Page 336 of 375 FirstFirst ... 236286326334335336337338346 ... LastLast
Results 6,701 to 6,720 of 7498
    Network Hub
    Near Chicago, IL in the United States of America
    Stick it in the Butter drops their first match to Helio's Medical drama amid an absolute avalanche of failed key rolls for the flings and wildly successful heroplays from the nurgle.

1st half sees the chef steal 0 rrs, but morg BH a guard pest on T1 (regenned) and the halflings grind out the nurgle (deeproot, morg, and 2 trees help here) to stall at the endzone on T4 and wait there all the way to T8, chainfouling the only player in reach until T8, when a heroplay 4+ dodge, 3+ dodge, GFI, 1d block brings down the fling with the ball, who of course fails the pickup and the half ends 0-0, after an amusing BD between a nurlgle warrior with wrestle and a fling sees the warrior BH'd (regenned...*sigh*) after helio turns off wrestle.

The nurgle are down their kick rotter (KOd) and extra arms rotter (dead from a surf) but both injuries they suffered, and the other 2 KOs come back and the second half starts in earnest. Helio fields deep, with the chef dropping him from 5 to 3 rerolls, and the flings are up to 4, and his quick snap result lets him bring the pain to the fling line, stunning morg, but the flings slip through and a risky pass fails (it only took 4 pro rolls for him to fail one!). The flings snatch the ball on the nurgle weak side, but are brought down anyways next turn, as helio makes naked dodges and GFIs galore with no rerolls and scoops the ball. A lightning bolt brings down the carrier again, and the flings gather the ball again, and attempt a breakaway, but a snake-eyes GFI ends it and spills the ball before i can bring in cover. Helio's followup turn kills a fling, BHs a fling, KOs a fling, and knocks over every big guy, and despite some absolutely heroic dodging from morg over the next 2 turns (5+, 3+, 3+ and 4 GFIs successful) i can't actually get a hit, and morg is knocked away amidst MORE naked dodges and GFIs, to give helio the 1-0.

With 2 turns to score and a reroll in hand, helio kicks a really awkward kick that lands so i need a dodge and 2 GFIs, on top of the pickup/handoff to get it to a TTM flyer. A GFI eats the last reroll but the ball is handed successfully. The tree rolls a 1 and fumbles the fling...who, to his credit, does land OK.

Last turn, helio took down the flimsy screen in front of the tree and has him double marked with 2 DPs and no way to block free. The flings make a greed block and rage foul, which finally causes a no-regen injury!....and its a BH on T16/16. ref whistles, but bribe lets me attempt the 6+ TTM....SUCCESS! and the fling plows into the turf....in perfect range of a TD. Game over.

A completely winnable game where a stall decision and crazy swingy dice in the most critical situations turn a pretty doable 1-0 win past the draw and into a 0-1 loss.
    http://bbtactics.com/forums/limdoods...-wisdom-t3292/ - My collection of articles on various tactical and strategic concepts in Blood Bowl. Enjoy!

Network Hub
    i'll play a filler team if needed. Does it have to be stunty? (2 stunty might be too much....i can smile and nod my way through 1 team of retreads, but probably not two).

I can pop in some vamps, pro elves, necro, or Chaos if needed.
    http://bbtactics.com/forums/limdoods...-wisdom-t3292/ - My collection of articles on various tactical and strategic concepts in Blood Bowl. Enjoy!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus groovychainsaw's Avatar
    We'd need 2 more fillers in E for sinister to have a season of it. Vamps would be appropriate, particularly at TV1000 for a filler team :-).

Sound like a good halflings match as well, Limdood, kinda glad you got promoted now so that you can play with all the lovely inducements :-D

Well, I've been gearing up to rejoin the Divs with my Skaven (Goes Well with Port, 1350TV), would that help or make things more awkward?

that...would probably be ok in E I reckon? Sinister, do you have some similarly TV'd team you want to join with, or were you set on your amazons?

Network Hub
    oh yeah, my "inducements" that match were a rostered fling, an apothecary, 2 AC, 2 CL, Morg, Deeproot, Chef, Wizard, and Bribe.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Yeah, once I got rolled by all that ST6 & 7 in the first few turns I was sure I'd lost. The flings didn't break and the nurglemans did. I scourn my lack of tackle and armour roll skills but I'm sure I'll bloat into those skills in time.
    Last edited by Heliocentric; 10-06-2014 at 06:48 PM.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Obscure Node
    Hi All,

I don't seem to be able to apply to division E as I'm still in G from the last round - do I need to get kicked and then reapply?

