Page 66 of 375 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876116166 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,320 of 7498
    Network Hub
    The following is a very late and from-memory match report.

Week 1 Div L

Lorei'elf (Elves, Dentharial) VS Goes Well With Port (Skaven, Alini/sadface)

I started out with High Elves in the divisions before I went all orcy, and I've played some Wood Elves in the public leagues, but this was my first time with just plain old no-frills 'Elves'. I'll just quote myself from somewhere in the middle of the match:

"Elves are ridiculous, and I'm sorry."

The fact of the matter is, I made a lot of stupid mistakes, where I let my elves get bashed badly, or attempted a ridiculous dodge before standing up other elves and moving tackle zones around, and I got punished for it with turnovers and KOs. But time after time, I was subsequently able to succeed at ridiculous dodges and passes, and pull out a maneuver that would at least put me in a more comfortable position.

However, the play of the match undoubtedly goes to Alini in the closing seconds of the game. With 1 turn each left on the board, her gutter runner had the ball, and was in range of the touchline (even without GFIs), and relatively safe in a half-cage against the touchline. Through a couple of blocks I managed to block the runner's way forward with the knocked-down bodies of his teammates, and then surrounded the cage with other markers to ensure he had nowhere else to run. I hit End Turn, and sat back, relatively content in my 3-2 victory.

The first minute went by with nothing happening.

Then the second minute.

Then...ratmen started to move. Carefully, and deliberately. There's marking up of my markers, a blitz, and suddenly the iron grip of the elves is beginning to look decidedly more wimpy. Each move was very clearly carefully planned out, and I gradually got more and more incredulous that Alini was spotting each way to unravel my trap. With barely 20 seconds left on the clock, a second gutter runner ran forward into the end zone, and then the ball carrier retreated back the wrong way up the pitch, ran sideways a short distance, and then made the pass to tie up the game. Annoying as it was to have victory snatched from my grasp in such a manner, I couldn't help but applaud it.

Final Score: ​Lorei'elf 3 - 3 Goes Well With Port
    Started writing a blog for video games, roleplaying, game mechanics, and AARs.

http://dentharial.blogspot.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Vexing Vision's Avatar
    So... not sure any of you remembers my super bloodthirsty Amazon crew, but it's been close to a year now and I'd like to get involved again. Even upgraded my version recently. :)

I am seriously looking forward to starting from scratch again. Just not entirely certain which team to go with just yet...
    NETWORKING 101 SIGNATURE INCOMING
    Playing games with each other makes for the best business contacts, so feel free to add me on LinkedIn.
    You should also follow me on Twitter.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Wow, it's already been nearly a year?

Welcome back, VV!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sinister agent's Avatar
    Division F still needs validating for game 1, please.

And VV! Go with human beans, maybe? They're a bit like Amazons, only swapping the dodge and blitzers for armour and better runners.

Thinking to go Wood.

It's a bloody shame that ntw isn't around, I wanted to scare him some more with bloodthirsty woodelves.

I kind of like the feeling of the Chaos Dwarfs too, but the temptation to continually do Agi2 passes would be too high.

/edit Addendum:

The temptation to reroll a new Amazon team is also incredibly high. One day I'll win that bloody Championship. One day. I still have a few weeks to decide, right?
    Last edited by Vexing Vision; 13-03-2013 at 02:07 PM.
    Playing games with each other makes for the best business contacts, so feel free to add me on LinkedIn.

if you play CDWA just don't let bull centaur do all the scoring.
    usually ends up with underpowered hobgobs, dwarfs will get spp from beating people up if you're playing properly, so hobgobs will get left behind xD

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    I'm not sure what's up with the sheet, but today's ten days from when the league kicked off.

Anyone who hasn't played their game yet, get it done or see it admined (and post here if you're playing it this evening so I don't admin it by mistake. Anyone who has played their match, make sure the score is in the spreadsheet.

Going to try for a slightly shorter week for week 2 in order to make reality match the sheet. Try to get your week 2 games done by the 21st, which is a week tomorrow.

Can't get hold of my opponent to play first week game, Ielandco i think it was,
    what should do?
    tried email, steam, and he isnt registered here yet somehow

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Ielandco is a friend of Joeyjojojuniorshabadoo and seems to have had trouble registering on the forum.

I would definitely recommend contacting Joeyjojo and asking him to nudge Ielandco/see what's up.

(EDIT: Also, is his name Ielandco or Lelandco?)

