Page 67 of 367 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977117167 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,340 of 7338
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus ChainsawHands's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sadface View Post
    I promise I wasn't drawing out that last turn on purpose, it takes my brain that long to work things out...
    Nuffle gives you four minute turns for a reason, no need to apologise for using them!

Activated Node
    Any idea when the Champs div week 1 matches will be validated and the div rolled on to week 2? I thought week 1 ended on monday.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    On Tuesday 8pm gmt I will be having the "even numbered fouls" exhibition match vs Karandraz Lizards with my Professional Elves. Spectators welcome.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by leftfield010 View Post
    My game against mrpier in div c crashed, is it possible we can get a reset please?
    We were not able to get this game replayed, is it possible it can be admined into a draw please? I am not sure of the procedure so if i need to do anything please let me know!!

My first played match, when so bad i cannot believe, 2 deaths, 2 badly hurt. 0-4 loss :'(
    i dont even know what nuffle was thinking...
    oh, and he didn't foul once.
    i had 6 players on the pitch for the entire second half...

(Karthon) A Helfy run 0 - 4 Chaotic and Fabulous (Chillydusk)

Clear skies graced the players as they entered the pitch.
    The referee declared the High Elves as the kickers and Chaos as the receivers.
    The front line of the chaos packed a few warrior and beastmen, ready to start the bashing.
    Touchback and the drive starts with Chaos in possession!

The first Chaos Warrior tries to bash and!!! double skulls... reroll, double push... That wasn't so bad, says the second warrior as he prepares to attack the second elf on the line! Double block!! FFFFUUUUUUUUUU!
    This shows how nuffle hated this match, afterall chaos wearing pink is not the most appealing thing!

What we were not ready for was the followup turns, when the elves attempted to block and got injured.
    Followed by a dodge roll next turn with the catcher getting killed after he tripped.
    The turn after a guy gets pushed by a pushed elf into the crowd, and guess what... yeh also dead.
    After this, the game gets kind of blurry since there was too much blood around but there was some other guy injured doing a GFI if I recall.

The second half started with more bashing and all 6 elves were playing dead most of the half while Chaos did a couple passes and TD. But every time one tried to get up, he would trip and fall again, and again, and again...

There is only one conclusion to take after this match, Nuffle may not like pink, but he sure hates High Elves!

Other stats from the elves:
    Failed 7/33 dodges
    Failed 3/10 gfi
    Failed 2/4 pickups
    Many of these were turnovers and most were 2+.

My heart goes to Karthon for being a good sport and staying till the end. Hopefully his team can recover from the 2 dead catchers, but it will be hard...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chillydusk View Post
    Hopefully his team can recover from the 2 dead catchers, but it will be hard...
    You are missing the important thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Karthon View Post
    oh, and he didn't foul once.
    You are now on my list.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

I actually fouled once! Just not when he had 6 on the field. I rather score a couple tds then bash an already dead team :).
    Also, his MVP went to one of the dead catchers :(.
    Can anyone validate the game please? I'd like to see my options on the levelling guys.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sinister agent's Avatar
    On the contrary. My chaos dudes wear pink and it looks great, and they've won three out of four games so far.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wink5000 View Post
    Any idea when the Champs div week 1 matches will be validated and the div rolled on to week 2? I thought week 1 ended on monday.
    I thought I had.
    Also, I said Wednesday. Pshaw to the spreadsheet.

I hadn't. I have.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kelron's Avatar
    Sunshine & Lollipops 1 - 1 Smoking Popes in Div I.

The first half was characterised by a big brawl in which a number of undead were knocked out before the humans eventually scored. The second half was characterised by a big brawl in which a number of humans were knocked out before the undead eventually scored.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelron View Post
    Sunshine & Lollipops 1 - 1 Smoking Popes in Div I.

The first half was characterised by a big brawl in which a number of undead were knocked out before the humans eventually scored. The second half was characterised by a big brawl in which a number of humans were knocked out before the undead eventually scored.
    The Popes apparently believe in only taking part in matches that are dreadfully predictable whilst still competitive. One eight turn drive a piece with each team scoring on its own possession you say? I won that casualty war (2-0, one of them was regen'd) and lost the KO war hard (1-5) but thanks to an MVP I actually get to level up a player this week! Glory be! Some tackle before I have to get rings run round me by filthy elves! Well played Kelron, enjoyed the in game banter and look forward to facing off against you at some point in the future.

Division L can probably get validated and moved onto week 3 because we're efficient and awesome.

Division G

[Delusibeta] Street Sweeping Scrubs 1 - 2 The Leaflickers [BigC90210]

It appears we now know where Karthon's luck went. First half was a demonstration in how to use elves to bash, scoring three Miss Next Game-worthy injuries in quick succession (one of which could have been a -1 AV had I not apothed it to a standard MNG injury). What should have been a turn 2 touchdown was delayed to turn 6, while I impotently attacked a cage consisting of 80% of the other team. Second half was a bit more fair, with a passing play leaving a blitzer alone by the try line. Then Cyanide happened and a blitz failed to register the Scrubs' first ever touchdown.

