Page 72 of 357 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482122172 ... LastLast
Results 1,421 to 1,440 of 7135
    Addendum to my previous match report: I hope all my future opponents have fun trying to knock down my str 5 ball carrier vampire and trying to get around her during my defense.

Network Hub
    I love the fact that in Helio's last match report, he scored 4 touchdowns, 5 KOs, 5 Injuries, 2 Deaths, and only had 36% ball possession.

A very quick match report, again based on memory.

Lorei'elf (Dentharial, Elf) VS Philosoraptors (SandmanXC, Liz)

The match began inauspiciously for Lorei'elf with a pitch invasion that stunned 8 of the elves, and only a couple of the raptors. Fortunately, the elves had kicked off, and then the lizardmen failed their pickup, so there was at least a little room to maneuver. The first half was a bit of a slog, with the ball changing hands and falling down. Eventually, the Philosoraptors made a critical mistake, leaving an elf unmarked that was down on the ground, but was still in range of the endzone. Said elf hopped up and ran in, then the lineelves managed to swish their hair distractingly enough so that the positional players could run the ball up the pitch, and pass for a touchdown.

I believe that the first half ended with that 1-0 scoreline, and with the elves to receive at the start of the second half, it seemed like they had a decent opportunity for a lead.

It was an opportunity that the Philosoraptors philosstole for themselves, running skinks up the pitch, stealing the ball and carefully locking down elves and knocking them out in order to secure a touchdown for themselves. 1-1 and still all to play for.

I'm honestly not sure what happened next, other than: Elves are ridiculous, and I'm sorry.

It seemed like no matter what the Philosoraptors did, Lorei'elf were able to steal the ball, dance around the saurus and score. I'm almost sure I had nothing to do with it. The elf pieces themselves just spontaneously became self-aware and decided to do their thing.

Thank you elf pieces.

Final Score: Lorei'elf 4 - 1 Philosoraptors
    Started writing a blog for video games, roleplaying, game mechanics, and AARs.

http://dentharial.blogspot.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dentharial View Post
    I love the fact that in Helio's last match report, he scored 4 touchdowns, 5 KOs, 5 Injuries, 2 Deaths, and only had 36% ball possession.
    Assuming that it is counted only at the end of a turn I only ended 1.5* turns holding the ball without scoring... Jeez
    Quote Originally Posted by Dentharial View Post
    I'm honestly not sure what happened next, other than: Elves are ridiculous, and I'm sorry.
    Never apologise and show no mercy.

*counting each players turn as half a game turn
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Walrus View Post
    Addendum to my previous match report: I hope all my future opponents have fun trying to knock down my str 5 ball carrier vampire and trying to get around her during my defense.
    Kiss of death.

Activated Node
    My beast's tentacles work quite often surprisingly. But then I only expect them to work against weakling human and elfy teams. Anything else and I just use him as a distraction to get the attention of opposing heavy hitters; that or to hit their big guy - which should now be more reliable since he has BLOCK! \o/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberpunkdreams View Post
    You did %^&*ing what?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111
    Indeed. You "would say it wasn't the right choice"? That's because it was the wrong choice! The correct answer is block.
    Block block block block block.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ChainsawHands's Avatar
    I think what Pweasel's trying to say is that, on balance, taking all things into consideration, you're probably best going with block.

He's right, obviously.

Anyone know what happened to the last person who questioned el presidente?

Hi there, I'd very much like to join. I think i've filled the spreadsheet correctly but please let me know anything i've missed.

Since elf teams are full i'll try Dark Elves.

Thing is, i've never played an online match before [Though i have played plenty of the tabletop over the years] and Cyanide's interface seems a little impenetrable to me, so any tips on how i actually manke sure i'm ready to be matched up would be excellent :)

Thanks

Network Hub
    I quit. /10 char

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mrpier's Avatar
    Best bet is to test it (with another team) in either the rps challenge league or one of the open cyanide leagues (Naggaroth, Auld etc.). And welcome :-)

Quote Originally Posted by the.alleycat.uk View Post
    Hi there, I'd very much like to join. I think i've filled the spreadsheet correctly but please let me know anything i've missed.

Thing is, i've never played an online match before [Though i have played plenty of the tabletop over the years] and Cyanide's interface seems a little impenetrable to me, so any tips on how i actually manke sure i'm ready to be matched up would be excellent :)

Thanks
    Have a look at Jiiiiim's FAQ (http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/foru...ad-this-first!) to check your router and all that stuff is set up properly. Then stick a team in the RPS challenge league and have a go to see if it works.

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate View Post
    I quit. /10 char
    Just played my Div J game against Pirate. As you might guess, I won 2-1. It was actually a pretty decent game with Pirate still in with a chance right up until the end. A pitch invasion at 1-1 on my offence might have been what tipped him over the edge though. By the time I had closed down the game and went to send him a message thanking him for playing and wishing him luck for the rest of the season he had already deleted me from Steam buds. I've put the result on the spreadsheet and Div J is ready to be moved on.

A highlight of the match for me though was when I went to make my first dodge with my new AG4 WW which he then failed (using a re-roll too) and managed to get himself MNG. Luckily it got regened otherwise those CDwarves would have been on for an easy ride.

Quote Originally Posted by the.alleycat.uk View Post

Thanks
    If you'd like I can Play a couple practice matches with you to get you going. I can explain anything you need on the go. Just add me on steam if you'd like and we can setup something. My details are on the spreadsheet.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ChainsawHands's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Brain View Post
    A pitch invasion at 1-1 on my offence might have been what tipped him over the edge though.
    Praise be unto Nuffle! I've seen pitch invasions end matches before, but never a coach's entire career. How bad was it?

Quote Originally Posted by The Brain View Post
    A highlight of the match for me though was when I went to make my first dodge with my new AG4 WW which he then failed (using a re-roll too) and managed to get himself MNG. Luckily it got regened otherwise those CDwarves would have been on for an easy ride.
    Bah got me all excited then damn you!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    If his best player had died to a thrown rock I could understand.

Anybody who questions His Divine Instrument of Justice the Holy Rock is clearly not cut out for Blood Bowl.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    I don't mind the flying rock killing one of my players - I just sigh a little, mutter "one of those games, eh?" and settle in for some being philosophical practice.
    No, what I cannot stand is being beaten by someone who is doing everything wrong and doesn't even realise it. It seems unsportsmanlike to type "GAH! YOU DON'T EVEN REALISE HOW RIDICULOUSLY LUCKY YOU ARE! I HOPE YOUR LEGS FALL OFF!" but the temptation is strong.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Nope, I hate the rock. It is too random, too severe and not preventable enough. I can avoid that ClawPOMB bastard on the opposition, I can try and protect myself from fouls, but if that rock comes sailing in it'll hit anyone, anywhere. Horrible.

Speaking as a Stunty coach, of course.