Page 38 of 375 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888138 ... LastLast
    Cheers for the tips, didn't realise it was so cheap with LE so I've picked it up. Look forward to playing with you folks!

Sorry I forgot to fill in the spreadsheet. I think that means Div K can be moved on.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    *polite cough* And Division A, as well.

(Sorry I want my SPP shineys!)

Network Hub
    Hi everyone,
    It was suprising that I didn't try this game before. Hope not to get extremely stomped :)
    See you on the field.
    Last edited by Pirate; 13-02-2013 at 01:54 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Welcome...

Quote Originally Posted by Screwie View Post
    *polite cough* And Division A, as well.

(Sorry I want my SPP shineys!)
    Done............

Network Hub
    Classic Cyanide apothecary mistake on my most valuable ex-player.

Activated Node
    Hello friends. I'm looking to join the league with a lizard team uninspiredly called The Philosoraptors. I'm going to add my arse to the spreadsheet, but wanted to say hi first. And I already failed, since I said 'hello'.

Hey Sandman, welcome to the Divs.

Division 2: Read in Tooth and Claw (Necro, me) vs. Primordial Stew (Nurgle, Jolima)

Jolima's wizard killed my Ag4 ghoul. A game happened either side of that, but nothing of importance occurred.

Dammit.
    Last edited by NieA7; 13-02-2013 at 11:29 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    After leading handily pre-disconnection cyanide fix the connection issue and then I proceed to lose 3 - 2 webcole and to add insult rolls +st on a blitzer... Worst of all? Because I did "quite well" in the division despite not winning overall, I'll probably get promoted and end up facing other St4, AG4 blodge bastards.... BLAH... Piss.

It was a good match and well played, indeed it was the most elfy game I have played, screens formations etc,

Ah well, at least the only injury I suffered (a death) was healed by the apothecary, so now I start my next game with 12 players, someone on the bench? That's a freaking milestone.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Lesser Hivemind Node cyberpunkdreams's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    That's a freaking milestone.
    It is indeed for an elf team. I'm such an elf coach that I still can't quite get to grips with the idea of having spare money in the bank​.

Network Hub
    I had wanted to leverage my armour advantage a bit more, but it turned into a very Elfy game indeed. I'm definitely not used to Elves v Elves, and that d/c game was probably what I needed to find my feet a bit, unfortunately for Helio. Close game, and a challenging one, gg wp :)

(Also yay for ST4 Blitzer ;) )

Quote Originally Posted by Web Cole View Post
    (Also yay for ST4 Blitzer ;) )
    Dead in 2 games or nuffle is losing its nerve.

Activated Node
    Tried to play my Division C match with Joeyjojojuniorshabadoo (Agathis Avengers vs The London Silly Nannies), but after just a couple of turns my system decided it needed to randomly crash. Could an admin please reset the match so that we can have another shot at it later in the week. Cheers.
    Last edited by AgP; 14-02-2013 at 02:40 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 20phoenix View Post
    Done............
    Thank you kindly!

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Track and Field (Jiiiiim) v (Alistair Hutton) Altdorf Army

The army was giving up millions in inducements and those inducements were spent on Zara, some babes and a cursed Wizard.

The ARmy kicked and then Blitzed getting a player under the ball. He was promptly hit but the Amazon's displayed some comedy handling and a crazy pass was attempted that went to ground. The Army cleared away the lovely ladies around it and all that was aneeded was a pickup with Reroll and a GFI for the defensive touchdown. Pickup failed. One of those games.

Eventually the Amazon's got the ball free and had all my players tied up so a couple of suicide blitz were attempetd. The first succesful but with the Amazon to Human ratio around the ball to high they got it free again and the second suicide blitz failed at the first dodge and the Amazon's scored on turn 8.

The Army then also scored on turn 8. Oh yes, even without Grayland I have the 1 turn touchdown tech. 5 Blocks and 3 dodges at -2,-1 and normal plus a GFI all without a reroll.

Into the second half and I was determined to maul the ball down the field for 8 turn to close the game out. Some overly resilient Amazonians (despite my 3 tackle players attempting to lay the smack down) meant that I couldn't secure a solid enough cage in the Amazonian half - and with the fear of the unused Wizard hanging over me I ran in a score through some slack defence on turn 4.

After kickoff The amazonians received but failed the pickup hard against the sidelines. I sent a harrying threat into the backfield, tried to deal with the two players sent into my own half and put up a decent wall infront of the Amazon's main thrust. One of the two threats was Injured and the harrying threat came _this_ close to pullnig off a 2D against block on the ball carrier but at least kept them hard up agaisnt the touchline and the wall was pretty solid but there was an set of Amazonians loose on the opposite flank. the Amazons broke to that side and threw a pass. Which was not caught.

At this point I went frikkin nuts and did wrong things in wrong order which meant I didn't have a re-roll left to GFI to 2D block the one amazon away from the ball. Instead my Blitzer fell over.

This allowed the Amazons to recover the ball and head down the field with one turn left and used the Wizard to Lightning Bolt the main blitzing threat against the otherwise exposed ball carrier.

Then I go Nuts again and on my final turn move a blitzer into the middle of the backfield affecting nothing rather than marking up the one free player that can assists the ball carrier. As aresult I try some risky chain blocking to get a TZ on the support player but fail.

A blitz removes the only player I had marking up the ball carrier and the game tying touchdown is scored on turn 8 of the second half. Gutting.

Now I need a win against Mad Dave's terrifying Nurgle mans to get promotion.

Changed team to humans because, being out of practice, maybe jumping right back in with darned elves isn't the brightest idea. Sorry if this buggers anything up!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ChainsawHands's Avatar
    Elves are awesome; humans suck.

Quote Originally Posted by ChainsawHands View Post
    Elves are awesome; humans suck.
    *flips the horns and runs around*
    Wooooooooooooooo!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Human Mans are not who I'd suggest for someone out of practice. Some sort of half-decent-armour elfs: Posh Elfs or Goth Elfs. Ag4 is wonderfully forgiving, and AV8 will keep enough of them alive long enough. There are plenty of high elf slots available whereas Humans are full, which is wierd.
    Kenwyne, you should be fine to choose humans except in the unlikely event an existing player decides to reboot to them (which would be wierd).