Page 69 of 361 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179119169 ... LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,380 of 7204
    So option 1 then. I don't argue that Helio shouldn't play a filler team, but making an artificial all-Snots team that he's not continuing to play when the divisions even out again seems a bit unfair to other teams that have to face real opposition. Just my view and not really a complaint, I am not playing in this league after all.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    It's Helio, I figure he has some diabolically cunning plan by default.

Also he's facing rookie Chaos, Lizards and High Elves, all of whom should be hilariously inept at knocking over snotlings. I agree there should be oversight for "SPP candy fountain" style abuses, but in that environment an all-snot team could be an interesting (and borderline competitive) challenge - especially with the amount of inducement cash he'll get.

Quote Originally Posted by Screwie View Post
    ... - especially with the amount of inducement cash he'll get.
    Touché.

Edit: I have to disagree with the other points though. He'll be getting three-diced on every block and Snotlings break like glass when pushed over. The Ogre team with Ogres is borderline competitive, Snotlings sure ain't. I won't argue any further though, initially I just wanted to understand what's going on.
    Last edited by Squiz; 18-03-2013 at 04:56 PM.

Well I've accepted Helio's team. If Groovy (or the consensus) wants to pass judgement that an all snots team isn't allowed we can still just admin the games to draws.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    I'm for it. I'd rather have seen a proper team, but any team and therefore some matches is better than none. The guys in Division M scrambled their division together at the last minute and have had less time than everyone else to get their matches in, we might as well hand them some relatively easy games against snotlings.
    Be aware however that the games might not be that easy - these are starting teams with a dearth of tackle, and helio will either have vast numbers of cheap foulers or he'll have large incentives to play with. Also, Helio's got game, yo. As long as he's trying to win these won't be walkovers.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    I'm not an spp giveaway team, I'm here to hurt you and make you know you deserved it.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    I'm not an spp giveaway team, I'm here to hurt you and make you know you deserved it.
    Looking forward to the match reports.

Midnight Sparkles(Vam) vs Look No Hands(Und)

Listen to the totally rad Sewer Surfin' song while reading the write-up for maximum effect! RADICAL!

A totally radical match dude! Cowabunga! I surfed a level 2 ghoul and it killed him, BODACIOUS! The next half I surfed two of the opponents zombies in one turn, SICK! Also I did some elfish dodging and stupid bullshit like picking up the ball and running halfway down the pitch and being all cool like that, but let's be honest, that's totally not as rad as surfing, brah.

A 1-0 victory for the Midnight Sparkles! You can't stop the sparkle(unless you are the wood elves, in which case just slaughter my whole team you heartless bastard)!

Also if my math holds up I don't think I can advance to the next tier this season unless we have enough drop outs.

That's the most radical match report I've ever read/listened to. And don't worry, you can easily advance through the divisions without ever making #1 place in any of them. You just need to believe in yourself and pepperoni pizza!

Quote Originally Posted by Walrus View Post
    Midnight Sparkles(Vam) vs Look No Hands(Und)

Listen to the totally rad Sewer Surfin' song while reading the write-up for maximum effect! RADICAL!

A totally radical match dude! Cowabunga! I surfed a level 2 ghoul and it killed him, BODACIOUS! The next half I surfed two of the opponents zombies in one turn, SICK! Also I did some elfish dodging and stupid bullshit like picking up the ball and running halfway down the pitch and being all cool like that, but let's be honest, that's totally not as rad as surfing, brah.

A 1-0 victory for the Midnight Sparkles! You can't stop the sparkle(unless you are the wood elves, in which case just slaughter my whole team you heartless bastard)!

Also if my math holds up I don't think I can advance to the next tier this season unless we have enough drop outs.
    I'm refusing to listen to that song - the memory of poor Ribfeeder being violated by the crowd is still too vivid in my mind. If it's any consolation, Simon Belmont (ex-thrall, now zed) is playing a game of "Are you tougher than an Andrex puppy" with my two mummies.

Match details - http://bbm.jcmag.fr/BloodBowlManager...220175&lang=en
    It was quite a bloody match . My two remaining ghouls managed to play (badly) Ghoul Ball Pickup for a number of turnovers.
    Last edited by mrchinchin25; 18-03-2013 at 06:00 PM.
    Planetside2 / Firefall: Crustycuffs
    Mechwarrior Online / Blood Bowl: Mrchinchin25
    GuildWars2: Shiifty (Mesmer) Frank Tankborn (Warrior)
    Raptr: mrchinchin25 Steam: mrchinchin25 Origin: ​Crustycuffs

Quote Originally Posted by Walrus View Post
    Slightly off topic, but I fucking love that game. Best beatem up I've played on the SNES by miles.
    I occasionally write things on this website. You can read these things by clicking this thing:
    www.teamsao.com

Enjoy your match Darkmalice and Helio. Also, don't underestimate them, Helio is a Div A player and i hope you stomp on them!
    Also, Helio, are you allowing yourself to get star players with the rest of the money or are you just going for the standard wizard + 3 bribes setup?

And a question for an admin! Why is there no option to play Khorne? Is it just because you decided that only official teams are valid or is there any other reason?

Yeah, it's because certain outspoken admins (*cough*me*cough*) think it's a poorly-playtested made-up nonsense team and don't approve of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Chillydusk View Post
    Also, Helio, are you allowing yourself to get star players with the rest of the money or are you just going for the standard wizard + 3 bribes setup?
    I am allowing myself goblin 'big guys' and I imagine bloodwiser babes will be a big help vs elves, wizards are a big 'fo sho'.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chillydusk View Post
    Helio is a Div A player
    Div B, but yeah Teir 3. Doesn't mean what it used to mind you.
    Last edited by Heliocentric; 18-03-2013 at 07:03 PM.

Is he active on the boards? He's not shown up yet.

Could someone please validate my match in division G please? :)

Done. Validated the other match in G too.
    I also reset my match against boots after my PC froze up just before kickoff. Shame, because I was definitely winning. Rematch on Thursday.

thanks dude!

Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    Is he active on the boards? He's not shown up yet.
    Last online was 2 days ago on steam. Guess he's been overworked?

Lesser Hivemind Node cyberpunkdreams's Avatar
    Just played a brutal but tight match in Div F: my goblins vs MrJoose's dwarves. There were a fair few points where it could have gone either way. MrJoose managed to get out of a very tight situation after failing to declare a blitz (pick-up in tackle zone, dodge, two GFIs... with a blocker). Cyanide forced me to put both my remaining secret weapons on the pitch, even though I had a sub, making me use both bribes... which, more annoyingly, made me use the chainsaw when I wouldn't have done, who kicked back and ended any chance of a 1TTD. My second chance for a 1TTD, in the last turn of the match, was also abortive, with the ball going far too deep. But the low point for me was a T16 block by MrJoose which killed Frederick, my level 4 troll: dead to dead, regen failed, no money to replace him. Oh well. Final score: 2-1 to the dwarves.

Anyway, if an admin could kindly validate it, it would be appreciated, thanks!
    Last edited by cyberpunkdreams; 18-03-2013 at 11:33 PM.