Page 48 of 371 FirstFirst ... 3846474849505898148 ... LastLast
    Lesser Hivemind Node
    Fly Soup vs Altdorf Army (Division B)

The last time these teams met it was a 1 - 0 victory to the Humans but with plenty of casualties from Fly Soup. For this match read ditto.

A well timed Fireball stopped Soup's drive in the first half and then a wonderfully executed draw play (combined with a very lucky 1d block to injure the Beast) released the Humans for the game winner.

Gunther Hoffenmeister, a founding member of the Army bit it though on a block in the last turn of the game. He'd always been on borrowed time with his Armour 7 for the last 30 games but without his Grab the Army enters a strange new world without either of it's components it uses for the 1 turn touchdown.

Only Manfred Moaner, Awrod the Boss-eyed and Arnuld Wulf left of the original draftees. It's getting lonely here. And still we haven't tasted the Champ league.

Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    Accidently deleted Rumpel's teamname and forgot about the undo button while putting my name on the sheet, but it probably wasn't as cool as mine anyway. Now what happens, I wait to be assigned a division?
    lol, I have re-added it to database.

In order to take a breather from excessive typing I jumped on and and validated a bunch of matches.....followed by a bit of typing.

Division status:

Champs: Both day 3 games outstanding (no one wants to win the title?)
    Div 1: Complete - congrats Janek
    Div 2: Complete - congrats Niea7
    Div A: Complete - congrats Screwie
    Div B: Complete - congrats Hutton
    Div C: Complete - congrats Smaug
    Div D: Groovy v Joose outstanding
    Div E: Ranek v Dentharial outstanding
    Div F: Gorm v Elesium outstanding
    Div G: Complete - congrats Zoraster
    Div H: Complete - congrats Webcole
    Div I: Complete - congrats Corkir
    Div J: Complete - congrats Chadsexington
    Div K: Complete - congrats Axler

Secondary Hivemind Nexus groovychainsaw's Avatar
    Where's my congrats, eh, phoenix? I've already won my division :-).

Well done most chaps for getting your games done by deadline day. Me and Joose are playing tonight and I'll be trying to tidy everything up on the sheet and in-game afterwards, as well as kicking the other 4 to get finished up too.

If you're dropping out, returning, joining or rebooting, PLEASE update the sheet (if you haven't already) with your 'next season' status!!! My current aim is to run the live draw Thurs night, 9pm, then we'll get people applying from then. Tentatively I'd like to get the next season kicked off by the end of the weekend, although that may be a stretch for us orrible lot.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Oh, I hope I get to be in the same Division as Al Hutton. He's pretty awesome.

Network Hub
    Blood Bowl 2 hinted at: https://www.facebook.com/bloodbowlgame

Is 2/3 teams, bug fixing (generous), Star Players (should have been there to begin with) really worth a "2" on the end? /LittleFaithInCyanide

(I should say I'm speculating, there are no details yet. Maybe no bug fixing or Star Players at all then :p )
    Last edited by Web Cole; 26-02-2013 at 04:22 PM.

Network Hub
    I'm going to drop out for a little while guys, give Gorm the win and I'll skip a season or two had a very busy time and got a much busier time coming up with work and things. Sorry about not playing!

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Half my team is broken for the next game thanks to the kicking Fly Soup gave them.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Oh lame

Making it up to 10 letters

Quote Originally Posted by Screwie View Post
    desvergeh is living the dream!
    When/if he returns, he'll be a better player and EAT the Divisions, mark my words.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by squirrelfanatic View Post
    When/if he returns, he'll be a better player and EAT the Divisions, mark my words.
    >_< Yes, board players are bestowed the magical powers to forget to make rolls and misunderstand intricacies of the rules like how shadowing, passblock and dump off interact especially during a short time limit.

Why does the idea that Board players are magically better keep being spread?

*grumbles*
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Probably because they have all been playing it for about a million years. I have to play Zoraster tomorrow. I reckon he'll be using a Babbage Engine to play the game on.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Web Cole View Post
    Blood Bowl 2 hinted at: https://www.facebook.com/bloodbowlgame

Is 2/3 teams, bug fixing (generous), Star Players (should have been there to begin with) really worth a "2" on the end? /LittleFaithInCyanide

(I should say I'm speculating, there are no details yet. Maybe no big fixing or Star Players at all then :p )
    If they give us the remaining star players, I'll buy it.

Dode's list of suggestions on the official forums mirrors my dream list. But I'm not holding my breath.

Quote Originally Posted by Everblue View Post
    Probably because they have all been playing it for about a million years.
    This. tenchars

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    Why does the idea that Board players are magically better keep being spread?
    It's a class thing. They're elite blueblood board players, you're peasant stock. Now get out of my sight you filthy commoner.

You guys seen this : https://twitter.com/FocusHome/status/306343845623377920 ?

Blood Bowl II tease.
    Last edited by Choca; 26-02-2013 at 04:21 PM.

Network Hub
    Me and Karandraz (Ranek) have been crap in Division E and not been able to get a game settled. (We had a few potential times, but were never quite able to make it).

Since we still don't have a time set, and today is the final day of the week, I don't think we should get an extension.

On related news, I've just not been so excited about my Blood Bowl matches these past couple of seasons. It's felt less like a hobby and more like a chore sadly.

So I'm...REBOOTING! I'll mark myself as such in the sheet immediately. It's going to be to some more 'showy' team, that will likely either be Pro Elves or Wood Elves. I'll try and make a final decision tonight.
    Started writing a blog for video games, roleplaying, game mechanics, and AARs.

http://dentharial.blogspot.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus groovychainsaw's Avatar
    Right answer dentharial. Not enjoying your games? Don't leave, change your race! (and in the game).

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Well I was thinking I’d drop out for a bit as I will be moving home during next season but I’ve been unequivocally guaranteed my new residence will have internet access several days before we move down. Touch wood it will go off without a hitch but having seen the woes of Laneford et al in the past I can’t help be a tad sceptical about the assurances of any telecoms provider!

Lesser Hivemind Node cyberpunkdreams's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoraster View Post
    Well I was thinking I’d drop out for a bit as I will be moving home during next season but I’ve been unequivocally guaranteed my new residence will have internet access several days before we move down. Touch wood it will go off without a hitch but having seen the woes of Laneford et al in the past I can’t help be a tad sceptical about the assurances of any telecoms provider!
    If it's TalkTalk you'll be needing a natural 6. Anyone else and it's maybe a 4+, apart from Virgin, which is maybe more like a GFI.