Page 341 of 366 FirstFirst ... 241291331339340341342343351 ... LastLast
Results 6,801 to 6,820 of 7307
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus ChainsawHands's Avatar
    That said I've not actually heard back from groovy (understandable in the circumstances) so I'm currently on track for an admin win.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    He's hiding.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Lesser Hivemind Node
    I didn't even realise we were going over the end of the day.

BigC90210 has asked me to inform all relevant parties that he is sipping cocktails and riding jet-skis with his girlfriend in Malta until some time next week, and will have to forfeit the last game of the season.

Poor bastard.
    I occasionally write things on this website. You can read these things by clicking this thing:
    www.teamsao.com

Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by frenz0rz View Post
    BigC90210 has asked me to inform all relevant parties that he is sipping cocktails and riding jet-skis with his girlfriend in Malta until some time next week, and will have to forfeit the last game of the season.

Poor bastard.
    So this means I have a chance of getting promoted to the champs? Damn, I need to find out which results will result in that and start cheering for a different outcome.

Edit: So I guess I'm cheering for a win from AgP as a draw will leave me 2 points ahead on 6 points with Axler and AgP on 4, and if Axler wins, I'll be promoted on H2H record.
    Last edited by Keikain; 10-07-2014 at 12:55 AM.

The Ogre Games claim the Division C title after a 1-1 draw with Cybers Gobbos. It was a game of two halves as goblins failed pretty much anything first half allowing the Ogres to get the ball without even using the wizard. Second half the Ogres did get hold of the ball but Katniss got tied down with a load of sidesteppers and eventually took herself down after a skulled block.

Fun game.

Was due to grab my first reroll but Peeta Mellark showed that he really is a big jessie and died after a punch to the face.
    Global Warping (Skaven) - RPS Divisions of Death Champions Seasons 34-36

Secondary Hivemind Nexus groovychainsaw's Avatar
    no admin wins for chainsawhands! We played last night, a lovely game of death and maiming for both sides (but his dwarves particularly being on the receiving end of a good kicking) until Cyanide decided we were having too much fun and broke the game on turn 13. Chainsaw felt a 2-0 to me was a fair result (it was 1-0 at the time, with me having the ball surrounded with runners to get to the endzone) so that's where it ended. A demotion for me, and my 4th dead yhetee but 2 level ups means i fall back out of the champs with a better team than the one i arrived with. Still needs a bit more work....
    Last edited by groovychainsaw; 11-07-2014 at 09:20 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mrpier's Avatar
    Season 38 champions: Gentlebeasts

Thanks for that groovy! :-)

I was going to retire this team, but I'll give them a chance to defend the title at least.

(Ironically this is probably my least favourite team that I've fielded in the RPS leagues.)

Congratulations!

Quote Originally Posted by mrpier View Post
    Season 38 champions: Gentlebeasts

Thanks for that groovy! :-)

I was going to retire this team, but I'll give them a chance to defend the title at least.

(Ironically this is probably my least favourite team that I've fielded in the RPS leagues.)
    Congrats Mr P!

Nice to see a new name on the trophy.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Tzeentchian Spirit (Elf) vs Viz (Chaos)
    Golly gosh. I was on the good side of 700 TV difference against Rumple's Fellas from Viz for the ultimate match of no consequence (Rump could neither be first nor last and I'm a filler.

But consequences it had. Rump chose to receive after the flip and gracefully secured the ball with his +AG Beast man, due to a Mino MNG Rumps Chaos chaps were actually struggling to get good hits in against my pro elf guard wall. But the cage formed and pushed steadily down field, a Frenzy Blodge Prostep Elven Blitzer introduced a beast man in the Elven backfield to the crowd and the next turn killed the other backfield beast man. What followed was not so much the Chaos cage being pierced as it was completely disassembled. The ball ended up in Elven hands and a lightning bolt knocked out the hyperproblodgestepfrenzy Blitzer who proceeded to sleep out the entire game. The ball was scooped up by another Blitzer who had 4 2+ rolls with no reroll to score and ended the first drive at the end of the half.
    Despite scoring the Elven Tzeentch worshippers received and by golly it went like clockwork, the guard wall pushed over the heavy line of warriors and handed off the ball to an LOS catcher who ran out of range of a blitz and was screened, using a blitz and a few gfi the chaos managed to trap the catcher with 2 markers against the crowd, but another catcher who ran down the opposite wing to catch a touchdown pass and the nerves of steel made light of the marked catchers situation getting me a 2+ pass touchdown.

