Page 85 of 372 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795135185 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,700 of 7438
    How long does it usually take to get posting privileges after applying to your league group? For arranging games loike :)

May take a few days, but don't worry yet because the divisions need to be setup in cyanide BB and any adjustments made before you can even play. The 10 days should only start counting after everything is setup.
    I believe by Tuesday, most stuff should be sorted.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Division 1? That's closer to Champs division isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Chillydusk View Post
    May take a few days, but don't worry yet because the divisions need to be setup in cyanide BB and any adjustments made before you can even play. The 10 days should only start counting after everything is setup.
    I believe by Tuesday, most stuff should be sorted.
    Awesome, thank you :) Didn't want to be a newbie and be the cause of any delays.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    I'm still in Div 1, then. Oh God more Humans and OH GOD, DWARFS.

At least I have a High Elf match to enjoy first. It's been far, far too long since my last elf-versus-elf matchup, looking forward to it!

The spreadsheet tells me that there is still one person who hasn't applied to Div J yet (although the name in the "Notes" column makes no sense to me, the person isn't a member of the current division). Whoever that is - gogo apply nao!

Lesser Hivemind Node
    I wouldn’t bother looking at that page Squirrel; it has fallen into disuse. I’ve given up updating it myself now so it hasn't been touched for about three seasons :) For the record all your division are present and correct.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Screwie View Post
    I'm still in Div 1, then. Oh God more Humans and OH GOD, DWARFS.

At least I have a High Elf match to enjoy first. It's been far, far too long since my last elf-versus-elf matchup, looking forward to it!
    Completely decimated humans. I ain't got no passing game despite the massive TV.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by squirrelfanatic View Post
    The spreadsheet tells me that there is still one person who hasn't applied to Div J yet (although the name in the "Notes" column makes no sense to me, the person isn't a member of the current division). Whoever that is - gogo apply nao!
    That will be the column that says "status: Season 24" at the top of it? It's three seasons out of date which should explain the discrepancies. I'll go through the divisions this evening and see where we are.

Maybe we could automate it a bit better?

Populate four separate fields for each team in each division, plus a checkbox/similar for each for admins to use once that team has applied. The outstanding players and division status fields could be generated automagically from that.

Quote Originally Posted by Alistair Hutton View Post
    Completely decimated humans. I ain't got no passing game despite the massive TV.
    It's not the passing game I worry about from Humans!

Hey guys - I just wanted to apologize for my absence for the last couple of games. RL got in the way, and then I went on holiday to a place with a laptop that decided not to work anymore. In any event, I've decided to have a break from BB but may be back in the future.

Lesser Hivemind Node

Worry not, 3 rookie Blitzers as well.

Zoraster, President Weasel: Thanks for the replies, I figured the spreadsheet was still up to date because it had the names of the current season's coaches on it as well, but I guess those had been filled in via a sheet formula/function.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ChainsawHands's Avatar
    Wait, you worry about humans?

Quote Originally Posted by squirrelfanatic View Post
    Zoraster, President Weasel: Thanks for the replies, I figured the spreadsheet was still up to date because it had the names of the current season's coaches on it as well, but I guess those had been filled in via a sheet formula/function.
    For the last couple of seasons I've been mirroring that page's function through a mixture of manually checking and typing in CAPS and bold and underlines in the thread itself.

Quote Originally Posted by ChainsawHands View Post
    Wait, you worry about humans?
    Dark Elf team here. Unlike other elves they don't come with MA8 catchers or dedicated throwers out of the box. So the elves are more-or-less matched for speed, have a slight disadvantage in durability and strength, and are blessed with AG 4 but without the passing/catching skills to support it, making pass plays rather risky business. Manoeuvrability is the only real edge they have left.

It can be a tricky matchup.

Of course skill-ups help or complicate things further, but that's the jist of it. A skilled up human side will definitely aim to be very bashy towards me, which means I have to elf it, against a team which is often as fast as me, more injurious and possibly better at passing the ball.

It's that bashing I worry about. Both teams are quite versatile, but only one gets excellent Strength skill access.

I will need to elf my ass off, but at least there's no Zod this time around.
    Last edited by Screwie; 08-04-2013 at 04:50 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ChainsawHands's Avatar
    Oh, that makes sense I guess. I've mostly played them as either elf (in which case they're a subpar bashy team I can outelf) or chaos (in which case they're a subpar elfy team I can outbash); I can see being a weird in-the-middle team that can't really out in-the-middle them being tough.

Being scared of Zod I can totally understand.

With Indefatigable Snoozer taking a break we should have the correct number of players, provided we have everyone else available. How will the adjustments be decided? TV, points last season, apply for position by the division below? Seems like there will be some "chain pushing" there :P.

Quote Originally Posted by Chillydusk View Post
    With Indefatigable Snoozer taking a break we should have the correct number of players, provided we have everyone else available. How will the adjustments be decided? TV, points last season, apply for position by the division below? Seems like there will be some "chain pushing" there :P.
    We do have some experience in these things. There's always someone every season who just doesn't show up, or who picks just after the new divisions have been arranged to post the "oh I am not coming back next season sorry" post.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Snoozer was C so i guess we can't be set to day 1 yet. I eagerly await information on our new opponent.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/