Page 78 of 357 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088128178 ... LastLast
Results 1,541 to 1,560 of 7139
    He was playing a thematic team. Snotling only and big guys were star goblins for him.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chillydusk View Post
    He was playing a thematic team. Snotling only and big guys were star goblins for him.
    Just 1 goblin "big guy", the bomber, but I forgot to get bribes/didn't expect to score in 2 turns.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

You did get a master chef and a wizard as well :)

So... this just happened... 2-1 Look No Hands (undead) vs [Insert Cool Name] (w-elfs)

1 death, 6 injuries caused to the gentle tree-lovers. By the last turn there were only 3 elves left on the pitch...

I thought it wasn't going well, [Insert Cool Name] scored on the 2nd turn. Then nuffle came out and shined on my rotten players. My first touchdown was scored by a Wight holding the ball, receiving a 'defender pushed'. The second was scored by a random zombie.

You may remember Simon Belmont? He passed away from his vampire team (Midnight Sparkles) during a previous match, and joined us as a skeleton. Well today Simon proved his worth, receiving a 'both down' result whilst blocking a lonely elf. The elf then sadly died.

On a lighter note, welcome to Yetto Rename, our new Skeleton (ex-elf) that joins our shambling ranks.

Finally, Tefnakh the Fourth our star mummy, proved the worth of block by committing 6 knockdowns, 3 stuns, and 3 casualties.

Injury box on the final few turns (http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=134285515)

May your elves recover in a sheltered wooden glade fair adversary!
    Planetside2 / Firefall: Crustycuffs
    Mechwarrior Online / Blood Bowl: Mrchinchin25
    GuildWars2: Shiifty (Mesmer) Frank Tankborn (Warrior)
    Raptr: mrchinchin25 Steam: mrchinchin25 Origin: ​Crustycuffs

Div A
    Blackest of Black Blacks 1 - 1 Anupshi Rises

Fun game this. The first half TD was a beauty. DogPants pushed hard down the right but over-extended slightly with his blodge str 4 exposing itself to a 2d block from my two ghouls. I got the pow needed and the ball came away into my str 4 ghoul's hands. The interesting fact about this ghoul is that he also has Hail Mary Pass, something which DogPants didn't notice until after I'd gotten my Vamp free in the Khemri half with only sketchy cover. One looooong pass started a scramble near the Khemri endzone which ended with my Vamp picking up (eventually) and running over for the first TD. It was too late for another score so the half ended with the undead (my Undead :)) in the ascendancy.

Second half I received and a pitch invasion kicked off. The entire right flank of the Khemri was stunned (no injuries tho, boo!) while my team was relatively unscathed. Sensing an opportunity, I rushed as quickly as I could through the gap. But my wights failed an easy hand off in an exposed position. The Khemri rapidly gathered the ball up and pushed back through the same flank. This time DogPants made no mistake with his cage and ground downfield for the equaliser.

I've been attempting a tactic of picking unusual skills (i.e. not block for everybody) for this team and, on this occasion, it certainly paid off :)

Div A: Blackest of Black Blacks (UND, Cacamas) 1 - 1 Anupshi Rises (KHE, Dog Pants)

The Blackest of Black Blacks kick off by punting the ball deep down the frigid Northern pitch where the Anupshi Rises champ Thro-Ra positions himself for a clean catch. The Khemri advance starts off cautious, probing the left flank without committing. When the defences yield a little the Thro-Ra races in to hand off to his stronger counterpart who blitzes clean through the Undead line. The pair of Ghouls scramble to intercept, and while they take the runner down and one recovers the ball, the other is injured by the following up Khemri Blitzer. Outnumbered and outgunned, the Ghoul retreats to his own touchline, out of range of the advancing Khemri. Meanwhile the Blacks' star Vampire, on loan for the game, begins a run by breaking a Tomb Guardian's leg in two places and charging deep. Anupshi Rises are late reacting as the Ghoul pulls back his arm and barely get a skeleton to follow the Vampire before a Hail Mary Pass launches the ball clean to the other end of the pitch. The lone skeleton seems to be distraction enough though, as despite knocking him to the ground the Vampire can't get hands on the ball. The delay allows a Blitz-Ra to assist, but the Vamp is unfazed and scoops the ball up to hammer it past the touchline and open the scores for Blackest of Black Blacks.

The second half starts with another long kick, this time by Anupshi Rises, but the end-to-end play has riled the crowd to the point where they take things into their own hands. A pitch invasion leaves a couple of holes in the offence, but as the crowd retreat again they leave the entire left side of the defence stunned. The Undead capitalise on this and sprint down the empty pitch, a still-rowdy mage dropping a fireball onto the line of scrimmage to account for another defender and open the gap even wider. Unfortunately for them, the Ghoul wasn't in a good position for ball retrieval and so a Wight follows up the charge with it. Handing off to the other Wight they drop the ball among the stirring Khemri. What follows is like a scene from a horror movie, as desiccated corpses rise from the ground and attack. Several Undead are flattened in the rush, the ball is recovered, and a cage formed before they can adjust to the sudden appearance of the defenders. Anupshi Rises begin to steadily beat their way up the sideline, leaving much of their opposition behind them. The Blacks' fastest players - the Count and the remaining Ghoul, manage to get behind the ball and briefly stall the attack, but the Ghoul is knocked out and Khemri pour through the gap. With little chance of stopping an equaliser, a plucky zombie spots his chance for glory and makes to blitz into the cage. Unfortunately for him the Tomb Guardian who had been punching his face all half gave him a kick in the bum as he departed and left him in a position familiar to any dodging zombie - prone. With no opposition, the Thro-Ra trots across the line to equalise.
    As the teams reform for the last few minutes of play the Norse weather closes in, dumping a few inches of snow on them. The crowds shiver, but stay for the show of violence both teams put on, and the little pass the two Wights make to prove they're not as butter-fingered as their performance might have suggested.