Thanks

Dan

Lesser Hivemind Node cyberpunkdreams's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan1111 View Post
    Hi All,

I don't seem to be able to apply to division E as I'm still in G from the last round - do I need to get kicked and then reapply?

Thanks

Dan
    You can kick yourself from G and then apply to E.
    My Arsenal of Democracy AAR: The British Empire
    Seeking alpha testers for a StoryNexus cyberpunk RPG.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sinister agent's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by groovychainsaw View Post
    OK! Still missing folks - I'm trying to get hold of people via steam and message.
    We need Limdood in A, Joeyjojo in C, Ritashi in D and Dan1111 in E!

I REALLY don't want to delay any longer, so you may miss out on the season!

Sinister, I'm happy for you to jump into E, but can you join with a slightly less valuable team, something under <1200? You're up against basically 3 new teams there and i think developed amazons might be a bit mighty there. IF one of the others doesn't show, you can pop up higher but I don't want to dirupt everyone else at this late stage.
    Hi, sorry, busier few days than I'd expected, plus some weird internet problems. Depending on what's easier, I can stick with the 1600 Amaz, join somewhere lower with a 1000-1200TV team (I have a handful of teams who've played literally one or two games in public leagues, so not strictly dod material but the difference is literally about 10-20SPP across the team), or drop out entirely. I'll apply with a few and you can pick whichever one works best.

edit: Done. Mostly races I've never played as (or only literally once or twice), but if a stunty team would be preferred, I can recruit some halflings or goblins too. I've a vampire team but they're on the verge of a few levels and might be a bit too good.

edit edit: I have a team that's just shy of 1300 (Lizards), but they're from a public league, which if I remember right is against the rules. I am fine with not being able to play if that happens; I dont' want to hold things up for everyone. Bottom line: whatever's easier for you guys is fine with me.
    Last edited by sinister agent; 10-06-2014 at 10:46 PM.

Currently we're still missing 3 and no-one reshuffled last night so I'm a bit stuck to start anything below B. We need to get started so I'm quoting myself below:

Still missing 3? I'll be moving people tonight, if we have 3 no-shows it's going to mean some URGH at the bottom. 20phoenix could go into C and MrJoose in D, which would leave sinister on his own at the bottom :-(. Thoughts? I want to get going tonight, this has already dragged on too long!!

If needs be i'll throw in a filler team. Pretty sure I have some goblins around here somewhere...

C's waiting for 20p, D is started, E needs 1 filler... any takers?

I'm in C and the div started. Sorry I missed your message until you were offline. Can you remove Joey from the fixtures for C and replace with Rumple? I've seeded it to fit that schedule
    Global Warping (Skaven) - RPS Divisions of Death Champions Seasons 34-36

Applied to div E with a skaven team, Rats Volerminous.

Turns out my goblins were a figment of my diseased imagination :P I feel this reflects that.

Right, I'm formally starting the season then - 10 days to go for the first week!!

/Edit - And 20p, I can't change the seeding in the sheet without changing it for every division - can you re-seed for yourself replacing Joey instead?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sinister agent's Avatar
    With woodsies, lizards, and two ratties, Div E is gonna be one pacey contest!

Div 1: The Plantaganet Alliance (Und, Frenz0rz) vs. Read in Tooth and Claw (Necro, me)

A quick rematch this - Claw and the Alliance had met only two games ago in a bruising encounter that Claw won 1-0 (leaving a couple of broken ghouls behind as a reminder). Back then the two teams weren't a million miles apart in TV, but a subsequent succession of stats and doubles for Claw stretched the gap to 420 giving Frenz0rz enough for a chef and an extra re-roll.

The match kicked off in pouring rain that clung gloomily to the game until the end. The Alliance won the toss and chose to receive: the chef managed to steal one reroll but the ball landed so deep they had to form two cages - one on the scrimmage where the carrier would be, and one midway in their own half where the carrier actually was. With only a thin line of zombies separating the two Claw smelled an opportunity: while most of them lined up in front of the scrimmage cage a lone wolf blitzed down a zombie to get a marker on the unskilled ghoul with the ball. Or at least that was the plan: what actually happened was the wolf skulling out against a lone zombie despite a re-roll and injuring himself out of the match on the first turn.

