Page 71 of 360 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381121171 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,420 of 7193
    Activated Node
    OMG OMG OMG! Just rolled doubles on my Beast of Nurgle (good doggie). So do I go for Block, +1 AV, or +1 MA? He already has Stand Firm and Guard. Base stats are MA 4, AV 9.

I think the answer is block. SO many times he has fallen due to both down on the block die. But I'll take any advice going.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Is this a serious question or more of a be jealous of my blockbeast post?
    Because the answer is 'block' or 'bah' respectively.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    The correct answer is clearly Pass Block.

Aye, only if you give it break tackle first.
    The correct answer is definitely block. Give pass block to your biological warfariors.

Some people would say Pro, especially as losing the Beast's tackle zones is so bad.

These people are mad. Block, obv.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MadDave123 View Post
    Just rolled doubles on my Beast of Nurgle
    Pro, serious. Use it for stupid. Alternatively? And great for a passive beast Prehensile Tail,

Sidestep and Leader are also hard to discount. Why leader? Why not?
    Last edited by Heliocentric; 20-03-2013 at 10:05 PM.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

The answer is block.

Quote Originally Posted by President Weasel View Post
    The answer is block.
    You are spamming now, suggest hail mary pass or get out.

Quote Originally Posted by Cacamas View Post
    Div A
    Blackest of Black Blacks 0 - 2 Track & Field

Whereas the last game I played against Jiiiiim was characterised by my ridiculous luck, I think it's safe to say the opposite occurred in this match. I managed 2 pows for 15 of my turns. Against Amazons and with not enough block or tackle, this made my deadites less like a howling gale through the ranks of my opponents and more a warm summer breeze caressing their cheeks. Jiiiim, of course, took ruthless advantage.
    It was an extremely one-sided set of dice, for sure. Which I was then very boring with and caged the hell up.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Pro is an option if you want to blitz a lot (ie. Wild Animal, although Block is also useful for them) or rely on throwing team mates a lot (Trolls on a Goblin team), but every other big guy should take Block.

I think I once saw that (assuming you're not Wild Animal) you have a better chance of retaining your big guy's tackle zone after throwing a 2d block (i.e. most of the time) with block over pro. And obviously it helps you in the opponent's turn too, unlike pro.

Take block.

Division I match

Still chasing my elusive first win (or even touchdown), notable for some great Orc dodging and a pesky troll.

Dark Elves still cursed as the MVP went to a merc (who was injured in turn 3 IIRC)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Ethelred; 20-03-2013 at 11:09 PM. Reason: Size of image, general incompetence

Activated Node
    It was a serious question. But also a celebration of getting my Blockbeast back; since my previous beast got block on his 1st skill up, and then got killed by someone (they know who they are). >_>

So, after considering pro, leader, pass block, side step and hail mary pass, I've gone with the only true manly-nurgle choice of block.

Incidentally. How does prehensile tail work when you have tentacles? Do you make a strength check for tentacles and if that passes then you use tail on the agility roll? Or is it one or t'other?

In fairness I only dodged once the entire game, it was just an important dodge :)

The highlight of the game for me was my blitzer making a GFI to pick up the ball, failing, re-rolling, failing, armour roll, fail and getting stretchered off as badly hurt (at least he didn't die). Aside from that I think my only other 'casualty' was a single stun in the second half, Orc armour is great. It was a surprisingly bloodless game given that most of it was little more than a melee.

I did get a nice bonus though as one of my BOs picked up MVP.

I gave my deathroller +MV and while it was very useful on a couple of occassions, I would say it wasn't the right choice as it wasn't necessary most of the time, whereas block is useful most of the time.

Lesser Hivemind Node cyberpunkdreams's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sadface View Post
    I gave my deathroller +MV...
    You did %^&*ing what?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111

Ah ballbags - I was hoping for Jiiiim to drop points to compensate for my missed game against Cacamas. Now i have to beat Jiiiim with my muscle out of the game.

So... I failed....

...To clear the pitch entirely of Skaven.

6 or so 7 man fouls... Bribes are fun.
    Last edited by Heliocentric; 20-03-2013 at 11:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MadDave123 View Post
    Incidentally. How does prehensile tail work when you have tentacles? Do you make a strength check for tentacles and if that passes then you use tail on the agility roll? Or is it one or t'other?
    If tentacles happen, the dodge doesn't and the action ends, tail is a simple -1 to a dodge roll. So tail happens if and only if tentacles fails.

Network Hub
    Tentacles never works, nor does Prehensile Tail. Unless they are being used against you of course. Sounds like a recipe for disappointment :P