Page 77 of 345 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987127177 ... LastLast
Results 1,521 to 1,540 of 6895
    Division C

Agathis Avenger (AgP) 3 - Silverdale Swifthawks (Me) 2

This has to go down as one of the biggest nufflings in history, twice i rolled double skulls and then again on the re-roll, one stopping a 2+ throw for a TD and the other leaving a catcher free for a score

2 failed dodges for highly probable TD's, one with a re-roll and to top that of a treeman makes an int in 3 TZ's to stop another!!!

2 deaths and almost a -str on a blitzer!

Highly entertaining game and i am now going to find a cat to kick !

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    3-2 is not a nuffling, sorry your application for cat kick is refused.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by grinn View Post
    Bring out the magic squigs! Pop the bubblysnot! Get that Morkpowder into 12, neat lines. The retired Orc Rockers (and their trusty Rowdis) have done it again!

Rok 'Ard Nobz win the DoD Champs for the third time running!!
    Congratulations Grinn!

Second leveled dwarf blocker on my Chaos Dwarf team (third if you count the one that died in the same game he leveled). Was hoping for claw but would settle for a bit more guard.

DOUBLE SIX BABY. Cannot ignore +1 STR on a dwarf. Now, the next step is to live past the next match.

ST4 Chaos Dwarf? Ugh, hard to argue that is a bad choice. And durable too, you might want to avoid further bash duty skills for dodge if you ever get another double. Along with stand firm and prehensile tail you are talking about an exceptionally hard to remove marker.

Randy Savages(Nor) vs Midnight Sparkles(Vam)

1 - 2

Victory for the Sparkles!

Highlights of the match: A damn mercenary killed a man, but a gun against his head, pulled the trigger now his dead.

Vampires are apparently also really really good at dodging, blocking and handling the ball. Thralls are also really really bad at kicking the ball. It was pretty boring elfish play with lots of injuries(for him, I only got one badly hurt Thrall).

I would totally find a cool song to go with this match, but there isn't really one judging by the description. That is until Drake decided to go in to the game a bit too confident and then I proceeded to whoop his ass.

Thankfully, it turns out the player that was injured at the end was a 0SPP linesman, so he got fired. In other news, my Ogre levelled up, so now he has Guard.

Had a grand rematch with Joose's dwarves and came out the victor, admittedly after a bit of a nuffling on his part.

So that's two seasons and two promotions. I'm not sure my poor little Norse team is ready for the big boys' tier!

(Also, validation of our div F game would be lovely thanks)
    I occasionally write things on this website. You can read these things by clicking this thing:
    www.teamsao.com

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LowKey's Avatar
    Handsome admins! Mine and and Eard's came conked out on around turn 13 and due to timings we wont be able to replay, if you could admin a 3-1 win to the lizards that would be grand.

Quote Originally Posted by LowKey View Post
    Handsome admins! Mine and and Eard's came conked out on around turn 13 and due to timings we wont be able to replay, if you could admin a 3-1 win to the lizards that would be grand.
    Seconding. Normally I'd prefer to replay as well but time zone not going to allow, and it had turned into a 1 sided affair mid second half with just too many underworlders knocked off the field for LowKey to really do anything. Godzilla Fanclub has been on a bashy streak last two games now

Div M
    Me Vs DarkMalice
    Once again got my arse handed to me, this time by Darkmalice's Lizardmen, i lost 1 to dead, 1 to MNG and 1 badly hurt, which the apothacary roll offered death .-.

final score being 2-1 to malice,
    sorry for lack of detail

He exaggerates, was close at the very end for a draw, fortunately my skink was hyped on totally legal narcotics.
    Now, to pay off that apothecary...

"I DID NOT LOSE" Runty Gits Team coach "Fear" From the team Tzeentchian Spirits "Is it not clear to you now I have spoken is true?" *sacrifices last of the teams remaining snotlings on a pyre, a flash of light burst forth and a new and improved snotling strides* out of the flames* the snotling then spoke in a baritone voice "I has skillz"

*relatively speaking

Div M
    (Helio-Snotlings) Runty Gitz - Chaotic and Fabulous (Me-Chaos)

Overconfidence is never a good thing when you go and play BB. This game was the perfect example with the upset happening in the first 2 turns.
    I started receiving and decided to put a couple warriors with no spp on the back, thinking a completion might be good. The quick pass failed of course and from that moment, everything went wrong. A Snot managed to do 2 GFI and pick up the ball in my TZ, I blocked him and blitzed him with reroll for a total of 9 dice and didnt manage to knock him down, even though my blitzer had block... then the snot just dodged a couple times for the TD.
    From this point on the 1st half was played with me rolling 3 dice and failing to knock the snots around the cage and being unable to move naturally because of sidesteps.
    1st half ended after a failed 4+ pass from a beastman at the last turn on a desperate attempt to score.

The 2nd half went better, with a lot of KO's and injuries that were not happening on the 1st part, peaking at 8 KO'd players on the Runty Gitz + a couple injured. The TD happened at the 13th turn leaving 3 turns to score again.
    7/8 KO'd came back partly due to the BW babe Helio hired.

Fortunately there was a pitch invasion, which knocked down a lot of the Snots, so I managed to get some players into position including one next to the ball, but again a snot comes into the TZ picks up on a 4+ runs ahead and throws it into the middle of my field.

My Sure Hands beast made sure to get it after a few guys moved upfield.
    Nearly every player was covered so I had to knock the markers down asap. Managed it and at the 15th turn I had a free player in scoring distance. tried the pass and failed again...
    Same story, snotling runs ahead and picks it up.
    I managed to get a blitz with a block beastman on him, and knocked him down but... the ball bounced back at my blitzer and he got it... Since I can't pass the ball with the guy who blitzed, the game was basically over. Except I had a few blocks to make. Finally the POW were there on the dice and i hit 5 or 6 guys down in a row with it. Afterall it was nuffle just averaging my block dice rolls at that last turn.

Final result 1-1 on a somewhat demoralizing game for the chaos who among other things managed to get knocked down on 3 block dice against. Next season will be better!
    Last edited by Chillydusk; 24-03-2013 at 11:40 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ChainsawHands's Avatar
    I'll be rejoining next season, with something bashy. I put chaos dwarf on the sheet, it might be that.

And I'm out for 1 or 2 seasons as I'm heading back to Blighty in just under 5 weeks now. That coupled with being away from my BloodBowl machine for the next 2 weeks means I'll have to miss the next season or forfeit some games. Should be back the season after that, as long as my computer makes it back from the colonies in time.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    @Chillydusk, Don't feel too bad about it, I've had some awful games with rookie-ish Chaos against Ogre teams.

If the snotlings manage to get around the ball you might as well forget about it, those Side Stepping little gits can't be removed. You only have a 30% (2D) or 42% (3D) chance of knocking them over without Block or Tackle (unless you start taking TOs for the team and using those BD results) and any kind of shoving just makes your situation worse.

In comparison Ogres were much easier to deal with.

Activated Node
    Could our Div F game be validated please? It was a horrible game for me but my Deathroller got a level up. I want to end the season on a skill based high :)

Quote Originally Posted by Screwie View Post
    Don't feel too bad about it
    Its not like i feel bad because of the result... only because I attempted that pass on 1st turn. If I didn't do that, I'm almost sure I would not suffer a TD. All merit goes to Helio though for putting up a fight even with a Snotling only team :).

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Did he not have Morg?