Page 76 of 351 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886126176 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,520 of 7005
    Quote Originally Posted by potatoedoughnut View Post
    Overall I think the dice for both of us were pretty average, except my d6, which were really quite good and let me get in some more agility than I had a right to.
    Yeah, it was really a pretty even match for the most part. I feel like I got a few bad rolls at bad times that tipped the balance a bit when combined with your better than average dodgyness. Overall it was a fair loss, though, I must admit!

could an awesome admin please validate my match please? :)

Quote Originally Posted by potatoedoughnut View Post
    The only lasting injuries were a dead 0 spp rotter and a -MV to one of my golems. I'm debating whether it's a good idea to replace him or just leave him at MV3. He has block/guard and is 4spp away from level 4. Golems take so long to level I don't think he's worth replacing.
    MV3 means having to make a GFI to Blitz someone standing next to you when you're prone, so if you do that a lot with the FG that could be a liability. But I imagine FGs aren't often the player you Blitz with so it's probably fine, especially as with Stand Firm he's hopefully not going to end up out-of-position too much.

Quote Originally Posted by JayTee View Post
    MV3 means having to make a GFI to Blitz someone standing next to you when you're prone, so if you do that a lot with the FG that could be a liability. But I imagine FGs aren't often the player you Blitz with so it's probably fine, especially as with Stand Firm he's hopefully not going to end up out-of-position too much.
    Yeah they mostly just stand there and be annoying with stand firm and guard. They really only blitz if I need the extra str and can't get another assist.

I think I'll just keep the -mv and play around it. Losing a block/guard player (and hopefully soon MB as well) doesn't seem worth the 1 mv.
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

Steam = potatoedoughnut

[RPS] Clone High

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    Those stats are all wrong, I BH'd 2 skinks... do fouls not tabulate?
    You KO'd with your fouls (still kind of lucky, being 1-man fouls). The BH skinks were both failed dodges iirc, which don't count for your total.

It was a fun match to spectate :)
    Last edited by Screwie; 23-03-2013 at 09:50 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Failed dodges or GFIs hospitalising your mans don't count for the stats, which is why to judge the pain of my match against boots you need to check the screenshot.

Division L

Lorei'Elf (Pro Elf - Dentharial) vs. Hashut's Hirsute Heroes (Chaos Dwarf - Me)

1 - 1

Another fair reflection of the game in the scoreline, and it leaves Division L down to a tiebreaker and potentially a 3-way tiebreaker if the remaining match goes Alini's way.

It's a bit late here so I wont do a full report, effectively the Pro Elfs did some Elfy things to score TDs and generally hold the cage up. The Chaos Dwarfs rumbled around hitting things, though actually came off worse as the only Guard Dwarf went off BH early on and it was only in the dying moments of the game did an Elf go off BH. Both teams had some chances to win in the last few turns but the Elfs lost out due to some really poor luck, and the Dwarfs lost out by simply not having enough movement to run in the TD (I needed a Centaur to be one square further in alas).

Fun match! I screwed up the first Defence of the 2nd half by over-committing and forgetting the Elf nature of the opponent by not marking up players properly. Should have forced a lot more dodges and wotnot but ah well.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Div 2
    Altdrof Army 2 - 1 Red Skull Reavers

In the first half the Red Skull Reavers tore down the pitch KOing no less than 7 players. However the only injury that happened was a Human catcher falling over thier own feet trying a 4th attemt at a wardancer-ball defensive play. A 1TTD attempt failed due to excess stupidity on my part. Oh and they fouled one ogf my originals into having a broken neck. Curse you Chaosmans.

Into the second half and the Humans scraped together a 2 turn touchdown, sending catchers deep, getting the chaos mans top split their forces and then mangin to tie up the pass blocker who tripped trying to put pressure on the thrower, a simple catch in a tackle zone was taken and a few dodges and a GFI later and the game was tied, but given the Chaosmans last drive there was a certain air of inevitability about proceedings.

Inevitable up until the point where PWeasel clicked yes on using Pro to re-roll a catch rather than using on the the bounteous stocks of rerolls he had from Kick Off events this half. The ball spilled and the humans regathered. Only to be knocked down and the ball spilled, only for a series of beautiful dodges, a blitz ,a pickup a throw a failed interception and a human catcher streaking down the pitch. Only a lone Beastman cuold get back to cover and he stunned himself GFI. The Army stalled for a turn but scored and still left the Reavers with two turns and a kickoff event to tie the match.

Perfect weather. No help there.
    The Reavers ripped open the Armies right flank and put a couple of beastmen in scoring position. Although the pickup in the backfield was fumbled.
    The Army flooded the receivers as best they could but it was catchers marking them up. the REavers carved out a narrow channel, still requiring a Blitz and some dodges to score but it all came to naught when the throwbeastman fumbled the pass to end the game.

Aye, but for a failed 3+ pass (and a failed pro, and a failed reroll of the pro) I'd have won it, and but for a failed 4+ pass I'd have just needed a blitz on a no-defensive-skills catcher and a 3+ dodge (with dodge) to draw it. Such is life.
    It would have been a considerably different match if I'd been able to muster some decent injuries in the first drive instead of a huge number of KOs which Hutton's two babes got quickly back on their feet. Such is life.
    Looks like the reavers will be going down a division next season. Such is life.
    Last edited by President Weasel; 23-03-2013 at 04:34 PM.

Activated Node
    Leftfield and I are due to play our week 2 division C game at 10am tomorrow morning, so please don't default the match tonight. Cheers.

Activated Node
    My Div F game against Frenz0rz just killed itself halfway through the second half, any chance a friendly admin could reset it for us? Failing that, a malevolent admin would do fine.

