Page 62 of 345 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472112162 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,240 of 6894
    MB+claw won't be making you all that many extra SPP, it would take a good few games to get those SPP without luck (or a couple of games against 'flings) while everyone is effectively AV6-7 but you need to knock them down first. There is no way that I would trust a frenzy player without block unless I had a lot of re-rolls and a 2 dice block simply because the risk of a turnover is high enough to cost you games.

Until he gets block I'm planning on using him as a ball carrier and going for 2-3 turn TDs. It wastes his claw/frenzy combo on offence but should get him plenty of SPP. On defence he is still my blitzer. He'll still be a turnover machine until he gets block so I'll be using him very carefully. That said, if he gets block before I play Axler's CDorfs I'll be using him as a hairy dorf can opener!

I was just playing my Champs match against Janek. He kicks and throws a wall of claw pombing. The armour breaks go my way though, with 2 Badly Hurts for his 1 and 3 KOs for his none. I score on turn 8 and Janek deploys 8 stinkymen. The match ended early when he quit on me. It's the second time this happens in the three matches we played. Sadness.

Activated Node
    In an appropriate fashion, my first ever league match got cyanided. JayTee and myself agreed to an admin in his favour, since he was up 2-0 anyway.

Great start, fellas, I'm proud of myself.
    Steam - SandmanXC

RAAAAAAAAGE in Division L

So first match with my fresh new Chaos Dwarfs is against Lizards, and it was going superbly well. I'd managed to get 2-0 with 2 turns left to go, both TDs on the same Hobgoblin for a level, and 2 injuries and my team was unscratched. Lizards cage up on the halfway line and a Bull Centaur charged in, took a Both Down on a Saurus KOing the Saurus and the Centaur's armour held.

BOOOOOM

Crash to Desktop :(

In the effort to move things along, as I'm on a ticking clock here due to going on holiday in 2 weeks, can we get my match with Sandman scooted to a 2-0 win in my favour and get the Division rolled on?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Groovy, you need to make some space in your inbox. Give me a shout on Steam if you see me online?

I'd certainly take MB for a ww on a double for first skill. They're fast enough that they'll be scoring lots of TDs anyway so the next level shouldn't take too long. The only change I'd make is buying the 2nd ghoul before the second wolf if the cash comes faster than the SPPs in order to limit the number of RRs needed for blocks.

Frenzy without block isn't as bad as everyone seems to think it is. At least as long as you're setting up 2d blocks you shouldn't have much problem. They'll happen occasionally, but the same thing will happen when you block with anyone else except the wights, except you'll have claw/mb instead of nothing. I can't see how that's a bad thing.
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

Steam = potatoedoughnut

[RPS] Clone High

Ooft. A loss to Chillydusk's Chaos for me. That oafish Krox of mine went down in the first turn and sat out the match nursing his boney head! Never quite came back so Chilly rightly finished me off 2-0, despite the ball being greased in butter.
    Grats m8, fun match. ;P

Divsion L
    Rats (me) 3 : 3 Elves (Dentharial)

So lots of scoring and my first draw with rats, yay! The Mighty Blow vermin was really, really useful too.

There was some stupidity on both sides (not marking the only elf that can score vs. moving instead of blitzing), but also some amazing plays (running the ball from 2 tackle zones, all the way down the pitch vs. freeing both gutter runners from a scrum right agaisnt the sidelines 15s before the end of the match). Great fun!

So fine to move Div L on.

Quote Originally Posted by potatoedoughnut View Post
    Frenzy without block isn't as bad as everyone seems to think it is. At least as long as you're setting up 2d blocks you shouldn't have much problem.
    My Norse WWs routinely had 2 dice blocks but still ended up face first frequently, its one of the chief reasons why the team has been shelved. Frenzy is the real problem as you have 2 compulsory dice rolls for things to go horribly wrong and they inevitably will.

If you have enough bash elsewhere to cope while the WW levels up then all well and good.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by palindrome View Post
    Frenzy is the real problem as you have 2 compulsory dice rolls for things to go horribly wrong
    No-one is forcing you to block yunno. ^_^
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Norse can't really do anything else :)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Bah, place supports sensibly and don't do frenzies that will get you into trouble, and don't use the werewolf before you have to. I have a starting chaos team in Orca Cola and none of them had block; it lost me a game recently but you don't see me chucking the team in. I even took dodge on one player and +str on another instead of taking block first.

