Page 329 of 361 FirstFirst ... 229279319327328329330331339 ... LastLast
Results 6,561 to 6,580 of 7204
    Network Hub
    Near Chicago, IL in the United States of America
    With a heavy heart, the halflings of Stick it in the Butter walked out onto the pitch against Laneford's dwarves, the Crafty Schooners for Game 2 of Division E.

The game started well enough, the flings hired 2 more hands before the game, and talked deeproot into joining the team for a game, so we were 15 players strong....well, 3 players and 12 'flings strong... The 'flings had been watching a few goblin games and decided to bribe the ref as well as bring their customary soup to the game.

As the game starts off, the dwarves elect to kick, and the 'flings field the ball neatly aided by a 2-RR chef, but hindered by a pitch invasion that knocks down the entire dwarf LOS (yay!) and a tree (no!) who stays down out of the action until the last turn of the half. We move up our left side after Laneford leaves a dwarf in surf range as bait....well, flings getting to bash dwarves around? SURE! The dwarf is surfed and another fouled off KO'd, but the flings are in a precarious position and laneford cracks it open a couple turns later, spilling the ball, but luckily marked by a tree. A brief scrum ensues in which a halfling cheekily goes to the KO box after he's punched in his empty stomach, but the lack of dwarven rerolls shows through and the 'flings are able to scoot the ball into the clear, grab it and make as much of a breakaway as an MA5 team can when facing an MA4 team.

The dwarves get a dubskull which doesn't help them get to the already REALLY hard to reach fling, which secures the stall til turn 8....nothing happens on the dwarves' turn 8 and the second half starts with 10 dwarves on the pitch vs. 3 trees and 8 flings, and the flings up 1-0 but kicking.

The kickoff is less stellar this time, with a 1-RR chef and a high kick giving the dwarves a free advanced cage. After a plethora of 2d-against SUCCESSFUL blocks against the trees (including a doublepow against Deeproot!), Laneford clears the last flings from his cage, injuring one and killing poor croissant and runs in the tying TD T12.

T13 kicks off with the flings getting a reroll, but promptly using it to pick up the VERY deep kick. We hold the dwarves off until T15, but the handoff to a ready-to-fly fling fails. The dwarves mark the ball and the fling waiting to fly, but are cleared safely, and the flings butterfinger the ball yet again to end the game 1-1. The game suprisingly ended with NO flings ever going airborne (well, parts of croissant went flying through the air, but the officials ruled that didn't count as he was already dead)!

1-1 halfling game against dwarves? VICTORY I SAY!
    http://bbtactics.com/forums/limdoods...-wisdom-t3292/ - My collection of articles on various tactical and strategic concepts in Blood Bowl. Enjoy!

Lesser Hivemind Node cyberpunkdreams's Avatar
    Nice work ;)
    My Arsenal of Democracy AAR: The British Empire
    Seeking alpha testers for a StoryNexus cyberpunk RPG.

Quote Originally Posted by SillyWhiteGuy View Post
    I meant in general. I have every confidence in Grinn, hence my hesitation in meeting him and his team.
    Never mind that word twisting rat bastard sillywhite - he's just getting airs cause he dodged the grinder through some miraculous nuffle loved armour rolling :p

Quote Originally Posted by grinn View Post
    Never mind that word twisting rat bastard sillywhite - he's just getting airs cause he dodged the grinder through some miraculous nuffle loved armour rolling :p
    I never leave the grinder - if its not you playing whack a rat its someone else!
    Global Warping (Skaven) - RPS Divisions of Death Champions Seasons 34-36

Screw the Grinder. Today I got a beat down by bloody Wood Elves... the shame...

Quote Originally Posted by The Brain View Post
    Screw the Grinder. Today I got a beat down by bloody Wood Elves... the shame...
    combination of badly timed double skulls on your end followed by exploitive crowd surfing tbh. Still you badly hurt my treeman without even needing mighty blow which made me worry!

It was a mighty blow/claw combo from my new wolf. Having MB on him is great but I really can't wait until he gets block too so I can stop burning through my re-rolls so fast.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Brain View Post
    It was a mighty blow/claw combo from my new wolf. Having MB on him is great but I really can't wait until he gets block too so I can stop burning through my re-rolls so fast.
    Geez, yeah, MB without block really gets you victimised. What did you ever do to them?
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

I had another brutal game, this time against NieA7.

Another game where nothing I did seemed to matter - one dead Level 4 dwarf, one -AG.

Lost 4-0 and gained 0SPP.

Hooray!

It's true, the dice weren't friends to Chad. I managed to level 5 players out of the dorf-pocalypse, though sadly (for me at least) one zombie later died due to Cyanide randomly shuffling my scrimmage about. A good day on the field for Claw all told, though it remains to be seen how much will survive an encounter with Mr Pier's lovely fellows.

Activated Node
    hey guys, SLB and I kep missing each other... anychance we could get a couple of days extension? cheers J

Activated Node
    Same for me and deeky if possible

Secondary Hivemind Nexus groovychainsaw's Avatar
    Hi all,
    Week 2 ended last night, so I'll be defaulting things tonight. I can see 2 requests for extensions and me and chainsawhands need to play soon too. Anyone else, speak now, or be defaulted tonight!!
    Benevolent dictator of the RPS Blood Bowl Divisions of Death - Join us!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Div B:
    Eard and I didn't meet each other in time. I couldn't manage the first weekend, he couldn't manage the second. A default draw for us is fair I think.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mrpier's Avatar
    Me and Frenzors will play tonight in Div.2.

Can you hold off on validating my champs game with Janek? Our first attempt was disturbed by a user induced laptop failure - I have offered for the result to stand but he was keen on a replay which we havent managed yet.
    Global Warping (Skaven) - RPS Divisions of Death Champions Seasons 34-36

Div A Axler and I are due to play this evening.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus groovychainsaw's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 20phoenix View Post
    Can you hold off on validating my champs game with Janek? Our first attempt was disturbed by a user induced laptop failure - I have offered for the result to stand but he was keen on a replay which we havent managed yet.
    It's not often used, but it helps us (me) sometimes if you put R-R for your score on the fixtures sheet. It lets me know that it needs resetting and you're expecting to replay so i don't miss it in the thread. This is a good tip for everyone!
    Benevolent dictator of the RPS Blood Bowl Divisions of Death - Join us!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Vexing Vision's Avatar
    So, I am back from a week of no internet. :) I'll see if I can grab Optimus tonight to play our match.
    NETWORKING 101 SIGNATURE INCOMING
    Playing games with each other makes for the best business contacts, so feel free to add me on LinkedIn.
    You should also follow me on Twitter.

Activated Node
    I've asked 20p if he can play tonight, so if Div G can be given an extension that would be grand. If he cant, then our missing it is entirely my fault.