Then the elves had the ball, everyone on the team formed a cage and they sauntered to a second touchdown. Oh wells.

So in short I was outplayed, although Nuffle definitely rigged the injury table in the first half.
    Last edited by Delusibeta; 15-03-2013 at 11:40 PM.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Snoozer has conceded his Div 2 match with myself. Validate me!

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by sadface View Post
    I promise I wasn't drawing out that last turn on purpose, it takes my brain that long to work things out...
    If this is referring to our match, I really didn't think you were for a moment :)

On the contrary, I was full of admiration for just how carefully you thought it through and actually found a perfect response to score the touchdown.

I would have just grabbed the ballcarrier, right-clicked on the endzone, and chanted to Nuffle.

Match report on my match with Sandman will be coming...at some point.
    Started writing a blog for video games, roleplaying, game mechanics, and AARs.

http://dentharial.blogspot.com/

Lesser Hivemind Node TechnoJellyfish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alistair Hutton View Post
    Validate me!
    Pick me! Pick me!*

* It seems my week 2 match vs. Drake Sigar in Div K needs some form of validation or the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Alistair Hutton View Post
    Validate me!
    You're doing a great job!

Div A: Global Warping (SKA, 20phoenix) 3 - 0 Anupshi Rises (KHE, Dog Pants)

Skaven Vs Khemri is a recipe for violence and fast plays, and both sides hoped for more of their particular style than the other as they lined up for the kick. Global Warping kick first and the Anupshi Rises Thro-Ra takes it and follows a pivoting push up the left flank. In a poor display of play, however, a gap in the offence is left down the sideline which a Gutter Runner quickly exploits. The Thro-Ra is sacked and the ball briefly in Skaven hands before being knocked loose and recovered by the Thro-Ra again. Needeing to escape the melee, the Thro-Ra makes a series of uncharacteristic dodges to plunge into another melee further up the field. Despite a numerical advantage to the attackers, Global Warping recover quickly to put rats behind the ball, and land a blow on the ball carrier once more. This time the fight over the pigskin (at least we all hope it's pig) is larger scale and the ball ricochets around a little before settling on the Khemri side but between several Skaven. A Gutter Runner breaks free and recovers the ball before heading lineward, and a Stormvermin following for cover is clothelined by a nearby skeleton. Thinks look grim for the rat's crushed windpipe, but their sawbone manages to keep him alive. With no players nearby to prevent a touchdown, Anupshi Rises take to hitting their opponents. The Rat Ogre is next to leave the pitch on a stretcher, and the rest of his team flee after the ball or stay on the ground. The Khemri follow, kicking any they catch up with (and one of the ones who didn't get up, resulting in a skeleton getting sent off), as the Gutter Runner showboats on the touchline. Eventually a Blitz-Ra gets within arm's reach, and the runner steps over the line to score.
    With most of the half spend fighting or avoiding fighting there's little time left for more play, but in the short time before the half-time whistle goes the Khemri manage to injure another rat.

Global Warping receive for the second half, and the ball is delivered directly to a Gutter Runner near the halfway line. He retreats to toss the ball over to a Thrower, but makes a hash of it. Meanwhile another Gutter Runner goes deep into the defence, as Skaven are wont to do, but is killed stone dead by a Thro-Ra for his tenacity. In return the fallen rat's teammates send a Blitz-Ra to the injury dugout by feeding him to the crowd, and injure a skeleton with good old-fashioned punching. Away from the carnage, the Thrower picks the ball up and travels forward, and again the ball hits the ground during the transfer to another player. By the time the ball is moving forward again there is a scarcity of unmarked Skaven, and it is handed to a Stormvermin as the attacking group is squeezed against the right sideline. A veteran Gutter Runner is handed the ball and he deftly slips away from the attacking mob, through the defensive line, and across the touchline.
    As Anupshi Rises receive again there is little time to claw back a touchdown, and no hope of anything but a loss, but the daring tactics come out nonetheless. An unmarked Thro-Ra beyond the half way line makes too tempting a target for his like teammate, who pitches the ball into the middle of nowhere with a terrible impression of a pass. The Skaven are quick to take the ball and run it over the Anupshi line to underline the point that Khemri don't play Elfball.
    With a couple of minutes to spare another kick-off sees the Khemri burst forward in a second desperate attempt to move their scoreline off zero, and a Blitz-Ra could make the end-zone before the whistle if a Thro-Ra could land the ball on him, but a mob of Skaven put pays to that and the end of the game is marked instead by a rare completed pass between the two Thro-Ras.

Hey Guys,
    I got ahold of lelandco and he thought he could make this season but some personal stuff has come up and he will not be able ot make his matches, he will come back when he is able and get his account on this site sorted, sorry for the trouble everyone has been dealing with trying to get ahold of him and stuff