Malevolent admin, you say? I'm your huckleberry.

Division G

[Delusibeta] Street Sweeping Scrubs 0-1 50 Shades of Beard [chadsexington]
    A game of two halves this one. For once, Nuffle was on my side, screwing over the Beards at basically every opportunity in the first half and resulting in me grinding out a no score half. The lack of funds resulting in the traditional cheerleader (Morg n Thorg) being replaced with some guy with enuff bling. Still, he proved surprisingly effective had duking it out, and in I probably got the better first half.

Second half didn't go so well, despite Cyanide allowing me to field 12 players. Basically, I got outbashed and outplayed, although my strategy was plenty suspect, with a back to back turnover which allowed a bull (who, admittedly, managed to pick up the ball by himself first time, so evidently he was blessed by Nuffle) to run down the field and score in the penultimate turn. On the other hand, my ogre scored an injury and KOed their minator (who admittedly was useless the entire game). I then decided to have a bashing contest in the last turn, rolled double skulls and received two injuries in response (including my apoth converting a Badly Hurt into a Broken Neck. FFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUU).

This concludes Division G's season, and so I'll like that to be rolled on so I can fire injured fools. Also, since I scored in the previous game, the Scrubs will continue (although admittedly this season I had far more fun than last season).

Division E should be safe to roll to week 3, recoil and I played this morning with my lizards feeling extra bashy. First half was pretty tight, but heading into 2nd he had 2 injured, 2 KO'd still, and a 5th following shortly after into the injured pile, allowing me to cage the ball and bash away until turn 16 for a 2-0 win. Props for playing through, not a fun half to play (I was trying to run my turns as fast as possible. lol)

I have a bit of a dilemma. I've got my division deciding match against Axler's CDwarves tomorrow night and I'm not sure whether to buy a second Ghoul or WW since I have got enough money for either. Obviously the dodgey ghoul is going to be at a lot of risk from all of that tackle but would having two WWs without block be too risky? Having two claw players against dwarves would be nice but will it come back to bite me?

I've found claw without Mighty Blow on the wolves to be utterly anemic - I wouldn't let possible tin-opening come into the decision because it doesn't seem to achieve anything. I tend to blitz with a MB player now, unless I need to get the frenzy in.

Quote Originally Posted by The Brain View Post
    I have a bit of a dilemma. I've got my division deciding match against Axler's CDwarves tomorrow night and I'm not sure whether to buy a second Ghoul or WW since I have got enough money for either. Obviously the dodgey ghoul is going to be at a lot of risk from all of that tackle but would having two WWs without block be too risky? Having two claw players against dwarves would be nice but will it come back to bite me?
    Invest in Cheerleaders imo. :D

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by JayTee View Post
    Division L

Lorei'Elf (Pro Elf - Dentharial) vs. Hashut's Hirsute Heroes (Chaos Dwarf - Me)

1 - 1

Another fair reflection of the game in the scoreline, and it leaves Division L down to a tiebreaker and potentially a 3-way tiebreaker if the remaining match goes Alini's way.

It's a bit late here so I wont do a full report, effectively the Pro Elfs did some Elfy things to score TDs and generally hold the cage up. The Chaos Dwarfs rumbled around hitting things, though actually came off worse as the only Guard Dwarf went off BH early on and it was only in the dying moments of the game did an Elf go off BH. Both teams had some chances to win in the last few turns but the Elfs lost out due to some really poor luck, and the Dwarfs lost out by simply not having enough movement to run in the TD (I needed a Centaur to be one square further in alas).

Fun match! I screwed up the first Defence of the 2nd half by over-committing and forgetting the Elf nature of the opponent by not marking up players properly. Should have forced a lot more dodges and wotnot but ah well.
    Yeah, it was a really fun game, but honestly didn't have very many dramatic moments in it, so I don't feel compelled to write my own match report.

I do want to touch on the start of the 2nd half, because that was a fun drive for me.

After Jaytee scored in turn 5/6, we had set up for a drive where he was able to pretty securely foil my attempts at running up the pitch, so naturally he set up in exactly the same way at the start of the 2nd half, and because I'm unimaginative I also set up in exactly the same way.

However, I picked up the ball with a blitzer, and then made a short pass to my thrower, in order to give myself some more maneuverability in where my thrower was placed. But the thrower fumbled the catch...

This left the ball in a tantalizing position, just close enough that Jaytee felt like he could run forward and pressure it, but not quite close enough that he could actually pick it up and secure it. As such, he put the pressure on, collapsing almost an entire flank in order to try and throw his team forward. Unfortunately, this meant that his LOS was weak enough that I was able to knock a hole in it, pass the ball to my catcher, and then have him sprint up the pitch to score a turn later.

It's actually a really interesting decision. I don't think Jaytee would have been able to hold me back for a full 8 turns without scoring, so I think pressuring the ball and threatening a steal was the correct move, but perhaps it was too much of a commitment.

Again, the game stands out for me as being superfun while also being entirely undramatic. Full of thoughtful decisions from both sides that served to essentially make nothing happen in the end.

I'm also really enjoying elves. As orcs, a game like that would really have frustrated me, but with elves I always feel like I have the ability to do something fun and pull a play out of my sleeve at the last minute.
    Started writing a blog for video games, roleplaying, game mechanics, and AARs.

http://dentharial.blogspot.com/

Bring out the magic squigs! Pop the bubblysnot! Get that Morkpowder into 12, neat lines. The retired Orc Rockers (and their trusty Rowdis) have done it again!

Rok 'Ard Nobz win the DoD Champs for the third time running!!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mrpier's Avatar
    Congrats grinn :)