Page 349 of 375 FirstFirst ... 249299339347348349350351359 ... LastLast
Results 6,961 to 6,980 of 7498
    Matchday rolled forward for all divs except C and D. Two games still outstanding:

Rumpel v Jclooth - house move? Admin win for Rumpel unless I hear otherwise.
    Pimpwizard v SWG - Admin win for SWG unless I hear otherwise.
    Global Warping (Skaven) - RPS Divisions of Death Champions Seasons 34-36

I haven't heard from Earth forwarding a message from Pimpwizard, so i'm guessing he's not about.

Quote Originally Posted by Vexing Vision
    My Violet Witches sacrificed to Nuffle before facing the Leaflickers in Division B, and it paid off. Bringing in a wizard and a bribe (neither of them required with the refs being blind as bats and the wizard throwing a turn 15 lightning bolt which fizzled), the Witches outbashed, outpassed and outdodged the elves left and right, resulting in a ton of broken bones. Wooden bones only, mind you. 4 heavily injured elves (only one of them a loner) and a final score of 4 to 1 to the Amazons.

I was glad to face a reduced elven team though, with one Wardancer and the Treeman out of order for this match.

Apparently there is a live stream of this somewhere.
    The match is here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUhmvUHlA4k except i havent had a chance to link to the highlights yet (that being you trouncing me with TD's and injuries haha!) il get the highlight links sorted tonight if i have time

Champs: Agathis Avengers (WElfs, AgP) vs. Read in Tooth and Claw (Necro, me)

With the wrestle ghoul and MB/tackle wight out of the game things were looking a little grim for Claw, but on the plus side there were around 200k in inducements to play around with. Normally I'd go for a wizard against WElfs due to their squishibility but lacking a wight I turned instead to Nekbrekerekh - his St4 and strip ball/break tackle would be handy, but the ace up his sleeve was juggs which looked pretty tasty against the plethora of wrestle on the Avengers.

Claw won the toss and chose to kick, hoping to hunt a few elfs down before they needed to worry about the ball too much. A perfect defence let Claw block up the WElfs asymmetric setup, though the ball landed deep enough that there was no chance of pressuring the thrower who recovered it. Rather than playing a blocking game the WElfs chose to dodge away then run through a hole in the centre of the field, clumping themselves together in an elfy knot with a lone catcher lurking on the far wing. Claw's response was predictable but effective - the lone catcher was marked while the knot was surrounded with both undead and evil intent, a wardancer getting KO'd in the process. Fearing for their own longevity the Avengers accepted Claw's invitation, blitzed the zombie marking the catcher away and made a passing touchdown - 1-0 to the WElfs on turn 2.

The Wardancer stayed down making it 11 v 10, all to the benefit of Claws incredibly subtle plan of "grind down the field killing everything then score on turn 8". Things went pretty well to begin with, the ball safely moved up the edge of the field before switching back to the middle on turn 5, though the AV9 wight was knocked out in the process (and stayed that way for the rest of the match). Here things came a little unstuck: Nekbrekerekh was downed allowing the elfs to mark the carrier. With the clock ticking Claw decided to go for a handoff play to the Ag4 wolf, but with a strip ball wardancer lurking nearby knocking her over was a priority. The other wolf couldn't manage this on either of his two dice frenzy hits, forcing a re-roll that finally did the job. Predictably this meant the handoff was dropped, spilling the ball behind the remains of the necro cage (all to the soundtrack of Claw's coach having a massive hissy fit on the sidelines). The elfs did their elf thing and grabbed it but couldn't run out of reach, allowing one of the wolves to race back and knock the catcher down on turn 7.

Here things got tricksy. The Ag4 wolf had been wrestled to the ground during the Avengers turn - he had enough move to get up and grab the ball but he needed 2 GFI's to get within reach of the endzone. The first ate a re-roll so rather than risk losing the ball altogether the wolf was left one square out of reach of a touchdown. Clicking on the players it seemed only a zombie could make it on turn 8, but there was a trap - the ghoul was within reach as well but had three players directly in front of him, making it look like he was a square short. With the wolf having sidestep the WElfs chose not to risk a blitz putting him within reach of scoring, but they didn't notice the ghoul either and contented themselves with blitzing the zombie up field and screening him. Grabbing their chance Claw went for the hand off to the ghoul and GFI's, all of which were passed without needing a re-roll - 1-1 at half time.

