Page 65 of 356 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775115165 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,300 of 7113
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    @JayTee, I'm actually barely fouling the last few games and I've had a corresponding spree of losses.

In fixtures news I lost 2-1 vs drawlien's dwarves, apparently there were weighted dice and I failed about 10 2+ rolls, many of those rerolled.

Mortality joins Freedom in my list of previous catchers, but this time no-one died.
    I'm tempted to keep the -ST, niggle player for the LoS...
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sinister agent's Avatar
    Do it! See how badly mangled you can get him without actually killing him off.

Someone needs to put together a whole team of those, in fact. The Obstinauts.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    So I finally bought my second witch elf... just in time for her to get mauled by groovy's team and General Zod in particular. This could go very badly.

Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    @JayTee, I'm actually barely fouling the last few games and I've had a corresponding spree of losses.
    Nuffle no longer likes what he sees; you know what you have to do.

My current excuse is that I'm waiting on at least one Dirty Player Hobgoblin before the stamping will recommence. I already miss my SG/DP skeleton who I could throw at anyone on the floor with minimal risk and maximal fun.

Can a admin roll Div J on to day two please?

Quote Originally Posted by squirrelfanatic View Post
    To that I would reply that I'd like to maximize my chances of successfully knocking down the opposition (we are talking about killers after all). Of course this depends on the opposition, but since I would not expect every potential target to be equipped with Block or Wrestle (see sadface's post above), especially at lower TVs, your chance of a KD increases by ~15-20% (from 55.5% to 75% without RR, or 80% to 94% with RR with 2D blocks).
    I ran numbers a while ago on the whole injury process from block to cas roll and tried to figure out which skills will give the biggest cas % gain and if I remember correctly it was:

1) PO
    2) MB or Claw (IIRC Claw for 8+ AV)
    3) Block or MB (MB if Claw is #2)

Obviously claw does nothing against AV7, but the real winner is PO. Of course you're putting your man on the ground every turn, which you may or may not want to do.

It all depends on how badly you want those cas. If you want to build a killer and that's all he does, take PO & MB/claw and forget about block. If you want to make an all around useful player block is much higher on the priority list. If you want to make a roadblock or marker (ie someone whose job is to not fall down) then block is a must.
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

Steam = potatoedoughnut

[RPS] Clone High

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ChainsawHands's Avatar
    These numbers don't take into account being knocked down or injured on your opponent's turn. And even with PO you'll need to be blitzing (or maybe jump upping if they stand beside you) every turn. Block might give you a lower cas % for when you hit, but you'll hit more often (and be a more useful player for other stuff, too).

I make the following pledges to nuffle in my next match. Every even numbered turn I I will foul before I have any interaction with the ball(other than punching people holding or around the ball).

To be verbose and specific, on even numbered turn (2,4,6,8,10,12 14,16) I will not pick up the ball, pass the ball, hand off, or move a ball carrier without first attempting to foul that turn.

If it is not possible to foul then I must generate circumstances that permit fouling as soon as possible.

I hereby testify.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by potatoedoughnut View Post
    I ran numbers a while ago on the whole injury process from block to cas roll and tried to figure out which skills will give the biggest cas % gain and if I remember correctly it was:

1) PO
    2) MB or Claw (IIRC Claw for 8+ AV)
    3) Block or MB (MB if Claw is #2)

Obviously claw does nothing against AV7, but the real winner is PO. Of course you're putting your man on the ground every turn, which you may or may not want to do.

It all depends on how badly you want those cas. If you want to build a killer and that's all he does, take PO & MB/claw and forget about block. If you want to make an all around useful player block is much higher on the priority list. If you want to make a roadblock or marker (ie someone whose job is to not fall down) then block is a must.
    Numbers are all here

http://ecbbl.doubleskulls.net/injury.php

EDIT - Although yes that doesn't factor in block. Still - might be useful.

I make the following pledges to nuffle in my next match. Every even numbered turn I I will foul before I have any interaction with the ball(other than punching people holding or around the ball).

To be verbose and specific, on even numbered turn (2,4,6,8,10,12 14,16) I will not pick up the ball, pass the ball, hand off, or move a ball carrier without first attempting to foul that turn.

If it is not possible to foul then I must generate circumstances that permit fouling as soon as possible.

I hereby testify.
    Excellent :D

Quote Originally Posted by Everblue View Post
    Numbers are all here

http://ecbbl.doubleskulls.net/injury.php

EDIT - Although yes that doesn't factor in block. Still - might be useful.
    Yup, cool. Yeah you can just multiply all the values by a flat % knockdown for block/no block/dodge/etc

Steam = potatoedoughnut

[RPS] Clone High

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mrpier's Avatar
    Could an admin reset the match between me and leftfield in Div. C please?

I hereby testify.
    Amen brother

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by potatoedoughnut View Post
    Yup, cool. Yeah you can just multiply all the values by a flat % knockdown for block/no block/dodge/etc
    Yeah true, but you'll get a different figure depending on whether your target has block or dodge or not, which is Squirrel's point

EDIT - I see that's what you were saying. Sorry - it's been a long week and my brain isn't working very well today.
    Last edited by Everblue; 12-03-2013 at 07:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Everblue View Post
    Yeah true, but you'll get a different figure depending on whether your target has block or dodge or not, which is Squirrel's point
    Totally forgot about Dodge in my calculations, good point.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mrpier's Avatar
    Hum, it seems Div. C has been rolled on to match day two, and I've got a loss I shouldn't have had. I would at least have liked to get a draw out of the cyanided match against leftfield010.

I do appreciate the admins work around here, but please don't validate matches that are not marked with a result in the spreadsheet. :-)

Leftfield010: I have marked it up as a 0-0 in the spreadsheet at least.
    Last edited by mrpier; 12-03-2013 at 07:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mrpier View Post
    Leftfield010: I have marked it up as a 0-0 in the spreadsheet at least.
    Orca Cola have a practice of making a "draw league" for teams robbed and of SPP by administrative haste where players are granted the 1TD and 1MVP they missed out on .

Orca Cola have a practice of making a "draw league" for teams robbed and of SPP by administrative haste where players are granted the 1TD and 1MVP they missed out on .
    I don't want to speak for mrpeir, but I think the issue is that he posted in the thread specifically asking for div C match to be reset, but instead it was validated (with no results entered in spreadsheet).

Steam = potatoedoughnut

[RPS] Clone High

Yeah that's unfortunate :(

Lesser Hivemind Node cyberpunkdreams's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Screwie View Post
    Yeah that's unfortunate :(
    I've had it happen before a couple of times, well annoying.

On the subject of needing resets, I'm pretty sure that if both players alt-f4 or crash out of a hung game, Cyanide doesn't record it having been there at all and resets are not required.