Page 75 of 344 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785125175 ... LastLast
Results 1,481 to 1,500 of 6878
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus ChainsawHands's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mcphatty View Post
    Signed up on the sheet for next season - do I need to make the team and apply anytime soon - or best just to wait til things are closer to kicking off??
    Welcome, mcphatty! You'll not know which division to apply to until the current season's over, so go ahead and make the team now if you like but there's no immediate need.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    The thing about nurgle warriors is that you need block, guard, mighty blow and claw before you think about anything else - that's 76SPP before you want any clever skills.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by President Weasel View Post
    Do not discount the potential of pass block on nurgle warriors though; it'll let you move that zone of annoyingness around the pitch to where it's needed.
    If I ever got angry enough to make a Nurgle team every player (who doesn't have it already) will get Disturbing Presence, and everyone will get Pass Block. I can't imagine a more annoying team (outside of Dwarfs).

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    He'll, nearly every skill should be optional. Sometimes you'd rather get knocked down down(turn off dodge) than frenzy surfed. Sometimes you'd rather a player not use catch to get the ball(a player that's already moved catching a dropped/missed dump off). Other times you'd rather 'miss' a pass than risk a fumble on the re roll or vice versa.

My suggestion? Go set every skill to optional, sometimes you don't want to fend or stand firm or sidestep.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Given that PWeasel and Boots have played their game and Snoozer has conceded his game against me can we get Div 2 moved onto week 3 please?

Smaug and I played our div 1 day 2 match last night (his nurgle vs my necro).

It looked like it was heading for a 1-1 draw after I scored midway through the first half and was able to stall the nurgles and prevent them from scoring before halftime. Smaug then ground down the pitch removing undead at a resonable pace and scored with 2 or 3 turns left of the clock. Then thanks to some heroic elfball I was able to score the winner in last two turns.

Overall I think the dice for both of us were pretty average, except my d6, which were really quite good and let me get in some more agility than I had a right to.

The only lasting injuries were a dead 0 spp rotter and a -MV to one of my golems. I'm debating whether it's a good idea to replace him or just leave him at MV3. He has block/guard and is 4spp away from level 4. Golems take so long to level I don't think he's worth replacing.
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

Steam = potatoedoughnut

[RPS] Clone High

1-0 to the DarkMalice's Lizards... The Runty Gitz were robbed! I'm, petitioning for drugs testing to be banned.

Last edited by Heliocentric; 22-03-2013 at 09:25 PM.

Those sneaky little goblets, distracting me with laughter, I almost forgot to stomp 'em. Great fun though ;)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alistair Hutton View Post
    Given that PWeasel and Boots have played their game and Snoozer has conceded his game against me can we get Div 2 moved onto week 3 please?
    Seems legit.
    Let's have a blood bowl game, Hutton. Hey, I hope Snoozer turns up to kick boots's lizards about a bit, that would be handy.

Out of the blue it just occurred to me to move Division 1 on to day 3. Wierd.
    Last edited by President Weasel; 22-03-2013 at 09:58 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Can Div 1 also be moved on to Day 3, please? All games are played.

Those stats are all wrong, I BH'd 2 skinks... do fouls not tabulate?

Well, Sinister conceded our match on turn 5 after I'd crowd surfed 3 of his players, KOed 2 more, BHed another, floored the rest and proceeded to systematically gang foul his team with my ball carrier sitting a square away from the endzone.

Bit annoyed that I waited over two weeks for such an anticlimax, but a win's a win, eh?

Could someone validate the match and spin Division F through please?
    I occasionally write things on this website. You can read these things by clicking this thing:
    www.teamsao.com

Lesser Hivemind Node cyberpunkdreams's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by frenz0rz View Post
    Well, Sinister conceded our match on turn 5 after I'd crowd surfed 3 of his players, KOed 2 more, BHed another, floored the rest and proceeded to systematically gang foul his team with my ball carrier sitting a square away from the endzone.

Bit annoyed that I waited over two weeks for such an anticlimax, but a win's a win, eh?

Could someone validate the match and spin Division F through please?

I hope some of those were MNGs at least, ready for my match again him ;).

Quote Originally Posted by cyberpunkdreams View Post
    I hope some of those were MNGs at least, ready for my match again him ;).
    No MNGs I'm afraid, cyber. Although there likely would've been if he hadn't conceded.
    I occasionally write things on this website. You can read these things by clicking this thing:
    www.teamsao.com

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sinister agent's Avatar
    Actually I didn't concede after the multiple crowdsurfing (which was well played btw). I conceded on turn 7, after sitting around doing nothing for ten minutes after I'd already lost and given up. The prospect of another hour of twiddling my thumbs didn't really appeal.
    Last edited by sinister agent; 22-03-2013 at 11:50 PM. Reason: "on turn 7"

Quote Originally Posted by sinister agent View Post
    Actually I didn't concede after the multiple crowdsurfing (which was well played btw). I conceded after sitting around doing nothing for ten minutes after I'd already lost and given up. The prospect of another hour of twiddling my thumbs didn't really appeal.
    Well, you should be able to get your own back against my gobbos. It's for the relegation after all, so everything to play for (haven't we been there before?)

Actually I didn't concede after the multiple crowdsurfing (which was well played btw). I conceded on turn 7, after sitting around doing nothing for ten minutes after I'd already lost and given up. The prospect of another hour of twiddling my thumbs didn't really appeal.
    Apologies, I didn't realise it was as late as turn 7.

I don't blame you at all for conceding, it's just a shame it wasn't a more enjoyable game.
    www.teamsao.com

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sinister agent's Avatar
    Yeah, sorry, I am a bit cranky as I'm tired too. I don't begrudge the win at all, it was a good curb stomp. If there were a way to concede and also give you some bonus SPP, i'd be happy to go for that. I can fire a random player or something if it helps.

Yeah, sorry, I am a bit cranky as I'm tired too. I don't begrudge the win at all, it was a good curb stomp. If there were a way to concede and also give you some bonus SPP, i'd be happy to go for that. I can fire a random player or something if it helps.
    Don't worry about it, I got double cash and double MVP (and I believe two randomly assigned TDs as well?) so that'll more than suffice.

Just try to give those goblins a good kicking. They're far too successful for a stunty team.
    www.teamsao.com

Quote Originally Posted by frenz0rz View Post
    Just try to give those goblins a good kicking. They're far too successful for a stunty team.
    Oi!