Sometimes newcomers do drop out due to sudden lack of interest or unplanned time commitments. If it comes to the worst, then the admins will decide the default outcome of an unplayed match based on the activity of the participants.

Since you have done a lot of chasing and your opponent has not, you will probably get the default win. Not the fun option, but you won't lose out entirely.
    Last edited by Screwie; 13-03-2013 at 03:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vexing Vision View Post
    So... not sure any of you remembers my super bloodthirsty Amazon crew. . .
    How could I forget the team that systematically dismantled my poor Brolafs in the course of a single match and set me on my current Nurgly path? :P

Welcome back! (Nearly a year, really? Eeesh. Hard to believe I've been in the Divs that long.)

Quote Originally Posted by Screwie View Post

(EDIT: Also, is his name Ielandco or Lelandco?)
    I copied the name he wrote in the spreadsheet and changed font to make l differents from I. According to that experiment, the name is Lelandco.

Quote Originally Posted by President Weasel View Post
    I'm not sure what's up with the sheet, but today's ten days from when the league kicked off.

Anyone who hasn't played their game yet, get it done or see it admined (and post here if you're playing it this evening so I don't admin it by mistake. Anyone who has played their match, make sure the score is in the spreadsheet.

Going to try for a slightly shorter week for week 2 in order to make reality match the sheet. Try to get your week 2 games done by the 21st, which is a week tomorrow.
    Playing tonight PW

Quote Originally Posted by Axler View Post
    Can a admin roll Div J on to day two please?
    **nudge**.

Quote Originally Posted by Axler View Post
    **nudge**.
    I've rolled it on.

Edit: Should we move admin requests into the sheet instead? That makes them a bit less likely to be missed indefinitely at least.
    Last edited by Jolima; 13-03-2013 at 09:27 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolima View Post
    I've rolled it on.
    *Wink wink*
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Champs: Death Vengeance of Doom (Lizards, wink5000) vs. Read in Tooth and Claw (Necro, me)

Losing the Ag4 ghoul at the end of the previous season put a massive hole in Claw's lineup but allowed for some creative accounting on team value. Weighing up the options I went for an extra team re-roll, a coach and cheerleader and a couple more zombies (I was intending to foul a lot but the zombies spent most their time standing next to Sauruseses), without hiring a replacement rookie ghoul.

Doom won the toss and elected to receive. Claw's defense started poorly with several players out of position, but the situation slowly turned around with more and more Saurus getting marked out of the action allowing the wights and wolves to go to work on the skinks. A breakout was narrowly stopped by a wight making a dodge and GFI blitz, but the skink on the receiving end was KO'd leaving the ball almost out of lizardy hands. A double push blitz from the freakish block/ST4 skink left no clear route to the ball, but it didn't make any difference - without a team re-roll on hand the cursed thing managed to dodge through three tackle zones (all of which had tackle) and make the pickup to score on turn 7.

With two turns left in the half Claw went for a weighted set up, marking saurus and the krox wherever possible and piling down the left side of the pitch. Doom only managed a few pushes on their turn but nothing serious, allowing Claw to run in an equaliser on turn 8 after a little creative blocking and blitzing.

Receiving at the start of the second half Claw get things rolling by injuring a saurus, but that was about as good as it got. Electing to stall a little a series of silly mistakes (setting up to surf a sidestep skink, marking the ST4 one instead of a ST2 one) lead to a massive brawl in the middle of the pitch from which neither team emerged victorious, a last gasp attempt at a werewolf touchdown on turn 8 failing on a dodge into space.

All in all it was a pretty tactical but uninspiring match. That said while the lizards only suffered a couple of badly hurts Claw sustained two career ending injuries (-AV on a level 4 wolf and -ST on the level 3 ghoul). This leaves them with a grand total of 3 agility 3 players for their next match, with an average move of 6 between them. Losing 12 player levels over two matches is unfortunate, doubly so when Grinn's Orcs are designed around ripping other teams apart. Winning the champs isn't much of an option any more, to be honest even survival is looking rather ambitious at this point.
    Last edited by NieA7; 14-03-2013 at 12:54 AM.

Alright, signed up with the Vicious Violets, the most vexing voodelves there are.

So looking forward to rejoining!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    I moved the leagues on to the next day. I think I gave the outstanding match in League M a draw in the end because it was late and I was tired. Sorry.

I promise I wasn't drawing out that last turn on purpose, it takes my brain that long to work things out...

Thanks for moving it along at least PW, finally get an opponent who is able to communicate now xD