Page 47 of 324 FirstFirst ... 3745464748495797147 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus ChainsawHands's Avatar
    It looks like the current season of the Open finishes in 3 weeks, so I'm thinking I'll drop out of that and rejoin the Divisions not next season but the one after. Probably with a new team; I'm thinking something bashy.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Two game weeks, which is what, two and a half weeks real time? The Divisions have ten day weeks; the current season finishes on Wednesday and it'll be Monday before we'll have any chance of getting the new season going. You'd only be looking at squeezing two games into one single ten day period once, before the Open ends, and that's even if we can herd the cats into the correct Divisions in a reasonable time period - if you can do that, you can avoid sitting out a whole month waiting for the Divisions to come around again.

Speaking of which, bump for the new page:

The season finishes on TUESDAY with an extension to Wednesday grumble mutter so get your games played.

Sure, that's all very sensible, but I still don't know what team I want to play!

Quote Originally Posted by Screwie View Post
    desvergeh is living the dream!
    Indeed... although 1 person has already started taking it way too seriously!

It's a shame the Cyanide version doesn't allow use of the Dirty Trick, Random Event, and Special Play cards. Although they are undoubtedly unbalanced, I think the trade off is worth it, as they add tremendous humour and variety to the game.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ChainsawHands View Post
    Sure, that's all very sensible, but I still don't know what team I want to play!
    You still have a day and a half! Just make a list of suspects, then roll a dice to decide. Then if you decide "maybe I'll roll again" then it's clearly not that one, so you can cross it off the list.

I might just rank them by estimated elf-deaths per match...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    I might just rank them by estimated elf-deaths per match...
    Wood Elves and Pro Elves are on paper the greatest generators of elf death, but honestly DElves take the crown because of assassins, they cause panic. Try and take as much AV7 as possible and watch the deaths stack up.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Eh, I tried that for ages, but my pro elf team suffered disappointingly light casualties (I think I was losing more chaos players than elves).

I do like assassins though, particularly with jump up as a first skill for added panic but no added protection.

I do like assassins though, particularly with jump up as a first skill for added panic but no added protection.
    Also, frenzy. First block then follow up with a stab.

And obviously multiple block on a double.

Was that ever under dispute?
    A good alternative on a regular at higher TV teams is leap, throwing an assassin into a cage with complete disregard for his welfare.

When the ball carrier is a sure hands blodge surrounded by guard players leap and stab are quite tempting.

Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    complete disregard for his welfare.
    That is how I always play elves.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Of course MultiBlock is awesome, but the Frenzy path is a very good second place if you can't get the double. Obviously with Frenzy you need Block or Wrestle, and the other usual skills to frighten people (Jump Up, Side Step, Dodge or Fend) if they ever get above level 3.

I love it. I might start Delfs just to do this.

Obviously with Frenzy you need Block or Wrestle, and the other usual skills to frighten people (Jump Up, Side Step, Dodge or Fend) if they ever get above level 3.
    Isn't jump up and fend counterproductive if you want to Stab Things Lots (TM)?
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

Steam = potatoedoughnut

[RPS] Clone High

Fend is mostly a means to keep them alive, and to work with Side Step more than Jump Up (although getting all three would be super annoying).

Also Jump Up is an excellent skill for speeding the Dark Elf team up when you give it on linemen, since their main job is to be knocked over. I like to take it for their first or second skill (unless I need a new Kicker or roll doubles).
    Last edited by Screwie; 25-02-2013 at 04:10 PM.

Fend is mostly a means to keep them alive
    And is thus to be avoided at all costs.

Hi everyone, I'm an old tabletop BB gamer coming back from the grave.
    I got LE some time ago but played mostly single player since then as nobody I knew had the damned LE.
    Finally after getting utterly bored with single player, I went online but found that the matchmaking system on open leagues is not for me. I need a bit more chatting and friendly atmosphere.
    I just registered my team on the spreadsheet after registering on this forum and downloaded something called BB manager as you suggested, but I suppose i only need that after I play a game (am i right?).
    Is there anything else required of me to participate in next month's league?

And is thus to be avoided at all costs.
    Keeping them alive means you get to Stab again.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus groovychainsaw's Avatar
    Nope chilly, if you've got LE installed, you're (correctly?) entered on the sheet, you're all set for the upcoming season. Keep an eye in here over the next few days (I always recommend subscribing to the thread to get an email at least once a day of what's going on), the season should be ending tomorrow (barring 1 or 2 stragglers). I'll be looking to perform the *live draw* (in our steam group) to decide places for everyone in each tier later this week, then it's down to everyone to apply to the correct division in-game. BB manager is really only needed if you want to analyse your dice rolls after a game. And who doesn't eh? Phwoar! Everything else is managed either in game or on the sheet.

Welcome to the divisions of death!
    Benevolent dictator of the RPS Blood Bowl Divisions of Death - Join us!

Thanks for the quick reply groovy, just doublechecked everything and should be ok. See all of you in a week or so :).