Page 80 of 343 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290130180 ... LastLast
Results 1,581 to 1,600 of 6848
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    +St is often just bloat. Only a handful of player types can carry it off. Anything AG4 (natural or boosted (including mutant with their extra arms and heads)) and anything which already has blodge. If you are AG4 you turn into a bulldozer which can spring from spot to spot and still give a mighty slap to blitz the ball loose. If you are already blodge you are looking to force your opponents into risky blocks.

If you are AG4 and blodge you are an elf and nuffles shadow will engulf you.
    One of my chaos mans is ag4 and blodge but is definitely not an elf.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Being flippant, nuffle will still of marked his card.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Anyone seen how recently Ethelred has been online? I need to play him asap and he's not responding in the divisional scheduling thread.

Network Hub
    I humbly request that Div D be validated, as Laneford and I played our game last night.

Quote Originally Posted by TheKenwyne View Post
    Anyone seen how recently Ethelred has been online? I need to play him asap and he's not responding in the divisional scheduling thread.
    He is currently marked as 'away' on Steam so at least his PC is on....

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I would always take st, for fear of angering nuffle.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sinister agent's Avatar
    Division F

Your Mother's Nightmares (Amazon, sinister agent) Vs. Black Bombers (Goblin, Cyberpunkdreams)

Relegation battle! Nuffle gave the goblins a real pasting for about three quarters of the match, with the bomber missing, fanatic isolated (by an incredibly lucky kick-off roll that allowed me to reset my formation, taking everyone out of his way), and chainsaw taking himself out of the picture. The AG+ thrower and dodger repeatedly scored snake eyes, the really stupid roll on the troll took him out for most of a drive, and the block dice were almost useless. Even a great deep play with three unmarked goblins to receive went skewiff thanks to bad dice.

The result was essentially a constant scrum, in which the goblins held their own, but just weren't able to hold back the block attrition from the Amazon liners and blitzers. A scoreline of 3 - 0 to the Nightmares, but deceptively close fought despite the total absence of casualties (all four apothecaries pocketing their cash for doing nothing). Had the gobbers their second troll, or less Nuffling with their specials, things would have been a lot rougher all round.

Cheers to the cruel whims of Nuffle! Jeers to the fucking litany of atrocious, fun-screwing UI choices we all know so well.

Lesser Hivemind Node cyberpunkdreams's Avatar
    Cheers for the write-up, Sinister. I think your first drive was a close fought thing, but after that it didn't feel that close! Ended up with only five SPP after the match (couldn't pass, couldn't score, couldn't injure), but on the other hand, there were no injuries and I won 70k somehow, giving me enough for a new troll (yay!)

In the meantime: Tier 4, say hello to the Black Bombers.

Activated Node
    When will the next season be starting approximately? I'm on holiday until Sunday 7th and don't wanna mess everything up by being late for the next one. As such, if you were wanting to start the season before then just drop me out for this month and I'll rejoin again the month after.

Div I

Kelron Vs Me

It was going well until turn 4 when Nuffle decided that I had offended him. From then on I suffered a steady stream of casualties (5 in total) and a steady stream of red dice (including a turn over on the first action of the turn on at least 3 occasions and 2 of my players were injured after failed blocks, one of which was a 2 dice block).

I'm surprised it was only 2:0

I'm retiring for the time being anyway. I will be away for most of April and a good chunk of May (and possibly June) as well.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kelron's Avatar
    Div I

Sunshine & Lollipops (Und, Kelron) 2 - 0 Zoggers (Orc, Palindrome)

Replacing the Orcs' armour with papier-mâché worked wonders.

Most of those injuries were from rolling skulls against skeletons and zombies, poor Palindrome hardly stood a chance. Undead injury toll was a regened BH and a KO.

Lovely to see Orcs getting a pasting. Bravo.

To be fair, he did have a goblin... no wonder Nuffle was offended.
    Welcome to Tier 4 Cyberpunkdreams. Hopefully we'll meet next season!
    I'll show you my love for Goblins then.

Div J my game still need an admin to move it on,unable to play as Pirate quit the legue :(

Quote Originally Posted by TheKenwyne View Post
    Sorry - thought I had subscribed to that thread but hadn't. Posted there now or msg me on steam.

Last match in Division L goes 2:0 to me, with my mean rats with a mighty blow Stormvermin outbashing and outrunning Sandman's poor lizardmen with no block and little luck.

Which means three way tie! Which I assume goes to Denathariel for number of touchdowns?

Quote Originally Posted by Ethelred View Post
    Sorry - thought I had subscribed to that thread but hadn't. Posted there now or msg me on steam.
    Ethelred the unready, I like the symmetry. :)

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by sadface View Post
    Last match in Division L goes 2:0 to me, with my mean rats with a mighty blow Stormvermin outbashing and outrunning Sandman's poor lizardmen with no block and little luck.

Which means three way tie! Which I assume goes to Denathariel for number of touchdowns?
    Remember that it's TD difference PLUS Injury difference, and I remember that you out-injured me. I'm really not sure which way it's going to go!
    Started writing a blog for video games, roleplaying, game mechanics, and AARs.

http://dentharial.blogspot.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kelron's Avatar
    Doubles on my skeleton (formerly an elf). Obvious choices for me are guard or sneaky git. Guard doesn't need any explanation, but skeletons are only AV7, I'd prefer to leave the serious brawling to my mummies, and wights have strength access and move faster. Sneaky git for more fouling with low risk, wouldn't bother me too much if a skeleton gets sent off.

SG on a 40 TV player is bloat, I suggest hail Mary pass.

If you ever get a off pitch kick give it to hmp-skell and back him away. Then have a diving catch ghoul get ready to receive.

Or leader, cheap rerolls?

The best fouling skill for a skeleton is wrestle, remember to turn if off when your on the defence and your opponent doesn't have block (happens more than you'd think).