Page 36 of 375 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686136 ... LastLast
    So, shit, in the middle of match with Dr. Axler (who was easily handling me before this point) and managed to hit some keyboard shortcut to pull up a FPS + Gui_Submit panel. I don't know how to get it off the screen, and I'm not able to move the camera view with it on there. Anyone know the shortcut for this?

edit: found it, oddly enough in the RPS open thread. lol
    Last edited by Eard; 10-02-2013 at 07:11 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    What was it?
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

The key left of the right Ctrl, looks like a menu context button.

Oh fuck that debug screen. That came up for me during a match and I selected "exit" to close the panel, but it exited the game instead. Awesome

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Division A week 3

Red Skull Reavers (Pres Weasel's Chaos Mans) 2 - 1 Ankle Biters (Drawlien's Dwarfelves)

With the dwarfs dodging around the place with the agility of particularly annoying bearded gazelles, and with the Death Roller proving impossible to more than stun despite hitting it with claw and then stamping on it, the match went right down to the very last turn, where a no rerolls left catch allowed me to run in the winning touchdown.
    More importantly, I killed a dwarf!

My Norse are withdrawing from the league on the grounds that they are fucking hopeless. 2 games in a row being beaten up by elves says it all.

I just can't cause any casualties which for a bashy team means glacially slow progression and frustration. I have caused 1 injury in my last 3 games...
    Last edited by palindrome; 10-02-2013 at 10:33 PM.

Network Hub
    The last game of Week 2 for Div H is played, 2 - 0 to my HElves due to concession. Palindromes Norse didn't seem to be able to get much done, unfortunately.
    Last edited by Web Cole; 10-02-2013 at 11:14 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Seems a shame to just give up. Might as well play your third game.

Lesser Hivemind Node cyberpunkdreams's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by President Weasel View Post
    Seems a shame to just give up. Might as well play your third game.
    Aye, you never know what will happen. I was just about ready to retire my gobbos, only for them to draw their last two matches (goblin throws galore!) and roll the most useful skill-ups I've had so far. My last match, against Everblue, was a thing to behold really. Much craziness all round.

Quote Originally Posted by palindrome View Post
    My Norse are withdrawing from the league on the grounds that they are fucking hopeless. 2 games in a row being beaten up by elves says it all.

I just can't cause any casualties which for a bashy team means glacially slow progression and frustration. I have caused 1 injury in my last 3 games...
    I've had a similar horrendous start to my DElf career with both games seeing half my team in the injury box and an MVP going to a star player. It's got to be worth seeing if either of our luck can turnaround for our final match. It will be a clash of Crapness the likes of which the world has never seen. If you still can't injure my glass boned, paper armoured Elves then by all means send your team to the scrap heap, but you should give a shot anyway.

They are certainly getting retired. I have played 8 games now and both of my werewolves and one of my berserkers are still level 1 (2 of them don't even have a single SPP). Matches just aren't fun as my team isn't improving and AV 7 really doesn't help. I'll play my last game if you want but I reserve the right to conceed when it starts to go tits.

Network Hub
    I would say don't retire a team due to SPP, you will get that. Retire the team if you aren't enjoying it, a different team might be better, I also understand retiring a team if it gets Nuffled with several deaths.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    They are certainly getting retired. I have played 8 games now and both of my werewolves and one of my berserkers are still level 1 (2 of them don't even have a single SPP). Matches just aren't fun as my team isn't improving and AV 7 really doesn't help. I'll play my last game if you want but I reserve the right to conceed when it starts to go tits.
    Concession if you aren't having fun is pretty poor form (especially when "fun" equates to killing your opponent's players). It's not just you who's interested in the game - how about your opponent who makes time available to play you? Man up, take the pain, foul like a bastard and just see it through.

Network Hub
    Ooops, wrong thread...
    Last edited by Web Cole; 11-02-2013 at 12:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Everblue View Post
    Concession if you aren't having fun is pretty poor form (especially when "fun" equates to killing your opponent's players). It's not just you who's interested in the game - how about your opponent who makes time available to play you? Man up, take the pain, foul like a bastard and just see it through.

The game had lasted over an hour and it was only turn 10.

Norse are volatile, that AV7 means that a wave of bad luck can see the player ratio, and I went out of my way to cause harm in our game wary of my own AV7.

By all means quit them after this season, not all teams are for all players, but give them a chance to impress you. A few good block rolls early on and you'll have cleared half of the pitch and +AG on a thrower or runner will turn your team into demi-elves who have blanket block equipped.

I must admit, Norse are not my preference for team, I'mm more of an undead/necro player at heart but *DEAR NUFFLE* do zombies take a long time to develop. You are essentially dependant on MVP for them to even get block/wrestle while the ghouls level up and then die whole careers and the zombies are lucky to get a single SPP from a game (freak intercepts HONESTLY were a considerable part of my zombies SPP). After 18 or so games you end up with an impressive line of Block/wrestle+(one other skill) and that's your lot for them, until they will inevitable die.

Mummies will level up quite alot, but with only S access they'll not be very exciting, ghouls die alot and Wights are your real long term prospects for an exciting player, unless you get +ST on a ghoul, then you can actually protect them enough to keep them alive.

SPP isn't really a big part of an undead/necro team outside of wights/werewolves, mostly you are looking at developing your strategy and play style(no-one expects a pro zombie to pass!).

Then I went elves were you are constantly firefighting your budget, injuries and TV bloat (actually an interesting set of choices). The only team I discourage you try is dwarves because they are dull as dish water.

The game had lasted over an hour and it was only turn 10.
    Most games take 90-120 minutes, so turn 10 after an hour isn't unusual.
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

Steam = potatoedoughnut

[RPS] Clone High

The reason I mentioned my lack of SPP is that my berserkers and werewolves should be the muscle in my team and their complete lack of SPP gives a good indication of just how good they are. My highest level player has 11 SPP.

My single player team is relatively decent but my online team is simply not working and is no fun to play, which after all is the point of a game. I certainly don't think that it is bad form to concede after an hours play when I have no hope of winning with a team that I will be retiring ASAP. If I could have let the AI take over I would have but there was no way that I was going to sit through another hour of that match.
    Last edited by palindrome; 11-02-2013 at 09:05 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Bash players can be annoyingly slow to level sometimes, casualty SPP is very unreliable. Unless they're AG 1 or a big guy (with big guy problems), I usually try and get them a TD or two to speed things up.

Sometimes a team does just hit a slump and never seems to get anything right - whether or not that's actually true is irrelevant if the owner feels they're cursed (I retired my previous DoD team way back for the same reason).

On your mention of being "outbashed by elves"; one team were Dark Elves, which often can and do play the bashy role against lightly-armoured opponents. And the other team was, well, Heliocentric... he does that. Your next opponent may not be so bloodthirsty, being both high elves and not-Helio. Best of luck against them. Hopefully your team can retire on something of a high note!

He (palidrome) actually faces the Delves next, I did my best to mangle them in day 2 but they still look capable.

But the dice are fickle, facing a slightly basher side does not mean you'll get slightly more bashed.

Just as a complete aside I am really enjoying the elven versatility. Elven catchers are probably to populous in my team at the moment (I'm at 12 men with all positionals and one lineman mng). But to be honest I'd take the speed over a deeper bench at the moment anyway.

But I can't but wonder what if all this team value will be an anchor around the teams neck. Afterall all the blodge in the world is no protection from a wizard.

If it all goes to he'll I'll go orc take the Bombardier star and try a AV9 team next.