Smelling a chance the Alliance went for a drive down the right side of the field. Claw slowly fell back but their armour held, allowing them to keep the cage largely locked in place. Wanting to get a score on the board quickly the Alliance made a break on turn three, knocking down as many of Claw as they could reach before screening the rest off and running the carrying ghoul through. It was a bold effort but it didn't pay off - scrambling back Claw managed to smash through the screen and sandwich the carrier between a tackle wight and a wrestle ghoul, before making a screen of their own to ensure little help could arrive. An early double skulls ate the Alliance's re-roll for the turn, a blitz on one of the markers failed with only a both down then finally the carrier managed to stun himself on a skull/both down, spilling the ball away from his team-mates.

Claw's initial counter attack was short lived when the blitzing wolf failed his dodge, but the Alliance couldn't do anything more than knock down about half of the Claw players near the ball which remained tantalisingly out of reach. Given another chance Claw made no mistakes, successfully gathering the ball and screening the carrier while marking down most of the undead who could threaten him. A blitzing wight managed to get through, but a counter blitz freed the ghoul who sprinted upfield. A couple of GFI's would have got him out of blitzing range, but even with a team re-roll this proved too much of an ask as the silly sod tripped over his own feet and knocked himself out for the rest of the match. With all their other players tying up the Undead Claw had no other potential scorers, but the Alliance could still just about pull it back if they could get lucky with their passing game. It wasn't to be however: the living dead don't have much of an aerial game at the best of times and the rain wasn't helping much either - 0-0 at half time.

Receiving in the second half Claw set up aggressively, but their limp attacks did little to justify their confidence (and the chef stealing two re-rolls didn't help either). With the sure-handed ghoul flubbing 2 pickups in a row by turn eleven all they'd done was bounce off the Alliance's line three times in a row. The ball was finally secured allowing Claw to concentrate their attack a little more, but even then the Alliance line held firm. With the remaining wolf blitzed by the block/tackle mummy things were starting to look grim: the dice first came up skull/push, and unwilling to let the wolf sidestep to freedom the Alliance used a reroll - double skull. This was the break Claw needed - pinning a ghoul and a wight against the sidelines, knocking out another ghoul and injuring a zombie along the way they poured through the gap, screening the carrier while marking the remaining Alliance players.

The Alliance did the best they could, but when one of the two remaining ghouls was surfed the match was up - they had no players within reach of the carrier. The lone remaining ghoul sprinted down the field and stubbornly stayed on his feet when blitzed forcing Claw to score on turn fifteen, but when the final kick landed on the very back corner of the field there was little the Alliance could do to force a touchdown in two turns leaving it 1-0 to Claw at full time.

A tense game that pivoted on a couple of key rolls - the wolf badly hurting himself on turn one, the ghoul failing the re-rolled GFI and the mummy skulling himself out. Frenz0rz played very well with what he had but without the chef doing anything spectacular (I didn't actually need my remaining re-roll in the second half - everything that failed had a built in re-roll) the difference in skills on the field proved just too much to deal with, especially after the mummy incident. It's difficult to say what would have happened if that block had worked, or been left at the push. I still had my full team on the field but I'd got absolutely nowhere trying to break through up to that point, there was every possibility that if he'd held out for a couple more turns I would've been forced into something risky that wouldn't have paid off. A win's a win though, and with the MVP landing on the rookie golem it was a pretty good game for Claw all round.

Quote Originally Posted by NieA7 View Post
    Div 1: The Plantaganet Alliance (Und, Frenz0rz) vs. Read in Tooth and Claw (Necro, me)

<snip>
    An excellent write-up as always, NieA7.

It was an exciting game to be sure, and one that ultimately came down to a few key rolls. As you rightly said, if Empress Matilda the mummy hadn't skulled things might've been very different, but they might've been just as different if your ghoul hadn't tripped or your wolf hadn't injured himself.

Speaking of which, from my perspective, the man of the match had to be Edmund the Magnificent. I made a point to name my zombies after the most inept or ironically named kings of England, and Edmund was one such king. So far, though, he has proved phenomenal through sheer chance, time and again. This very game he achieved the only three injuries for the Alliance - two to the opposition, and one to himself! May his career be a long and illustrious one.

As always though, NieA7 was a gentleman and a scholar, and I look forward to our next encounter.
    I occasionally write things on this website. You can read these things by clicking this thing:
    www.teamsao.com

I take offence to that, my ag4 wight has a fantastic passing game.