Page 44 of 321 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494144 ... LastLast
    He did

Never felt so ridiculously helpless in a game before, the dice just never let up so I tried ridiculous things which obviously didn't work.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jiiiiim View Post
    Never felt so ridiculously helpless in a game before
    WELCOME TO BLOODBOWL(TM)

*I know you've probably played bloodbowl before me but my point is still valid
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

I know, I know. I mean in a game of bloodbowl, though >_>

That said, Cacamas pushed his advantage extremely well, tied everyone up in such a way that I had to use dice.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by sadface View Post
    So my foray into being a Skaven coach has not gone well this first season with three losses, down two lineman and now the Rat Ogre getting - Str. I still need time to learn to play Skaven so not ready to give up trying just yet, however with only one level up (Stormvermin), not many SPP overall and 70k in the treasury, should I just start a new team?
    Donít underestimate the value of that skill on a Storm Vermin. Getting them up to 16spp is a real priority early on for rats and youíve not lost anything that matters.

A good rule for assessing team viability is looking at where you should be after the recovery game rather than after the kicking. You have a skilled SV, a Gunner who should level in the next match and with 70k in the bank no matter what happens youíll have the cash to buy that desperately needed third Gunner. At that point you are not looking in bad shape for a young rat team, and that is assuming you donít get the chance to skill that 5spp linerat.

Personally Iíd keep that team but if you are really determined to go the Rat Ogre path starting afresh would make some sense in the context of that lunacy :)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Yeah stormvermin level very slowly compared to gutter runners so I would try and keep him. Although I would ditch the Rat-Ogre and save up for another, ST 4 for that cost is not worth it.

Depending on how many players that leaves you with, and your opposition next season, it may well be viable to coast by with some journeymen linerats for a bit while you save up.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Yeah, there's no way you should keep the rat ogre. However it might be worth persevering with the team, as it can still be salvaged. Thing is, playing skaven, you're probably going to find yourself in this situation again. Whether with the current team or with a new one, you'll have matches that leave a team full of MNG holes and career enders and deads. A guard stormvermin and a bunch of loners might actually work out better than a new team - rat linemen exist to stand and get punched, and then stand up again, and loners can do that better.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Do you take guard as first skill on a 'vermin? Or tackle/mighty blow. Genuine question.

I'm rerolling to Chaos Dorfs next season can someone take a quick look and check I've updated the spreadsheet correctly?

Quote Originally Posted by Everblue View Post
    Do you take guard as first skill on a 'vermin? Or tackle/mighty blow. Genuine question.
    If the first roll is a double I'd take claw, followed by MB and tackle. Otherwise I'd take guard.
    I occasionally write things on this website. You can read these things by clicking this thing:
    www.teamsao.com

Quote Originally Posted by frenz0rz View Post
    If the first roll is a double I'd take claw, followed by MB and tackle. Otherwise I'd take guard.
    This. If you roll a double, make an incredibly valuable killer bastard piece. If not, then sweet jeebus you're horribly short of strength through the team and you should get some guard in there. A couple of high movement guard pieces can make a hell of a difference.

Axler: looks fine.
    That makes two existing chaos dwarf players and two rebooting; one more slot if anyone wants the fun little bastards next season. So much better than dwarf dwarfs.
    Last edited by President Weasel; 22-02-2013 at 11:10 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Guard is a bit less fun than mighty blow, isn't it?

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Everblue View Post
    MB unless you can find a reason not to. Tackle is the only other standard skill I’d take under normal circumstances but in a developed team a case can be made for guard. The key is maximising your chances of the killer. Rushing them to 16spp gives you 4 chances to double which is pretty good odds. If you open with guard a double at 16spp will typically go dodge. Guard/claw is a horrible player for 140k who will struggle to reach 31spp in short order when he can become useful.

Quote Originally Posted by frenz0rz View Post
    Who is he guarding for? Turning 50% of your block into a support player early on is counterproductive. SV in a rookie team should be rolling the majority of the block dice. Guard is a pretty marginal skill on rats in general. If you need it you are doing it wrong imo.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mrpier's Avatar
    Could some Division overlord validate the match between me and Delusibeta in Div. E? I have delicious chaos level-ups.

Lesser Hivemind Node TechnoJellyfish's Avatar
    So ... I've created my team (of the wooden and elvish sort) and put my name and details on that spreadsheet. I guess now it's waiting 'til the current season comes to an end and the new divisions are sorted out, right?

Oh boy ... this is going to go so wrong!

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Welcome Techno. Yep, keep an eye on the thread next week. Groovy will announce the live draw at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by mrpier View Post
    Could some Division overlord validate the match between me and Delusibeta in Div. E? I have delicious chaos level-ups.
    Did it a couple of hours ago :)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Guard is more and safer blocks, guard is more enemies lying prone and less tackle zones.

Hell, if you want to injure your opponents go MB, but don't come crying to me when all your rats get broken.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by TechnoJellyfish View Post
    So ... I've created my team (of the wooden and elvish sort) and put my name and details on that spreadsheet. I guess now it's waiting 'til the current season comes to an end and the new divisions are sorted out, right?

Oh boy ... this is going to go so wrong!
    I'm in the same boat, just waiting to see if I can get into a division next season. Spreadsheet filled in (hopefully correctly..), looking forward to getting horribly beaten and lots of (final) deaths!
    Planetside2 / Firefall: Crustycuffs
    Mechwarrior Online / Blood Bowl: Mrchinchin25
    GuildWars2: Shiifty (Mesmer) Frank Tankborn (Warrior)
    Raptr: mrchinchin25 Steam: mrchinchin25 Origin: ​Crustycuffs

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    Guard is more and safer blocks, guard is more enemies lying prone and less tackle zones.

Hell, if you want to injure your opponents go MB, but don't come crying to me when all your rats get broken.
    I won't be crying, I'll be stroking the DoD championship trophy having run straight through the divisions :)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mrpier's Avatar
    Thanks Zor!

Quote Originally Posted by Zoraster View Post
    I won't be crying, I'll be stroking the DoD championship trophy having run straight through the divisions :)
    Pah, you're arguing from anecdote.
    It's a nice anecdote, I will admit, but even I can get into the championship and had I had spectacularly lucky dice while I was there I could even have won the thing.