Page 6 of 357 FirstFirst ... 456781656106 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus laneford's Avatar
    I would've enjoyed hearing your thoughts whilst being diced by my elves in the open last round.

I certainly don't mind using mumble for our game Screwie. You seemed like a fine upstanding gentleman when I grouped with you on GW2 - the ideal candidate for someone to rant and curse at while experiencing the vagaries of blood bowl.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by laneford View Post
    I would've enjoyed hearing your thoughts whilst being diced by my elves in the open last round.
    They involved plague, fire and sword, and woe and desolation even unto the third generation. I'm not sure I'm really cut out for Blood Bowl, I can't take the swings. It's the hope that kills you :)

I used to stream my games on livestream back in the day, but didn't get a lot of interest here. I'd do that again if there's interest. I'd also happily chat over mumble (is that what the kids use these days instead of vent or teamspeak?) during games as well.
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

Steam = potatoedoughnut

[RPS] Clone High

This is a message to Edgar the Peaceful:

You need to apply to the groups HERE
    so that you can arrange your match with 20phoenix.

Also, in case you're not reading your PMs, I would strongly suggest re-jigging your team (you should be able to fire players and hire new ones until your first match) so you have a couple of re-rolls - I sent you a link to bbtactics with some suggested starting rosters. Be aware that the rerolls cost twice as much if you buy them later than they do if you buy them at the beginning.
    If you're sure you want to start with a 940 TV team and no re-rolls, consider spending 50K on an apothecary - high elves are less fragile than pro elves or flower elves, but they're still only AV8 and a lot of them start without block or dodge - they're going to break.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    That is very considerate of you PW!

Lesser Hivemind Node
    It must be Christmas, PW is being nice to someone.

We started a whole new Division up just for him with three filler teams, including mine; it would seem pointless if he didn't get to play the games in his own special division, and it would be a shame if he didn't have a good time and keep on with the Divisions after this season because he didn't get some advice when he made his team and the matches consequently weren't much fun: he's already scheduled to play veteran players with festive-themed amazon and dwarf teams after the unskilled new chaos side; most new players at least get to play other players who are still learning.
    Last edited by President Weasel; 22-12-2012 at 05:01 PM. Reason: I think I can make the entire post into one sentence!

Quote Originally Posted by President Weasel View Post
    Be aware that the rerolls cost twice as much if you buy them later than they do if you buy them at the beginning.
    I've been wondering about this recently. When you buy re-rolls at twice the price, do they add that same price to your team value of do they only add as much as the ones you buy at the start? I've never managed to save up enough to buy a new re-roll yet so I'm not sure what happens.

Activated Node
    I think that players who are honestly looking to improve will take the advice no matter what and not get snappy about it. I know that no matter how frustrated or angry I am at the game, I am willing to listen to someone's opinion on my game; no matter how they go about saying it. I think that its particularly helpful, especially since it maybe just applying math to an idea to explain further or help understand an idea.

For example, I thought Zoraster was crazy to ever suggest doing a 2d block where its against you; the only time I ever thought it was useful was too keep a player from being pushed off the pitch. Then I put it through and if I did my math right ( always a crux). I found that Zoraster is right. an ag3 player with block will dodge 66% of the time, while if he had just blocked himself free, he will succeed at least on pushing away 69.8% of the time. So its actually safer to take the block and knock the person away then it is to take the ag3 dodge if moving him to a spot on the pitch had no benefit.

The "twice the price" price gets added to your TV, which is a very good reason to buy them at the beginning.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Brain View Post
    I've been wondering about this recently. When you buy re-rolls at twice the price, do they add that same price to your team value of do they only add as much as the ones you buy at the start? I've never managed to save up enough to buy a new re-roll yet so I'm not sure what happens.
    It's the standard reroll cost that is added to your TV, thankfully.

EDIT: Blast, thanks to PW I have to go find the rule in the CRP now.

It's on page 29, "Updating the Roster", bullet point 5. You add the standard cost of the TRR but pay twice the price for the privilege.
    Last edited by Screwie; 22-12-2012 at 05:28 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    To be fair, I intentionally didn't take ALL THE BLITZERS on my amazons to mitigate bastardry.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Just played a real grindy game vs Soradains Skaven. Ended 1-1 after much bashing and caging.

Activated Node
    Me and Gorm just played the oddest game of Skaven v. Skaven that ended 1-1. It was a grind it out affair that saw Gorm suffer 7 injuries in one half ( note to self: whenever you want blood, Demand the fans be entertained and pray its not yours). Thanks for sticking through it Gorm, that 2nd half must have been frustrating, even if you did call the 1-1 grind :P. Can we get it validated please? Division F

Quote Originally Posted by Screwie View Post
    It's the standard reroll cost that is added to your TV, thankfully.

EDIT: Blast, thanks to PW I have to go find the rule in the CRP now.

It's on page 29, "Updating the Roster", bullet point 5. You add the standard cost of the TRR but pay twice the price for the privilege.
    interesting - does the cyanide game get it wrong or am I confused?

edit: Div F is now on day 3!
    Last edited by President Weasel; 22-12-2012 at 07:16 PM.

You can tell the real bastards in the divisions - volunteering filler teams full of murderous blocking, tackling bastards!!

They're festive! Festive!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by President Weasel View Post
    They're festive! Festive!
    like a snowman shaped brain tumour.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenohero View Post
    For example, I thought Zoraster was crazy to ever suggest doing a 2d block where its against you; the only time I ever thought it was useful was too keep a player from being pushed off the pitch. Then I put it through and if I did my math right ( always a crux). I found that Zoraster is right. an ag3 player with block will dodge 66% of the time, while if he had just blocked himself free, he will succeed at least on pushing away 69.8% of the time. So its actually safer to take the block and knock the person away then it is to take the ag3 dodge if moving him to a spot on the pitch had no benefit.
    There was a period a while back where I started to get a bit miffed at coaches claiming I was getting "lucky" throwing lots of one dice blocks. The fact that I was throwing them using players with Block against players without Block seem'd to escape them.