Coach Dog Pants knew this was unlikely to end well. After a long stint in Division A the Pharaowners were looking to start pushing for tier 1, and instead he had got them relegated. He wasn't disappointed, and a Lich-priest lurking in the shadows left him in no doubt as to what was coming. "Stibum! Now!" bellows the coach, and in reply a deafening boom accompanies a section of the tomb ceiling crashing in, nearly crushing him. Light floods into the tomb, temporarily blinding Dog Pants and causing the Khemri to recoil. Shielding his eyes from the sudden light he feels a blow to his head and waits for the grasping skeletal hands to finish the last of a long series of failures. Instead, as his ears stop ringing and his eyes adjust, he sees a rope ladder with a particularly hard bottom rung. "Grab it! Grab iiiiiiiiiiit!" cries a high pitched voice from overhead. Barely processing the pleaded order he grips a rung with both hands. Immediately his arms feel like they're about to be wrenched from their sockets as the ladder shoots upwards. Beneath him Coach Dog Pants sees frustrated Tomb Guardians reaching for him, above him he sees a rapidly approaching stone ceiling. A desperate and lucky swing later and he is back in the dry, hot desert air. His dust-covered Goblin rescuer grabs him and drags him after the Troll who is charging through the Numas streets towing a ladder. The city erupts into chaos as they flee through the dirty streets he has called home for the last year. Reaching the city walls a nervous Goblin caravan finishes hooking up the Troll and begins to move even as they pile aboard. The chattering, crazy Goblins within peer out of the back and grow silent as howls and rumblings emanate from the city, but by the time the stirred armies begin to move North they are long gone.

During the uncomfortable journey to the mountains Coach Dog Pants has his position explained to him. Far from being rescued, the chiefs of the Goblin Thunderbox Scramblers team with whom he had been negotiating the past few seasons require him to replace the coach he accidentally had buried in the sand months ago. Only his ruthless ingenuity had impressed the chief enough to offer him even that, but looking at the assembled team, excitable and uncontrollable in their purple uniform, he hopes they don't have as high expectations as the Khemri did.
    Last edited by Dog Pants; 26-03-2013 at 11:27 PM.

As the post above insinuates, I'm going to reboot as Goblins next season. After a year of Khemri I need some comic relief and play variation. Cacamas's rather more abridged report is spot on, a very enjoyable final game for Anupshi Rises.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Yay for goblins!

Lesser Hivemind Node cyberpunkdreams's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dog Pants View Post
    As the post above insinuates, I'm going to reboot as Goblins next season. After a year of Khemri I need some comic relief and play variation. Cacamas's rather more abridged report is spot on, a very enjoyable final game for Anupshi Rises.
    Great report. And as a fellow goblin coach, I welcome you to the fold. You will unlock highs and lows of emotion you did not before fathom possible. For real.

[On a technical side note, does a pitch invasion not always just leave players stunned by default?]

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberpunkdreams View Post
    [On a technical side note, does a pitch invasion not always just leave players stunned by default?]
    Indeed it does, and has to be given how OP it can be when a team has managed to get double fame. At that point you have a 50% chance of putting down each opponent... if you had to make injury rolls the carnage could get well beyond absurd.

This is the one kick off event that really needs changing imo. The fame modifier makes sense from a fluff perspective, but when a team has double fans it often comes down to a veteran team playing fresh opponents or a strong coach playing a weak one. Pitch invasions rules are written to be at their most devastating in favour of the strong party the more unbalanced the match is. Remove the modifier or just make it +1 regardless and it would be alright.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Perhaps steal the Cheering Fans formula, and have each coach roll and add their FAME and Cheerleaders, with the winner getting a +1 modifier. Thematically appropriate, gives the younger team a chance, and takes away the horror of a +2 invasion.

Quote Originally Posted by mrpier View Post
    Congrats grinn :)
    Thanks MrP!

Quote Originally Posted by cyberpunkdreams View Post
    I'm no rules wizard, but the prone players on Cacamas's team appeared to be downed but not stunned. I may have mis-observed though.

Lesser Hivemind Node cyberpunkdreams's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dog Pants View Post
    I'm no rules wizard, but the prone players on Cacamas's team appeared to be downed but not stunned. I may have mis-observed though.
    Downward means stunned though, that's the point, isn't it? But either way, as Zor says, there's no injury roll involved.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    They are all stunned. But then the receiving team has a turn and their players flip face up immediately as if down. Affected players on both teams miss out a whole turn of play regardless, as it should be.

Ah, yes that makes sense.

hey guys, i wont be able to play next season, what do i edit on spreadsheet to show taking a week off?

You'll have to change the division on the season info to z followed by the number of seasons you'll skip. I'm not sure if you can do it now or if you have to wait until the season is over to change your season info.
    Also, if you're dropping the team to start fresh in a couple seasons like you mentioned, you should put the race info in brackets. Its all conveniently showing on the notes in the spreadsheet.
    Last edited by Chillydusk; 28-03-2013 at 02:25 AM.

Ok, just about to sign up on the sheet, I was wondering which races are meant to be 'top-tier' in the race balance tab?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mrpier's Avatar
    All of the ones above vampires. I'm a bit unsure about underworld though, aren't they rated as a tier 2 team?