The cas situation started to pile up, but it was the elves chain blocking and gang fouling which added to by a completely absent referee resulted in 2 dead and one niggled beastmen along side a few BH.

The third Elven touchdown by the.. Yeah, it was one of those games was a dedicated effort to move the ball down my left flank by the chaos mans, knocked free handed to a right winger catcher who was promptly shoved around and (I think knocked out) then the supporting elves shoved the beast aside and scored again. The elves scattered and one got surfed (oops) and was cased, but despite the pow being rolled the gfiing chaos warrior made no SPP because the crowd did the hard work.

3-0 to the Tzeentchian Spirits who drift back into the ether of filler stand by with 4 level ups.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Lesser Hivemind Node cyberpunkdreams's Avatar
    Poor old Rumpel's not been having a good time recently...
    My Arsenal of Democracy AAR: The British Empire
    Seeking alpha testers for a StoryNexus cyberpunk RPG.

I'll be sitting next season out on account of multiple trips limiting my available play time for the next few weeks. I've updated the spreadsheet to reflect this.

... or possibly I've updated the spreadsheet to indicate that my team is made out of cheese, can never be entirely sure with that thing.

Quote Originally Posted by cyberpunkdreams View Post
    Poor old Rumpel's not been having a good time recently...
    when you roll the die you live with the result, or die as the docs reroll also kills you.

Been through and validated any outstanding matches and ended the seasons where appropriate. Four matches are still unplayed:

Frenzorz v Gorm - Scheduled for today
    Keikan v BigC - admin win for Keikan as opponent unavailable
    Sinister Agent v SWG - extension granted for today.
    Alini v Dan111 - No response from Dan in group thread so unless we hear otherwise by the end of today this is an admin win for Alini.

​SEASON WILL END TODAY!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sinister agent's Avatar
    Div E seems to have gone all wonky in the spreadsheet. I haven't touched anything as I don't want to make it worse, but it looks like someone's removed Dan and that's upset the match record somehow. I was adminned a win on week 1, lost 3-0 to Alini in week 2, it's saying some CRAZY LIES.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sinister agent's Avatar
    Talking Scales (Liz, Sin) 3, Rats Volerminous (Ska, SWG) 0.

Nuffle hates filler. The Scales had their first great game of... well, ever, as the block dice smiled merrily on almost every block they threw, which with 6 Saurusesesi on the pitch (two with MB) and vulnerable rats everywhere, meant a lot of stargazing for the Volerminous ones. The Lizards received and, despite leaving foolish gaps for the nippy skaven to dart into and attack the carrier several times, managed to push a few rats off the pitch or just out of the way, and rode the wave of good dice up the left flank for a touchdown.

The Rats received and ploughed into the improvised reverse wedge defence of the Scales, but their rat ogre failed to bring the pain, and with only one gutter runner they just didn't have the page or agility to get round the wall of blue muscle. The skinks fouled the ogre (double 1s, woo), stole the ball, and scampered up the pitch despite a bold pickup and clearance throw from a rat lineman. He got a smack in the mouth for his trouble as the skinks ran in for a second while the big blues stood guard over the mostly prone rodents.

A blitz at the kick off gave the lizards another head start on top of their number advantage and overwhelming strength with the Rat Ogre out injured to a Saurus kicking. They charged up the left side again, this time ignoring the stormvermin invading their half, and brought it to 3 - 0, as the stormvermin consoled themselves by beating up the skink sweepers. For shame!

A fun game, and a great result for the fledgling lizards as several of them get their first and one their second level, but I can't put it down to anything but really lucky dice. One lizard has block, and somehow they were still able to dominate the blocking with barely any bad rolls.