Two of the four knocked out elves recovered, making it 9 v 11 for Claw's second drive. Once again the plan was devastating in its subtlety ("smash elf, score at end"), and once again things went well to begin with. Claw caged up on the scrimmage, but when a wardancer and lineelf who'd been on the steroids (+2 MA, +1 Ag) tried to threaten the side they switched tack, knocked them both down, marched the cage back a few squares and gang fouled the wardancer out of the match. A succession of other fouls followed though none were as effective, leaving it 7 v 9 in Claw's favour by turn 15 thanks to a combination of KO's and sending offs (though a zombie and the treeman were off having a little match of their own well away from the others). By then the ball was caged near the sideline but still on the scrimmage, with the undead in control but unable to make a solid breakout through even the thinned elf lines. Claw had to make their move - a blitz cleared a route for the cage to move forwards while the rest of the team did their best to contain the remaining elfs, but being elfs their best was not enough. Time was running out for the Avengers too, so in desperation the remaining wardancer went for a leaping two against blitz on the carrying ghoul... and skulled out. The ghoul needed a re-roll to make the GFI to score but Nuffle was in a kindly mood and the 2+ was made on the second time of asking, making it 1-2 on turn 16. Crucially the MA10 line-elf stayed unconscious for the final kick off making a 1TTD practically impossible, leaving Claw with the win when the final whistle went.

This was without a doubt one of the tensest games of BB I've ever played. With insanely fast elfs lurking all over every move I made had to be painstakingly considered, and even then I managed to spill the ball once. That touchdown in the first half is what turned the game: it was unlucky that the initial move failed but lucky that the slight of hand with the ghoul worked. As always AgP was a pleasure to play against both tactically and personally, even to the extent of sympathising when I was throwing my toys out of the pram over the failed hand off. A solid match for Claw then, with the two touchdowns and MVP enough to level up the ghoul and get him sidestep. 6 points up with one game to play and the champs is ours to throw away - all we have to do is not lose to Mr Pier's chaos. Who beat Claw 2-1 just six games ago. Oh dear.
    Last edited by NieA7; 16-08-2014 at 12:51 AM.

Give me a heads up when you play that game Nie. I want to watch that.

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by 20phoenix View Post
    Matchday rolled forward for all divs except C and D. Two games still outstanding:

Rumpel v Jclooth - house move? Admin win for Rumpel unless I hear otherwise.
    Yep sorry Rumple, I'm still between places... the next three weekends go like this for me - being the best man at a stag do - moving house again (last time for a while hopefully) - being the best man at a wedding.

So I might need to sit out next season (is this Zs in the sheet?)

Apologies again, I'll try and get my last game done

Quote Originally Posted by Jclooth View Post
    Yep sorry Rumple, I'm still between places... the next three weekends go like this for me - being the best man at a stag do - moving house again (last time for a while hopefully) - being the best man at a wedding.

So I might need to sit out next season (is this Zs in the sheet?)

Apologies again, I'll try and get my last game done
    Thanks for the heads up. Have adminned the final two games of MD2 as listed above.

MD3 is a go!! Season ends 24th August

On another admin note I have set Sirblood to a Z for next season. Having not played either of his games to date I'm pretty sure he's not interested.

Quote Originally Posted by 20phoenix View Post
    Give me a heads up when you play that game Nie. I want to watch that.
    We're set for Tuesday at 2030BST.

Lesser Hivemind Node cyberpunkdreams's Avatar
    Last chance to join the ReOpen's first season! We're one team down at the moment.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/foru...The-RPS-ReOpen
    My Arsenal of Democracy AAR: The British Empire
    Seeking alpha testers for a StoryNexus cyberpunk RPG.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LowKey's Avatar
    I'll be dropping out after this season, Z in the speadsheet, thanks for the games you lovely lot!

