Page 81 of 375 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391131181 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,620 of 7498
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kelron's Avatar
    Why is it bloat on a low value player specifically? I can't imagine ever wanting fouling skills on positionals.

Final league game in Division I.

"Fucking Elves" was the whispered lamentation by TheKenwyne after a series of dodges caused the plucky Delf team to equalise after a late first half touchdown.

The Delfs elected to receive in the first half and sought to pull off the old switcheroo after a feinted drive on one side of the picth, but TheKenwyne saw through this amateurish tactic, sacked the ball carrier and drove, untouchable, towards the Delf touchline.

Despite surrounding TheKenwyne's star blitzer (well lvl 2 anyway) and fouling his armour refused to break leaving the humans easy access to the endzone in the final drive of the first half.

The second half saw Ethelred's unready defence from the first half adopt a more businesslike position holding the human cage until Pope Gregory was sacked, leading to a Delf scramble for the ball and then 2 dodges to get into an upfield scoring position. The Human defenders did their best but a dodge followed by a successful GFI saw an equaliser.

The final drives saw TheKenwyne drive a big hole through the Delf defence and set up for a pass and a 2TTD, but Nuffle had seen enough and vowed that there would be no passes today. The ball scattered and Ethelred raced for the ball again to attempt a pass for a GFI chance at the endzone in the final drive (after another 2 dodges to pick the ball up) but the pass scattered, ending the game.

No one died.

Division I Gameday 3: Smoking Popes 1-1 Edie's Eviscerators

A season of draws completed for the Popes. I took the lead after stealing on the Delf's inital possession and lost the ball on ours in the second half. That said, had the ball carrier in 3 tackle zones and deep in his own half, didn't expect him to go full Elf and dodge his way down the field for a score. Grumble mumble elves mumble. Oh well, survived without lasting damage, bring on next season!

Always go full Elf.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelron View Post
    Why is it bloat on a low value player specifically? I can't imagine ever wanting fouling skills on positionals.
    I've always idly thought that a human catcher would make a great dedicated fouler.

Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    SG on a 40 TV player is bloat, I suggest hail Mary pass.

If you ever get a off pitch kick give it to hmp-skell and back him away. Then have a diving catch ghoul get ready to receive.
    If SG is bloat, HMP is a fringe case super bloat that needs a bloaty skill on another player too.

Leader is reasonable. I'd probably just take guard. Or just fire the skeleton because zombies are better and undead are rarely short on cash.
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

Steam = potatoedoughnut

[RPS] Clone High

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kelron's Avatar
    I quite like having a skeleton or two for the extra point of movement, and I do hate to fire resurrected opponents. Might just ignore the double and take block.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Id rather have 3 skeletons (120tv) than 2 with sneaky git(140tv).

Edit: diving catch is not bloat on a ghoul, +1 to regular catches is great for ag3 for only 20tv.
    Last edited by Heliocentric; 01-04-2013 at 11:30 PM.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Undead don't have any natural throwers though, I wouldn't take any catching skills (except possibly catch for hand-offs).

Quote Originally Posted by NieA7 View Post
    Undead don't have any natural throwers though, I wouldn't take any catching skills (except possibly catch for hand-offs).
    True enough, I just love skills that cause fear and confusion, HMP is such a skill.

I am going into temporary retirement for the next few months as I am going to be away a lot. I would update the spreadsheet but the last time I did that I broke it.

Hey there,

i'd like to join you next season with an Orc team. Just put my information in the spreadsheet.
    I'm quite new to the game, but let's see how it goes :)
    Last edited by Havocc; 02-04-2013 at 07:27 PM.

So we waiting on 1, 2, C & J wrapping up aye?
    Itching for new season :D

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Week 3 ends TODAY

Get your games played or post here to request an extension. If neither occurs by this time tomorrow I will give an admin result.
    Games outstanding:

Division 1: Doughnut versus Screwie
    Division 2: boots versus Snoozer
    Division C: AgP vs Pier
    ---------:Jolima vs Leftfield
    Division J: Pirate vs Rumpel

Bad Division C. Bad! Go to your room.
    God damn you, forum, I am trying to indent 'Jolima vs Leftfield'. Those spaces are there for a reason.
    Last edited by President Weasel; 02-04-2013 at 08:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by President Weasel View Post

Division 2: boots versus Snoozer
    Snoozer hasn't replied to any messages, and he had to cancel his game against Al due to work commitments, so I guess this game won't be happening. Could be worse, as I don't think it can affect promotion/relegation anyway.

I'm an excellent scoring and cas causing 2nd again, I'm almost hoping to not get yet another second place promotion, at this rate I will end up in champs without even winning a Div.

Division J: Pirate vs Rumpel
    Unfortunately I believe Pirate pulled out of the league, so Rump should be granted an automatic win.
    I occasionally write things on this website. You can read these things by clicking this thing:
    www.teamsao.com

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    all righty, barring further info I will give admin wins to boots and Rumpel tomorrow.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar

Division 1: Doughnut versus Screwie
    PD and I have tried and been unable to get our match sorted, and neither of us will be free to play it within the next day or so of some hypothetical extension.

PD has offered to forfeit to me for missing our scheduled meeting on Sunday, however since it won't affect the outcome of the league I'm quite happy to accept a draw. Benevolent admins, make of that what you will.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mrpier's Avatar
    Played my game against AgP in Div. C, won 2-1.

With 770 in TV difference I wasn't expecting much from my fresh Chaos-team, but they really pulled through. Two solid drives without much fuss and no double skulls at inopportune moments and luckily AgP's welves were a bit push-happy today.