Plantagenet Alliance (Und, me) 1 - 2 Cheese it!!! (Ska, Gorm)

A fun if rather messy game involving a lot of rain and more than a few punches. The Alliance received and drove the ball up before stalling along the sideline, midway into the skaven half. A scuffle ensued, with a few rats and one rather annoying rat ogre flying off the pitch, and it was looking like the Alliance might just recover the ball when a +1 agi +1mv stormvermin dodged out with the ball through two tacklezones, around the whole ruck, and passed it to a gutter runner who ran it in for a touchdown. James the Vain desperately tried to follow, but tripped over his own face.

The second half went from bad to worse for the Plantagenets as the rats flooded their half with gutter runners and held back for a long throw. Split between going for the ball carrier and marking the runners, the undead tried to do both and didn't really accomplish either. A cool pass and catch from runner to runner (-1 tackle zone, -1 rain, but +1 agi) and a couple of dodges gave a second TD to the rats.

Knowing they'd lost, the Plantagenets stormed out for a final hoorah. Rats flew everywhere, mostly resulting in a heap of KOs and a few crowd pushes, but poor Edgar the Peaceful suffered a smashed collar bone after being propped up in front of Stilton the rat ogre. A turn 16 touchdown by William the Conqueror didn't win them the game, but it won them some honour back.

A good enjoyable game overall though. No important injuries for either side, plenty of spps all round, and a much welcome demotion ensured for the Plantagenets. It's a shame the expensive combination of a halfling chef, a wizard and Nekbrekerekh didn't really pay off much, but the x2 Bloodwiesers at least helped keep the game rolling until the final whistle.
    I occasionally write things on this website. You can read these things by clicking this thing:
    www.teamsao.com

Div 1: Dread Pool (DElf, Screwie) vs. Read in Tooth and Claw (Necro, me)

Simple maths lay behind this match: anything other than a defeat guarantees promotion for Claw. Initially the Pool had a thin roster of 11 players that still cost enough to give away 210 in inducements for Claw. Nekbrekerekh was tempting (there's a lot of wrestle on the DElfs and no sure hands, so his juggs/strip ball/block combo would play very nicely) but 10k out of reach so Claw went down the fouling route instead, hiring an extra zombie and aiming for a babe and a bribe as inducements. As it turned out the tricksy DElfs tinkered with their roster just before the game by hiring another lineman. With the zombie already paid for it was too late to do anything cunning, so Claw simply upgraded their plan and went for two bribes instead.

Claw won the toss and chose to kick, placing the ball near the left edge half way into the DElf field. Having set up asymmetrically to the right Pool stuck with their plan, but a short pass to shift the ball into cover was fumbled leaving it on the floor but just out of Claw's reach. Trying to do two things at once most of Claw piled into the DElfs while the two wolves raced through and got tackle zones on the ball. As a threat his proved about as intimidating as a wet paper bag - one wolf was blocked down while the other was injured off the field on a blitz (happily regened), but somehow picking the ball up proved too much of an ask for the Ag5 runner who instead bounced it into the hands of a skill-less line-elf. Pausing only to foul a blitzer off the field Claw continued the pressure on the ball, but all three blitz dice on the mook came up push.

Keen to escape the DElfs tried to engineer a gap, but with their blocking coming up rather lacklustre they just did what elfs normally do and abused the hell out of Ag4 instead. Lessons had clearly not been learnt from earlier though as the blitzer failed his catch in a tackle zone, spilling the ball again. Claw surrounded it as best they could and when a single dice blitz skulled out for a Witch early in Pool's turn they grabbed their opportunity, the remaining wolf picking it up and sprinting away as the rest of his teammates covered every elf they could reach. It wasn't enough to stop a Witch dodging through a tackle zone and into space to get three block dice on the carrier, but she couldn't down him and he slipped away the following turn.

Here Claw messed up badly: faced with either a 2+ pass or 2+ GFI to get the ball to a wight who could escape out of reach the wolf went for the throw to earn an SPP, only to watch in horror as a nearby blitzer blocked the pass and moved up to get a tackle zone on both him and the wight. Despite this the pass and catch were made, albeit with a re-roll, and the wight successfully dodged away - only to realise moments later that the blitzer had diving tackle and anything other than a 5 or 6 would've sent him to the floor and caused a turn over. Thanks to the pass block the wight was no longer out of blitzing range either, but once again the single block dice came up skull. Sometimes Nuffle smiles on the brave, other time she smiles on the stupid, but for now at least there was nothing Pool could do other than curse their luck as Claw ran it in on the following turn.

