Page 339 of 349 FirstFirst ... 239289329337338339340341 ... LastLast
Results 6,761 to 6,780 of 6974
    Is the day rolled on for everyone?

Lesser Hivemind Node
    I don't know, what am I, some kind of admin?

Oh. I see.

Admin win to Sinister, rolled on Champs and E. We're now on matchday 2, with the exception of division B who get a gold star for playing matches super quickly.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    I lose 2-1 to INinja's Elves, not a shocking result. But my teams complete inability to either knock elves over, break their armour or remain concious after being being hit by the elves was crippling. My best pestigor, my beast and one of my warriors were all knocked out and slept through multiple chances to wake up. I didn't even manage to collect any SPP until turn 14 or so. The second half saw INinja suffer from a flurry of snakeyes which allowed me to pull a 2-1 from what in all fairness should have been 3-0.

Ultimatly I did get a level up, my block guard pestigor rolled a reg, I'm thinking I'll just take pro, he's one of my fastest AG3 pieces but pro will help with punching people over too.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Janek View Post
    Admin win to Sinister, rolled on Champs and E. We're now on matchday 2, with the exception of division B who get a gold star for playing matches super quickly.
    Us lot are good at the scheduling, we are.

Has anyone got any tips on running a league? I'm trying to start a league up with some friends and the league interface is not especially intuitive to say the least. The main obstacle is it not liking odd numbers, meaning we're having to fish around for an 8th participant, but the whole affair seems to be a litle vague. Does it start to come together more once we're up and running or is it essential to use external stuff to track the games?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mrpier's Avatar
    If you don't get an 8th player just stick a dummy team in there that everyone gets a win or draw against.

Thanks, we were thinking of trying that but we're not sure whether you need a new account/key to put another team in. Can the commissioner allocate results as you're suggesting? If they can then I can sort that out and we'll start :)

Couldn't resist taking Multiblock on my assassin.

Next game he is KO'd early doors and spends the rest of the game asleep.

Lesser Hivemind Node cyberpunkdreams's Avatar
    The sheet for Div C seems to be completely messed up. I've already played Rumpel (which ain't what it says!), so I guess I'm playing Helio's filler elves next?
    My Arsenal of Democracy AAR: The British Empire
    Seeking alpha testers for a StoryNexus cyberpunk RPG.

Ooh, forgot about filler duty! I'll try and catch you on steam and you can participate in my pro elves slow collapse into a black hole with no rostered players and 11 journeymen.

Lesser Hivemind Node cyberpunkdreams's Avatar
    I wasn't sure​ if it was you next - I was just asking? But fair enough if it is...
    My Arsenal of Democracy AAR: The British Empire
    Seeking alpha testers for a StoryNexus cyberpunk RPG.

FYI I have no idea who is next.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sinister agent's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    FYI I have no idea who is next.
    You're next, Helio.

*sharpens snotling*

Div 1: Cheese It!!!! (Skaven, Gorm) vs. Read in Tooth and Claw (Necro, me)

At a spectacular 2260TV Cheese It were giving away 400TV inducements for this match. After agonising long and hard about what to take with a wizard in the end I gave up on the idea altogether and just hired Ramtut: while not exactly bashy the rats had a couple of dangerous blitzers and a ludicrous rat ogre (block, pro, claws if you were wondering), so a strength 6 mighty blow bastard might come in handy.

Claw won the toss in the pouring rain (which hung over the pitch for the whole match) and chose to kick, prompting the crowd to immediately riot. Cheese gathered the ball with their thrower who ran back towards his own endzone as all the gutter runners sprinted the other way. Following their highly complex pre-match plan Claw proceeded to ignore the ball completely and swarm all over the gutters, hoping to maim them off the field before they had a chance to do too much damage. When a linerat skulled his block after the blitzing stormvermin had eaten the re-roll Claw had their chance: one gutter was surfed, another badly hurt and the third KO'd, while the single remaining runner was knocked down and double marked. Seeing their numbers rapidly dwindling the rats made their play - one of the stormvermin blitzed down a marker while the other ran down field: with his route reasonably open the runner got up and ran for cover near Claw's endzone as the thrower ran down and made an accurate long pass that was successfully caught despite the rain. The wrestle ghoul managed to blitz down the gutter but the ball bounced out of reach for Claw, allowing a screening linerat to grab it and score on the following turn - 1-0 to Cheese It.

