

allcaps

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Vexing Vision's Avatar
    Trying to get a hold of OPTIMUS to get our game in tonight or tomorrow night. Otherwise I fear I will need (my very first since joining the DoD two years ago, mind you) expansion until the 20th due to holiday-related shennanigans. And I said to my wife that it's a bad idea to travel somewhere without WiFi, but no, she insisted.

This extension is for Week 2 obviously, not Week 1. Just saying.
    Last edited by Vexing Vision; 08-05-2014 at 11:20 AM.
    NETWORKING 101 SIGNATURE INCOMING
    Playing games with each other makes for the best business contacts, so feel free to add me on LinkedIn.
    You should also follow me on Twitter.