Page 50 of 358 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100150 ... LastLast
Results 981 to 1,000 of 7142
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 20phoenix View Post
    Is it socially acceptable to admin a win for doughnut purely on the basis his opponent is a dwarf?
    Give him a chance to kill dwarves and admin it in his favour if he fails.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

The Gran-Finale is over! The Rok 'Ard Nobz win the title again!
    /gobbo cheerleaders loaded on shrooms do a jiggle

The game went as planned. Lizards scored early in the first half. Nobz Responded with a counter that failed to score due to a fumbled catch from the new gobbo Frans The 69.

The second half saw the Nobz grind the living Mork out of the scaly slimers, injuring most and killing two, including the level 5 Saurus. Sadly Wink's S4 blodging skink was only KOd.

Glory to Mork! Glory to Gork!

The Rok 'Ard Nobz win again on carnage difference (as it should be!)

Snoozer can't make our game tonight, so I think an admin draw is in our future for our champs losers match. I'm assuming, of course, that an extension until this weekend is unacceptable.
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

Steam = potatoedoughnut

[RPS] Clone High

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    I've been practising a little with a Norse team in preperation. My rolls weren't very good (and with that I've gone and made some minor revisions to the fresh team hoping to compete in the DoD), but it was smooth sailing right after I took out the only dwarven runner on the pitch.

Golly there were a lot of knockouts, on both sides. I think we each had about five players left.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by potatoedoughnut View Post
    Snoozer can't make our game tonight, so I think an admin draw is in our future for our champs losers match. I'm assuming, of course, that an extension until this weekend is unacceptable.
    Entirely unacceptable I'm afraid: due to the linear nature of time, this weekend takes place after Wednesday.
    (There are some who posit that everything takes place at once and we merely perceive time in a linear fashion, to which I say 'that's intriguing, admin draw').

Good use of italics there, by the way. Very slanty.

AND THAT'S IT!

Season over, scores in all the little boxes. I shall now hand over to Chief Admin-in-Chief For Life, his Excellent Excellency Groovychainsaw, for the calculating promotions and demotions and next seasons Divisions and stuff.

Then back to me for some more shouting, until everyone is in their assigned places.

Quote Originally Posted by President Weasel View Post
    WORD WORD WORD
    So when will the draw be? Are we good now?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus groovychainsaw's Avatar
    Jolly good deputy weasel. i'll sort things out and look to run the live draw.... tomorrow night. 9:30pm.
    Benevolent dictator of the RPS Blood Bowl Divisions of Death - Join us!

Can the Lord Groovester confirm our Championshipness? I just assumed the CAS toll sorted me out but didn't quite work it out properly.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Jeremy Throat Smasher continues his meteoric rise, after a mere 11 games he's reached level 4 And add Stand firm to his Block/Guard/Ogre arsenal.

My Pass,Sure Hands, Accurate, Strong Arm, Kick Off Return thrower on the other hand rolled a double. Choices, choices.

Seriously, any ideas? Hail Mary Pass for the lols?

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Also due to the death an 3 miss next games my current TV of a teamcontaining multiple level 4 and 5 players is 1490. Only 9 fit players though.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Alistair Hutton View Post
    My Pass,Sure Hands, Accurate, Strong Arm, Kick Off Return thrower on the other hand rolled a double. Choices, choices.

Seriously, any ideas? Hail Mary Pass for the lols?
    Thick skull

(Serious answer - dodge)

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Yeah, dodge, or just ignore the double.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Mmmmmm, Dodge does make a lot of sense as I use him for empty backfield plays on receiving and for some reason opposition players love making double GFI moves to put him in a tackle zone, Dodge would free up a re-roll better used elsewhere. It would also take him up to having 3 re-roll skills which is clearly awesome.

Ignoring the double though still means I have to give him a skill and if not Dodge then what?

Quote Originally Posted by Alistair Hutton View Post
    Mmmmmm, Dodge does make a lot of sense as I use him for empty backfield plays on receiving and for some reason opposition players love making double GFI moves to put him in a tackle zone, Dodge would free up a re-roll better used elsewhere. It would also take him up to having 3 re-roll skills which is clearly awesome.

Ignoring the double though still means I have to give him a skill and if not Dodge then what?
    Block, any player that doesn't have it or wrestle* is 4 times more likely to turn over during a 2 dieblock (1/9 to 1/36), its also self defence. There will be times you end up blocking with him whether or not that's the general plan.

*or juggernaut on a blitz I guess

I'd consider sure feet on a back field thrower like him. You can keep him further back to avoid being marked and can still run up further to throw.

If you're not taking a double I'd get block, but because there aren't really any other skills he needs. You can also consider getting leader and dropping a reroll to save TV. Or making him your kicker to free up a lineman from having to take kick.
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

Steam = potatoedoughnut

[RPS] Clone High

Safe throw because the bastards always roll a 6.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Since he has Sure Hands already, I would go with Block over Wrestle. And Block over Dodge as well.

Congrats to Grinn!

Hey, I got a buddy that is wanting to get in on this season if there is room and his confirmation email does not seem to be going through, so i was jsut going to enter his info for him(if thats ok) untill it get sorted,
    His name is lelandco and he is playing necro's, ill add him to the spreadsheet

Quote Originally Posted by Screwie View Post
    Since he has Sure Hands already, I would go with Block over Wrestle. And Block over Dodge as well.

Congrats to Grinn!
    Thanks for thought! I m assuming it was a win right?