Lesser Hivemind Node cyberpunkdreams's Avatar
    In other news, the Black Bombers take the Division D title by beating SWG's ghouls, wights, etc. 4-0, giving them a completely clean sheet this season and their first ever legitimate promotion. Yes, that's right, the little green guys beat the undead horrors 4-0, after defeating both lizards and high elves in an unbroken run.

LowKey - sorry to see you go!
    My Arsenal of Democracy AAR: The British Empire
    Seeking alpha testers for a StoryNexus cyberpunk RPG.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mrpier's Avatar
    Gentlebeasts defended their champs title against NieA7's Read in tooth and claw.

The beasts won 2-0 in a match where I pretty much felt in control the whole time, helped immensely by being a couple of players over throughout most of the match and poor block dice for the necro-team. First half the necromantic attack stalled out and I retrieved the ball in the middle of the half, scoring on turn 8. Second half was a bashy drive upwards and score on turn 14 or 15.

Guess this team will take another season in the divisions :-)

Yeah, it was horrible. Apparently something like 38% of my block dice were successful, while my armour was sub-par and the Chaos were on fire - I lost at a player each turn for the first four turns of each half. Total wash out from my point of view, nothing really worked for me and nothing really failed for MrPier (though not least because he played a very tight positional game behind his wildly successful block game). This is the second time that's happened against the Gentlebeasts: their comeuppance will be dreadful to behold when it catches up with them...

Well played MrPier, congrats on defending your title!

Hope to see you back some time LowKey!

Congrats MrP on back to back victories! Real men do it in threes.....

Didnt get to watch it in the end as I went to watch some monkeys fight instead.

hi jclooth,
    i didn't hear from you in the subforum or steam yet. so it looks like you are kinda busy. so can you just give a short reply if there is a day where we could play (no friday, and saturday is also problematic for me)?
    diplo

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by erfolgsdiplomat View Post
    hi jclooth,
    i didn't hear from you in the subforum or steam yet. so it looks like you are kinda busy. so can you just give a short reply if there is a day where we could play (no friday, and saturday is also problematic for me)?
    diplo
    Pm him, he might get an email.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ChainsawHands's Avatar
    The Flaming Balls were up against Axler's Elfy MooPoo last night for the div 2 decider, with Axler needing a win to take the division. Come turn 16 things were not looking good: some excellent defending from Axler and an inability to cause enough injuries had left the gloriously-hatted Balls 1-0 down, and to score they needed: a 2D block to knock down a (DT sidestep) wardancer; a BT bull to make a 2+ dodge then 3 GFIs (with sure feet); then the (+AG, dodge) ball carrier to make a 3+ dodge, another 3+ dodge, a 2+ dodge, and a 3+ pass to the bull... in the rain, so the catch was a 5+. I mean, I had a reroll, but still... it looked like I had no chance of scoring. I gave it a go, though, and it turned out that all I had to do... was bolieve!

Didn't even need the reroll.

Following that total elfy moopoo on my part (about 16% chance with the reroll), Axler tried for a 1TTD but an elf failed a dodge and strained his groin: a triumphant 1-1 victory to me, and a return to the champs for the Flaming Balls.

MD3 for the Ogres was a 3-1 loss to BigCs woodies. Didnt really harbour much hope of winning it in honesty and so it proved. BigC scored early then the Ogre drive was disrupted by some elfy shenanigans. Thanks to a few boneheads I couldnt protect the ball very well in the first turn of my second drive and elfies recovered the ball and scored again. Their numbers were being pruned reasonably well though so I was eventually able to get a consolation Ogre TD at the end. I think tier 2 was a step beyond this team at the moment!!

Any chance of a validation in Div A? It looks like I've somehow managed to win the league and got a couple of levels in the process. I think I'll hold off on rebooting while this current change in form continues. I'm also celebrating getting through a whole three matches without having a Wight die on me!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus groovychainsaw's Avatar
    Alright everyone - after the bank holiday weekend, I've realised we're supposed to have finished the season! So... let's wrap up, a couple of games don't have scores in the sheet so get them played tonight or tomorrow or they'll be defaulted! We'll then get the draw going....