The crowd made their presence felt at the kick off again, this time chucking a rock that badly hurt one of the gutters off the field. Having set up asymmetrically anyway Claw capitalised on the fans bloodlust and set up a side cage which the Ag4 wolf sprinted into after recovering the short kick. The rats piled in and blocked off their path down the edge, but after a couple of careful blocks and a blitz Claw opened up a route to reposition in the centre of the field instead. Not taking this lying down the rat ogre finally made its presence felt by blitzing in and opening a gap for the carrier to be triple marked: running out of time Claw pushed forwards and managed to extract the carrier but not cover him, allowing the rats a two dice hit on the following turn. Luckily for the wolf Nuffle only granted Cheese It pushes, letting Chesko finally run it in on turn 8 - one all at half time.

Clearly the crowd had been on the angry pills as the second half kicked off with another riot. Setting up asymmetrically again Claw advanced more cautiously this time, looking to both cause pain and run down the clock. The first was swiftly accomplished as the blitzing wight managed to smash the ankle of one of the remaining gutters while Ramtut wrestled the rat ogre to the ground, where he remained for the next for turns while repeatedly failing his wild animal roll. Things got no better for the rats when a stormvermin opened up Cheese Its turn by eating a re-roll for his GFI, double skulling his blitz and getting injured off the field, then on their following turn the other vermin got a single dice hit on the carrier that came up skull after he re-rolled a both down, knocking himself out.

Happy to take their time Claw spent the next few turns simply moving the ball about while punching as many rats as they could reach, successfully injuring a couple more as the rats threw increasingly desperate blitzes towards the carrier. Nothing really worked though, and by turn 16 there were only five rats left on the field (all flat on their face) to see Chesko run it in. The returning stormvermin managed to injure a zombie on the final kick off but that was as far as the rats could get, leaving it 2-1 to Claw at the final whistle.

A textbook two one grind for a change, though the rats managed to get an alarming number of hits on the carrier that didn't quite come off. Sadly along the way the block/sure hands ghoul picked up a niggling injury that will almost certainly see the end of his career - after the first two ghouls got to level four and five none of their replacements have got beyond level 3, which has been a constant drain of SPP. Two wins from two though, just the former champs Dread Pool to go before a possible return to the champs...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ChainsawHands's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethelred View Post
    You are doing Nuffle's work, my son. His blessings be upon thee.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethelred View Post
    It's their whole reason to exist!

I hope i get promoted to the league with all the welfs in it - should be good fun on the LOS

Hola everybody,
    if I want to join the fun, do I need to have a bbmanager? And I shall just include my team's name into this excelsheet?

Erm, I haven't had BBmanager installed for quite some time, so if that is some sort of unspoken (or spoken and over-looked) requirement I sincerely apologise. I do not believe so as no one has asked me for it and then expressed indignant rage as of yet. And yes, fill out the spreadsheet as it is stipulated in the column labels. Or else.
    Last edited by SillyWhiteGuy; 01-07-2014 at 03:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SillyWhiteGuy View Post
    Erm, I haven't had BBmanager installed for quite some time, so if that is some sort of unspoken (or spoken and over-looked) requirement I sincerely apologise. I do not believe so as no one has asked me for it and then expressed indignant rage as of yet. And yes, fill out the spreadsheet as it is stipulated in the column labels. Or else.

i didnt read in this forum yet anything of bbmanager, its just a thing that came into my way regularly since me started looking for a private league.