The DElf's still had two turns to equalise before half time, something they set out to do with a vengeance. Nuffle continued her fickle ways: not only did the ball land next to a DElf runner, the crowd made their unhappiness known by chucking a rock at the golem facing most of the asymmetrically arranged elfs. Tacking full advantage Pool pressed down the flank, quickly getting the ball to the MA8 witch who ran deep into Claw's half screened by four of her colleagues. Claw had two options: either screen off the advance with a combination of sidestep and stand firm, or press into the elf screen and get a tacklezone on the witch. Discretion proved the better part of valour and the undead went for their own screen: when the elf blitz failed to down the sidestepping wolf there were no options left for the witch but a succession of unlikely dodges which quickly sent her to the floor, leaving it 1-0 at half time.

Receiving in the second half Claw suddenly got their own dose of the incompetents, turning over early with a two dice scrimmage block that knocked out the offending zombie and left a gaping hole in the lines. Sure enough the elfs rushed through, downing a nearby wolf and threatening the ball. Scrambling backwards Claw constructed three quarters of a cage, but when the Ag4 wolf failed to escape a diving tackler (knocking himself out in the process) a juicy gap was left for the DElfs to get two of their irritating sidestep/tackle/diving tackle gits next to the carrier. All was not yet quite lost - the ball could still be saved with a hand off, but true to form the catch was dropped even with a re-roll (though the ghoul didn't knock himself out doing it, which was a step up from the previous turns). A couple of turns shoving and pushing ensued but the result was inevitable: Claw had no hope of escaping their markers or getting the ball, while Pool had all the tools they needed to secure it and make good their escape. After a brief stall they ran it in on turn 13, levelling the match with three turns to play.

The next drive started well for Claw with an extra re-roll, improved further as the ball was secured then went through the roof as two elf's were KO'd. Pool played cautiously, getting a witch through to threaten the carrier but otherwise hanging back, but smelling an opportunity Claw made a rapid dash down the field, handing the ball off to a wolf and caging in the middle of the DElf half. With danger looming the DElfs opened their turn with a one dice block, only to see their last chance dashed as it came up skull again. With an open route to the endzone the wolf sprinted through and pulled Claw back into the lead on turn 16. A one turn touchdown was possible for the elfs, but with Claw spread across the backfield they allowed their vicious nature to shine by molesting the zombies left on the scrimmage. 2-1 to Claw at full time then, guaranteeing them a another shot in the champs.

This was a match that was completely ruled by the capriciousness of the dice. The first offensive drive from each team completely fell to pieces (both of us used all three of our re-rolls in the first three turns of our drives, generally re-rolling 2+'s or two dice blocks). What really decided the match was my outrageous luck in scoring my first touchdown: I should've checked where the pass blockers were but in the heat of the moment I forgot, only to manage a 3+/4+/5+ string of rolls to escape anyway. Overall the dice were pretty even (+1.5 for me, 0 for Screwie on the D6, with 49% successful blocks to 47%), though the 2D6 were stacked against me (-12 to +9.5) - the witches in particular shrugged off numerous MB hits and gang fouls (fouling was only moderately effective throughout the match, securing one valuable early injury but nothing notable after that). That's only half the story though: even if the luck was similar overall it was the specific rolls that failed which dictated things, and on the whole Screwie came out worse there (especially on one dice blocks - overall Pool rolled fewer skulls than average, but nearly all of them popped up on one dice hits without re-rolls). I'd rather be lucky than good though, and a clean sweep of a season is as good a platform to take on the champs as you could hope for. Onwards!
    Last edited by NieA7; 14-07-2014 at 01:10 AM.

Final game in Group E has now been adminned in Alini's favour so the season has now finished. I've ended all seasons in game so will just await Groovys division draw for the next season.