Page 46 of 356 FirstFirst ... 3644454647485696146 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    The season ends on Tuesday

Get your games played, or ask for a relatively short extension for a good reason, or I'll default the result. You know I'll do it, I'm surly, embittered, and maddened with admin power.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoraster View Post
    One dwarf slot is currently taken by a filler team so they will be standing down at the end of the season. But yeah, what Helio said :) The Dwarf roster is dull as hell to play so unless you've got a very good reason to torture yourself this way embrace the chance to grab something else.
    Maybe Norse then. I played a lot of them in Chaos League, which is basically the same as Blood Bowl. I'm just a little afraid of the injuries!

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    Maybe Norse then. I played a lot of them in Chaos League, which is basically the same as Blood Bowl. I'm just a little afraid of the injuries!
    Perhaps some Orcs? A good amount of Block, lots of Armour, lots of strength. Alternatively, don't listen to any of these grumpy pants and go with the Dorfs (don't go with the Dorfs, they are hateful).

:P

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    Accidently deleted Rumpel's teamname and forgot about the undo button while putting my name on the sheet, but it probably wasn't as cool as mine anyway. Now what happens, I wait to be assigned a division?

Quote Originally Posted by President Weasel View Post

Get your games played, or ask for a relatively short extension for a good reason, or I'll default the result. You know I'll do it, I'm surly, embittered, and maddened with admin power.
    Laneford and I may need an extension - depends if we can get something arranged for today. He's been away all week so unable to schedule anything up to this point.

Dwarfs are horrible, and dwarf players are always looked on as slightly declasse.
    They're limited, but I purposefully chose them as my first team as it also limited the things I had to think about and learn at the same time.

As for declasee, feel free to come here and say that to our face ^_^

I flaked on my date for the champs loser consolation match with snoozer this morning (funnily enough because I snoozed longer than expected), but we've rescheduled for Wednesday night if we can get a small extension.
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

Steam = potatoedoughnut

[RPS] Clone High

Hrrm, bah, OK.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Hrrm, bah, OK.
    HE HATH SPOKEN AND THE WORD OF THE ADMIN IS LAW.

Was that sarcastic enough? I always find its hard to judge if you've delivered with sufficient sass.

Re Dwarves: The funny thing about them is that they can move the ball and pass if you build for it. But no-one ever really does. Everyone gets obsessed with guard and mighty blow. Don't get me wrong, the 2-1/1-10 grind is sound strategy, but it's boring to live by.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sinister agent's Avatar
    Division G

Your Mother's Nightmares (Amazons, sinister agent) Vs Revellers in Sorrow (Dark Elf, Recoil)

Hoboy. I hoped the girls had it in them, but I didn't really believe it. The game opened with the Amazons electing to receive, and immediately knocking over the elven front line, injuring one. Ball carrier Andra the Sly formed a loose cage off the centre. The elves responded by sending a couple of players deep and marking up. Sensing a ruck, the Nightmares hunker down and start pushing players around, inching the cage up. Galroth tries a ballsy 1 die block on the ball carrier and gets a push, while some inconsequential shoving matches flare up on the sideline, but is exposed to a 3 die block from Elise the Minx, who puts him on the injury table. This opens up a space for Andra to flee with the ball out of elven reach, but of course, she fails the GFI and reroll.

Rising elven star Delekh grabs the loose ball and flings it upfield, but the catch is fluffed. Mel 'the Bell' Turis gathers the loose ball on a reroll, and the elves respond with a kamikaze blitz attempt on -2 dice, which fails. The girls continue to hit and mark up in a nasty diagonal dodge/1 block die zone, which leaves the elves stuck at a disadvantage without much dodge or block now that the amazons have filled up their last blodgey Blitzer slot with Emma, who will kick your head in. I burn a reroll for a block on the last defender, and Mel passes upfield to Petra the nimble, who runs in the first touchdown. 1 - 0!

Delekh of the Revellers receives the kick off in turn 6 and short passes to blitzer Tuern. Another couple of block attempts go badly for the elves, however, and Tuern is left staring into the whites of six Amazonion eyes. Dodging away fails (thus beginning the terrible dodge dice poor Recoil had all night), and the Amazons capitalise by charging in en masse, killing a linesman, which the apothecary rolls into ... another kill. Andra the Sly fails a -1 pickup, the elves fail another dodge, and Andra tries again, succeeding this time and handing off to Deborah the Biter, who runs in the second Amazon touchdown. 2 - 0!

The second half starts with 8 gloomy Elves for 11 bloodthirsty Amazons, with Delekh again receiving and short passing to Tuern, then handing off to a second blitzer, and attempts a 1 die blitz against new girl Emma, who will kick your head in (actually Recoil, I meant to ask what that was all about? Very risky play there for little gain. Elves are agile, sure, but not as agile as Nuffle is cruel).

The Nightmares close in, forcing another dodge from the underguarded ball carrier, which fails. Blitzer Emma burns a reroll for the pickup while the long-term underperformer Mara attempts to begin a career in fouling. But Tuern knocks Emma off her feet, and grabs the ball. An Elf moves deep but is marked by 2 Amazon throwers, while the ball carrier is pinned down by four Amazon players.

Nuffle savours the flavour of another failed elven dodge, the girls bundle the hapless ball carrier, and Mara elects not to foul without support, instead allowing Petra the Nimble to catch the loose ball and run it home. 3 - 0!