Network Hub
    A lot of strong norse coaches advocate taking mighty blow first on the ulfwerner anyway. To consider turning it down on a werewolf is madness.

Eard just came within a whisker of being the first rps coach to beat me, and did become the first to be in front in the second half. I scored a lucky turn 16 td to get the 1-1 (4+ dodge, 5+ pass, 4+ catch all without any reroll) although I would have had a much easier chance but for a pd on the kick off.

Div A: Anupshi Rises (KHE, Dog Pants) 0 - 2 Track and Field (AMA, Jiiiiim)

The weather is suitable for neither team as they line up on the frigid field, the snow making the Amazons regret their now slightly less immodest outfits, and the icy winds cutting the Khemri to the bone. Anupshi Rises kick first as a joker from the crowd hits one of the pair of Track and Field star players, Morg'n'Thorg, square in the face with a snowball. Unfortunately for Morg the rock in the middle of it puts him on his arse. Undaunted, the Amazons push to the right flank and the Ogre quickly recovers to spearhead the attack. With many of the attackers ganging up on the Khemri line of scrimmage, keeping them from hitting anyone too hard, the flanking cage comes up against a hefty opposition. Track and Field react by sliding through a gap in the lines to centre field, and the defenders follow, but the Amazons zig-zag back again. With all the manoeuvring steadily pulling the slow defenders out of formation Morg crashes through the remainder and the ball carrier saunters casually over the line.

The second half Anupshi Rises attack draws itself in and pumps the whole team up the right hand side of the pitch hoping to use sheer force to overwhelm their nimble opponents. They push against the Track and Field defences and slowly squeeze up against the sideline, but eventually Morg lumbers in and clocks the Thro-Ra ball carrier just as it looks like they might break through. After a brief scuffle the ball finds itself in the hands of... none other than Morg! The star ogre lumbers off to give the ball to someone more agile, and the Linewoman puts distance between her and the clumped Khemri. A hand off later and the ball is again trotted over the line, timed for the final whistle.

Played BigC in div G tonight.

CDwa (me) vs Wood Elves (BigC).

I came in at 250TV ahead, giving BigC two bloodwiser babes and a wizard. The match started poorly for BigC as I was granted a blitz and an got an injury on a lineman with my mino - which fortold how the match was going to play out.

Turn after turn I smashed his guys into big red crosses while BigC struggled to put anything together - not through any fault of his own, but as soon as he needed to make a non-block roll, he failed it.

He eventually got a TD around turn 5 or so, taking the lead 1-0.

I managed to continue the warpath and injure more as I scored the equalizer in Turn 8 after scoring a pickup with a centaur.

Second half, same as the first.

I received and immediately flubbed the pickup. Things would have been dicey had BigC not been reduced to 5 or 6 elves on the pitch, most of them starting their turn from their backs.

I make the pickup and get up to midfield, injuring more as I go. I push one more turn and am now within touchdown range

'Yer a wizard, Harry!

A fireball takes out all five of my cage, including a -1MV injury to my sure hands hobgob, which I apoth'd to a BH. This could be the turning point BigC is looking for as he runs in to scoop the ball, heads downfield to a waiting wardancer, and then flubs the pass.

I smash everyone I can on my way to the ball and yet again pick it up with a centaur.

Enter the strip ball wardancer. She gets two cracks at my centaur on his way up field - first one gave a skull, second was double both downs.

The game ends with a triple dice charge on a lineman and an easy walk-in for a centaur.

2-1 Chaos Dwarves.

Final total was 7 injuries, 1 death for BigC. 5 of those from my mino alone.

Quote Originally Posted by JayTee View Post
    In the effort to move things along, as I'm on a ticking clock here due to going on holiday in 2 weeks, can we get my match with Sandman admin-ed to a 2-0 win in my favour and get the Division (Divison L​) rolled on?
    Just before I head to bed, can we get this done? Planning on a week 2 match in the morning so would be good to be able to do it :)

Done - validated a bunch of matches while I was at it except for games that weren't marked on the sheet. If you want your games validated gentlemen then please get that result marked up.

I think Div J got missed. We are ready to be moved on and I'm itching to see what my WW gets for his level.

My match against Delusibeta in Divivion M is done, Del was a good sport despite the game being nuffly against him, but he did kill 2 of my guys....only got enough apoths for 1 unfortunatly, if an admin could validate it the week can be rolled on