Turn 13, and 6 Revellers stare down a stubbornly vertical 11 Nightmares. Delekh again receives the kick off, but this time the pass goes to a clumsy oaf, forcing a very early turnover. Andromeda Neves attempts, and fails a pickup. Delekh attempts, and fails a pickup. Nuffle snorts into his tea, which is essentially boiled tears. While he's distracted, Andromeda grabs the ball and runs deep into Elven territory, while the rest of the team bully the flagging Elves, and catcher Katalin the Tall runs up to support with a passing option, but falls flat on her face after a GFI as Nuffle has wiped up the mess and is back on the case.

Delekh puts on a brave face and attempts a -2 dice block against carrier Andromeda, who's having none of it, and once the other girls continue to bludgeon the surviving Elves with blocks and a sadistic gang foul on Delekh, hands off to a resurgent Katalin the Tall for a fourth and final touchdown.

Turn 16 sees the elves retreating from the kickoff and the liners charging in for one last gang block, but the game is over, save for a well-earned level for Elven passer Delekh. A decisive victory, and some levelled players at last!

4 - 0 to Your Mother's Nightmares! Medical malpractice suit for Elven apothecary!

Lesser Hivemind Node cyberpunkdreams's Avatar
    Great report! :) We so need a competition for these.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Amazons are mean!

Quote Originally Posted by Screwie View Post
    Amazons are mean!
    You love it.

Quote Originally Posted by sinister agent View Post
    You love it.
    Amazon are awesome OP, as long as they never have to face Dwarves... Then they collapse like a house of cards.

The only thing an apoc is good for is getting your BH star player back onto the pitch for the next drive.

"Badly Hurt? I can do you a nice smashed knee?"
    - shut up, idiot, and don't go near my players.

Unless you get off on disappointment, in which case use him on a proper injury and see him inevitably fail to impress, the git.

I'm still new to them (and fairly new to BB in general really), but the feeling I get with Amazons is that their game hinges on knocking everyone over. If you can use that initial charge to outnumber the other team, you're not vulnerable to the counter-attack, which is their biggest weakness due to the low armour. If you don't get the initiative on the attack, you'll lose players to bad dodges or blocks, and then you're screwed.

I really like that they have a little flexibility though, with dodge, throwers and catchers allowing them to try an agility play now and then to keep things interesting, or just try the crazy risky 10-to-1 shot that is, I feel, the heart of blood bowl.

Amazon start with 4 blodge and the other 7 others 1 up from blodge. Amazon are probably one of the less fragile sides, great value replacements too.

The end of the world is nigh!! The four horsemen have been spotted! And Skaven have outbashed Nurgle!! Yes that last bit happened with Laneford being the unfortunate recipient of some residual anti nurgle feelings among the rats after Janeks demolition of the team. 680k in inducements turned out to be good value for money as the merc ogre was generally a nuisance and ate up a few hits that my actual team didnt have to wear. The wizard was more Gandalf than Rincewind as he lay down three corners of the Nurgle cage exposing the carrier and killing a lvl 5 warrior. The exposed carrier didnt stay upright for long and the rats put up a good enough screen to run in the first score. The second Nurgle drive was much more effective as rats completely failed to slow it down until it reached the edge of the endzone. Turn 8 had the ball in a blodgstepping gutters hands who took 9 dice before releasing the ball and a pest was able to grab the ball from under the nose of a linerat and doge in the equaliser. One turn magic was denied by a blitz which was unfortunate as the ball had gone off the pitch.

Second half the skaven went for the quick score but good Nurgle marking closed that route down so the thrower and two vermin bodyguards headed the opposite side instead. A scuffle broke out which lasted 3-4 turns slowly sucking in most the players on the pitch but eventually a loose ball popped out the nurgle side. Nurgle triple marked the ball but it wasn't enough as the rats blitzed one marker away and sent in AG5 gutter to do his thing. He duly obliged and scampered behind a premade screen. A warrior dodge to get to him failed and the gutter scooted over for a second. 3 turns left for Nurgle to equalise and they quickly sent two receivers into the skaven half. An attempted blitz by the beast skulled before the ball had been picked up and the rats had a route to the ball. To make things easier they blitzed a warrior out the way with the ogre who punished this by rolling double both down on the frenzy block. Thankfully the rats had double marked the receivers and although Nurgle managed to clear one, the 1d block to clear the second marking came up a skull and stunned the receiver. The opposite receiver was surfed and that effectively ended the game.

3 casualties in 9 armour breaks compared to 2 in 18 for nurgle tells the story. But GLORIOUS VICTORY! (I still get relegated)

Team has never been in such good shape and is now packing a hefty 1910 TV.

I'm dropping out of the DoD for the forseeable future. Am currently playing tabletop bb with friends, and I don't have time for that and the DoD.

Thanks for the games everyone, it has been great.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    desvergeh is living the dream!

---

Next season's Tier 1 is still looking like a good mix of teams:
    • Snoozer's Dwarfs
    • potatoedoughnut's Necro
    • boots' Lizards
    • PW's Chaos
    • Screwie's Dark Elves
    • smaug's Nurgle
    • groovy's Villains

The only position yet to be decided is Div B, where the close scores mean any of 3 teams could still take it depending on the outcome of the final match:
    • Hutton/Cacamas/MadDave (Hum/Und/Nur)